PDA

View Full Version : Seat cleaning

blacksihatch
02-10-2004, 04:16 PM
On my passenger seat I have a nice white colored stain in the middle of the seat and on the black suede part on the side, which looks nasty. Any recommendations on what to use to clean this besides renting a steam cleaner.

Thanks

SiR_d1
02-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by blacksihatch
On my passenger seat I have a nice white colored stain

I hope that's not what I think it is:D ;)

blacksihatch
02-10-2004, 05:17 PM
haha no shagging marks in the civic, I don't know what it is.

dofu
02-10-2004, 05:24 PM
i use armor all cleaning wipes for the suede... they're the wipes that come in the purple bottle
i prefer using the dryer sheets coz doesnt gettin suede wet ruin it???

trk
02-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by dofu
i use armor all cleaning wipes for the suede... they're the wipes that come in the purple bottle

Armor All interior cleaning wipes?

or

Armor All upholstery cleaning wipes?

Very scary if you are using the regular old armor all interior shit... Id never put that on my seats.

SBC31
03-23-2004, 12:26 PM
The suede part of our seats gets dirty way too easy... I will have to try the Armor All wipes for upholstery.

Anyone know if Honda changed the material for the 2004 model? The one in the 2002 is crap IMO.

BlairSpeed
03-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by dofu
Our seats arent suede, their some similar matieral thats more durable (supposedly).

ep3 604
05-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Just using the searching thread for cleaning seats and I came across this old thread. I think our seats are alcantra but I can never find cleaners for alcantra, is there another name for it? im seeing alot of people saying suede.
Also what kinds of specific cleaners have you guys used cause i want to clean my seats.

rolldic
05-19-2008, 08:15 AM
first, our seats are a fake suede called alcantara; second, the best way ive heard to clean them is with a steam cleaner. i usually use a wet rag and a blow dryer, works really good!

NitroBoarder
05-19-2008, 08:48 AM
first, our seats are a fake suede called alcantara; second, the best way ive heard to clean them is with a steam cleaner. i usually use a wet rag and a blow dryer, works really good!

haha! homemade steam vac FTW! seems like it would work just as good as a steam vac too...im gonna have to try that out next time I clean the interior.

rolldic
05-19-2008, 08:58 AM
hell yeah, im ghetto like that! just make sure to dry them good and use like a hairbrush to prevent the material from matting down

Distance
05-19-2008, 09:21 AM
warm water and a rag. then start scrubbing. :mconfused:

r_jones06
05-19-2008, 12:30 PM
try getting whiskey/coke mix out of your seats... 2 years and its still not all gone... :mcry: (The sad part is that I wasn't the one who spilled it... I was the DD)

ep3 604
05-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I'l try out the warm towel method and scrub cause I sorta dont wanna pay for a steam cleaner just to clean my seats. I would if they were tainted lol

KevinEP3
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I just use oxyclean upholstery cleaner. once i went through some highwater and the car smelled like mildew. took it to the car wash and they cleaned it very well.

ep3civic2nr
05-20-2008, 07:53 AM
rug doctor from lowes with two cap fulls of simple green crystal and some hot water.

Blackexcoupe
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Folex stain remover is good for cleaning up patches or an all purpose cleaner like meguiars APC.

ep3 604
05-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Folex stain remover is good for cleaning up patches or an all purpose cleaner like meguiars APC.

i dont trust all purpose cleaners for some reason. i jus want something specific for the material

kaisertj
05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
STEAM!!!! seriously is amazing, call around, renting a good steamer is cheap and does what no cleaner or shampoo could clean.

!@#$%
05-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm going to be heading around to a few full service auto detail places to get some prices on steam cleaning the seats.

AFG
05-27-2008, 09:56 PM
damn i need to clean my seats too!

parkjehhyun
05-30-2008, 06:48 PM
my freaking brother was leaning into my car to get something from the driver side to the passenger side with a CIGARETTE in his right hand and burned a hole RIGHT into the middle of my fuCKing seat.

too bad he's my older brother and i can't do shit about it :mcry:

JohnyBlaze
07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Have you tried upholstery shampoo? I've never seen a seat stain that that stuff doesn't remove.

Aaron_in_MO
11-06-2010, 12:28 PM
warm water and a rag. then start scrubbing. :mconfused:

Yep, that's the method. My driver's seat had that gross baked-on sweaty grime from all the times I hop in my car after mountain biking in the summer. It was almost like caked-on wax on the bolsters that come in contact with my arms.

I tried some Power Out upholstery cleaner and a brush, but that didn't seem to do much. I finally scrubbed with hot water on a wash cloth, and it was almost zero effort; the stuff came out in 30 seconds. My seat looks almost new, instead of 8 years like it really is.

EP3tuner410
11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I love our seats but suede takes a beating and if you don't stay on top on them they end up all funky and green looking.

I love the non EP owners on craigslist posting Green Suede EP Seats!

It's funny but for anyone who has common sense knows Honda never put green suede in anything from the factory.

codyep3
11-19-2010, 09:31 AM
I love our seats but suede takes a beating and if you don't stay on top on them they end up all funky and green looking.

I love the non EP owners on craigslist posting Green Suede EP Seats!

It's funny but for anyone who has common sense knows Honda never put green suede in anything from the factory.

its not suede, its a synthetic suede called alcantara.

http://premierupholstery.com/services/upgrades/suede
Do some research, the seats can be cleaned, with water or cleaners

EP3tuner410
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
its not suede, its a synthetic suede called alcantara.

http://premierupholstery.com/services/upgrades/suede
Do some research, the seats can be cleaned, with water or cleaners

Put it this way...

I've detailed my car myself on the outside because of my years of working in a paint shop but the inside i've let alot of different companies take a wack at the interior and haven't been impressed yet!

I'll do some more research but i've always loved getting my car done proffesionally on the inside!

codyep3
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
a terry cloth towel and some hot water do wonders. I never use any type of product on the seats.

EP3tuner410
11-22-2010, 06:24 PM
a terry cloth towel and some hot water do wonders. I never use any type of product on the seats.

Good to know!

Just figured these arm and a leg detail shops could get something simple like that taken care of with the money you throw em!

LOL

JaydmEp3
01-05-2011, 11:41 PM

imma try this along with ep3tuner410 cuz i tried this new turtlewax upholstery cleaner and jus straight messed up my passenger seat. looks hella ugly. will give my recomendations wen its all said and done. =)

codyep3
01-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I tried doing the same thing to my carpets. Turned out the P.O. didn't know how to steam clean. The water was pretty much homologously brown

emsep
01-08-2011, 11:28 PM
hot water and a towle is the way to go.