PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my car!

Vierge99
02-10-2004, 01:26 PM
This weekend I'm going to be ordering stuff for my car so I can lower it. I don't want to spend the thousands of dollars for the Tein setup and was thinking more along the lines of some springs and a camber kit. What would be a good kit to purchase? If I get Neuspeed race springs and drop it 2" will that damage anything considering that I'm on stock tires and rims?

Thanks for your help guys.:D

STP03BlueSI
02-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Wrong forum....Suspension..been covered many times.

I have tein and no camber kit was needed.:D

Vierge99
02-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Oh. Sorry about that. If you're a moderator can you move this to the suspension forum?

STP03BlueSI
02-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Vierge99
Oh. Sorry about that. If you're a moderator can you move this to the suspension forum?

If i was a mod I would.:(

BlairSpeed
02-10-2004, 02:05 PM
STP03BlueSI, look at how many posts you have! :eek: With that many, id make you a mod fo sho! :cool:

Zigen5
02-10-2004, 02:16 PM
I would go with Eibach Sportlines...

jaydub
02-10-2004, 02:29 PM
haha I can't believe I got beat to sarcastic comments by STP. :D

iVtec si
02-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Zigen5 I would go with Eibach Sportlines...

yes indeed I have them and love them 1.4" in front 1.5" in rear and no need for camber. also if you go with the 2" drop your shocks wont last as long.

Jpax
02-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
STP03BlueSI, look at how many posts you have! :eek: With that many, id make you a mod fo sho! :cool:

:rolleyes: :D

Peking
02-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed

It's not about the quantity, it about the quality. Sorry Chris :D

jaydub
02-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Peking
LOL!!! ROFL!

KeNnYtAkEr
02-12-2004, 10:18 AM
I heard the nuespeed damage the stock dampers really quick. I dunno. rather spend more $ and get something that lasts and won't cause u head arches in the long run. :D

Zero Three Si
02-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Peking

So you're telling me you'd rather make love to a fat chick...

Than have 5 hour non stop drop top FOCKING with a hot chick...

Sorry buddy...this is american....IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT QUANTITY!!!!

Peking
02-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
So you're telling me you'd rather make love to a fat chick...

Than have 5 hour non stop drop top FOCKING with a hot chick...

Sorry buddy...this is american....IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT QUANTITY!!!!

Wait Zero, so quantity would be the hot chick? I thought the hot chick would be quality :D

Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
I heard the nuespeed damage the stock dampers really quick. I dunno. rather spend more $ and get something that lasts and won't cause u head arches in the long run. :D

Not to many folks have the Neuspeed Race Springs. I have met two folks with them on their EP. They tell me they love it. Shocks are going to go no matter what springs you have. The issue is time, and no one can really accuratly say when.

Civicvtec1ps
02-12-2004, 04:37 PM
It mainly depends on the springs. Also the way you drive and luck.
The ride on lowering springs is never going to be the same as stock. Their going to be stiffer and your going to feel more bumps. It will probably be more bouncy as well. Usually the lower the drop, the worse the quality and sport springs are going to be worse then race. Aftermarket shocks or even shorter shocks are going to improve the ride quality. Right now the only ones available for our cars are Koni,