PDA

View Full Version : buddy club replica

00002SiR
02-10-2004, 12:30 PM
hey guys i found the buddy club replice for 450 can$. is it worth it for fiberglass? will the bumpers fit nicely to my car? do i have to drill for the side skirts?

only people with experience on this kit, thanks!:D

beansbear
02-10-2004, 02:26 PM
The replica buddy club kit is really junk in my opinion. If you want something that looks good for little money then its worth it. If you want something that fits right, with no modification needed and you pay attention to minute details then this kit is NOT for you.

Save your money and get the real JDM kit if you dont have a good body shop. Getting the sideskirts to fit was a big problem for me as well as the front bumper. There were also waves in the front bumper but if you have a good body shop they can work it out for you. The only part of the kit that fit well for me was the rear.

KeNnYtAkEr
02-10-2004, 03:39 PM
I thought about buying a replica kit but I didn't because of all thsoe fitment problems everyones talking about and in our cold winters the cheap fiberglass tends to crack. Starts out with a hair line size but gets worse. It's better to invest in something alil more pricy but at least u wouldn't be throwing ur $ away right. And for us canadians I think we should stick with either urthane or abs plastic kits that way we'll be 100% sure they don't crack & they'll last through our winters no problem. Just my 2 cents.:D

Though $450cdn is a sweet prices the best I got from T.O. area is $550 brand new tho. so up to u man. Ur $ spend it where u want.

beansbear
02-10-2004, 03:51 PM
if you buy the real FRP BuddyClub kit you shouldn't have any fitment problems nor hairline cracks (well most of the time anyways).

k20hatch
02-10-2004, 04:51 PM
The replica is terrible on fitment! Mine is not the rep so the fitment was not bad at all, A few minor adjustments and it was on in no time! Where is this that you found the kit? ebay?

00002SiR
02-10-2004, 04:57 PM
i got the price from a friend that work at a shop, he always gets me great prices