PDA

View Full Version : Are seats covered under warrenty??

EvilSlvRCiViC
02-10-2004, 07:00 AM
like if they rip for whatver reason or get worn??

IownAmaxima
02-10-2004, 09:59 AM
"for whatever reason" ?? No.

If you have a pen in your pocket and sit a jab a hole in your seat it's NOT covered.

if a seam wears out then probably.

what did you do?

EvilSlvRCiViC
02-10-2004, 10:12 AM
nothing was just curious-- thanks

STP03BlueSI
02-10-2004, 10:36 AM
My seats are wearin really bad, where the belt meets the seat at the top.:(

jaydub
02-10-2004, 10:37 AM
I don't know if this is the same for Honda, but I know that interior pieces were NOT covered under the bumper to bumper warranty, and are looked at as "wear and tear" items. They were covered for like 6 months. I'm thinking cosmetic issues wouldn't be covered after a certain period of time, but mechanical issues would certainly fall under the bumper to bumper warranty.

pappaljf
02-10-2004, 10:39 AM
I had wear on my drivers seat bolsters, and they replaced the seat covers under warranty. I did have to go back and bust balls to get them to replace the passenger seat cover too. But yes, unusual wear on your seats should be covered.

You won't get brand new seats, but they will order new seat covers and then re-upholster. It looks like brand new.

ep_nezay
02-10-2004, 10:48 AM
No they are not covered by warranty, its a wear and tear issue.
The only way I see them replacing them is by noticing a rip/tear during a small period of time from purchase.

EvilSlvRCiViC
02-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks guys:)

civic si hb
02-10-2004, 03:58 PM
i posted this problem with seats not to long agoin the interrior section. when i took my car to the dealership to get a oil change done i brought to their attention about the wear on the seats from the seat belts. they told me my car was covered bumper to bumper for 3 yrs/36k, not to worry about it and bring it back in when the wear and tear gets worse or towards the end of the warranty ;)

SiR_d1
02-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I have "LIFETIME FABRIC PROTECTOR" what the hell is that then?

it cost me $299CND

LHD_EP3
02-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Seats are definitely covered by the warranty. I just had my driver and passenger seat bottoms replaced because of the fraying material.
When I first took it in I thought the dealership would give me a hard time but they took a look at the seats, and since my car is still under warranty, they immediately ordered two new seat covers for me with no questions asked. The part came in within about a week and they replaced them for me. It was a very simple and painless process. I recommend that if you are having a problem with the material on your seats, you immediatley take it in and get it taken care of.

SiR_d1
02-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by LHD_EP3
Seats are definitely covered by the warranty. I just had my driver and passenger seat bottoms replaced because of the fraying material.
When I first took it in I thought the dealership would give me a hard time but they took a look at the seats, and since my car is still under warranty, they immediately ordered two new seat covers for me with no questions asked. The part came in within about a week and they replaced them for me. It was a very simple and painless process. I recommend that if you are having a problem with the material on your seats, you immediatley take it in and get it taken care of.

Originally posted by SiR_d1
I have "LIFETIME FABRIC PROTECTOR" what the hell is that then?

it cost me $299CND

I guess thats what I have only lifetime then, or at least another 4 years before I get rid of my car

02CivicSI-VTEC
02-10-2004, 08:38 PM
damn..lucky people... i am having a tear in my back seats and my fronts.. is that under warrenty?? because it look ugly when i look at it. =( so for i had it about 2 years now... and my warrenty is 75k miles.

LHD_EP3
02-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Should be covered under warranty unless you were abusive to the seats. Just drive it up to the Honda dealership and demand to speak to the service manager....act like you're really pissed off and complain about how cheaply the seats are made. Tell them that they should be paying you to drive their damn car.

ep3hatchattack
02-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Knowing this makes me want to not baby my seats as much as i do, if as long as i dont do anything stupid, i can move around as much as i please......

02CivicSI-VTEC
02-10-2004, 08:46 PM
if its covered under warranty, why would i be bitching at them for??
shouldnt they just replace it for me??

LHD_EP3
02-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I was just kidding about that. They should give you no problems, they didn't even question me. They just looked at my mileage to make sure it was still under warranty and then they ordered the two seat covers.

02CivicSI-VTEC
02-11-2004, 12:41 AM
well my fronts and rear is tearing alot now.. so they should be able to get me fronts and back under warrenty?? if so damn that would be sweet :D,

LHD_EP3
02-11-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC
well my fronts and rear is tearing alot now.. so they should be able to get me fronts and back under warrenty?? if so damn that would be sweet :D,

As long as the damage wasn