PDA

View Full Version : warning with greddy turbo kit ********

weltall
02-10-2004, 05:25 PM
i got my turbo kit installed about a month ago and well yesterday my wife was driving it and i saw a puff of smoke and i asked her did you see that??? and of course she didnt well any way she went to press the brakes and they went to the floor and smoke started billowing out of the hood so i got out and opened the hood and it turned out that the left front riggid brake line had been melted b/c it was too close to the down pipe and the smoke was fluid spraying all over the down pipe the dealer ship said it would be $250 to fix it. so im letting you know that you may want to bend the lines out of the way of pipe or heat wrap them or both either way it will save your ass if you do
ei being stranded & having to pay to get it fixed:mad: :mad: :mad:

ep_nezay
02-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear what happened, but your installer should of seen that it was close and bent the line.
I bent mine.

02SilverSiHB
02-10-2004, 05:40 PM
damn that sucks! thanks for the heads up

beansbear
02-10-2004, 09:51 PM
installer should have also heat wrapped everything near that turbo!!!

BunnyBunBun
02-10-2004, 11:14 PM
humm......thanks, i just got my installed. I have to ask my installer tomorrow.

BunnyBunBun
02-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the advise! I got my heatwarp on today.

weltall
02-11-2004, 11:13 PM
when i get mine back from honda im gonna wrap the hell out of those things now so there is no way this will ever happen again:mad:

STP03BlueSI
02-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will remember Heat wrap saves.:)

beansbear
02-12-2004, 02:00 PM
any good installer will know to heat wrap everything and anything near that turbo. the heat sheilds do help but for long term use i wouldnt hessitate to do it. also be sure to use safety wire and not strap ties unless you get those expesive JDM heat resistant strap ties.

Btrthnezr3
02-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by BunnyBunBun
Thanks for the advise! I got my heatwarp on today.

Woot Woot man...I can't wait for you to show me what boostin' an EP is all about! :D

BunnyBunBun
02-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
Woot Woot man...I can't wait for you to show me what boostin' an EP is all about! :D

Haha, you'll see tomorrow:D
To be honest, this ep is my first car, and of course my first turbo. I thought our stock ep was pretty fast already, but with this little turbo, man......words are not enough:eek: It kicks in very fast as soon as you go near 3000rpm. No lag at all! One of the reason i got greddy is because it is a smaller turbo than T3/T4, therefore faster pick up. (but the high end power of these CN and Rev Hard are great too;))

anna n her ep3
02-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by beansbear
installer should have also heat wrapped everything near that turbo!!!
becarefull on the heat wrap, that stuff can get on fire, when my turbo was inservice, my heatwrap caught on fire and melted a hose that i had it on.. just my opinion from experence.