PDA

View Full Version : From Cloud 9 to the SH!TTER!!!

Si_nsational
02-10-2004, 05:54 PM
What a great weekend, first i went off to Radford College and had a hell of a time, then when i get home my Skunk2 coilovers, and AEM V2 intake are sitting there grinning at me. The first mods for my black beauty have arrived.
Well on my way to work Monday, im just cruising along down 66, having a great morning. Out of no where. WHAMMMMMMMMM! I swear it sounded like my passenger door just fell off. I pull over to the shoulder and get out to look, dreading every step to the side of my car. I flip on my little mag light, being that its 5:30 in the morning, there it is staring at me. A motherF**king scratch right in front of my back tire, about a foot long and pretty deep. Wow, you talk about smoke litterally excaping from my ears. So i start walking back down the shoulder trying to figure out what the hell hit me, i notice a nice looking pea shooter muff. Sitting in the middle of the highway, i honestly think that, that fart can fell off a car and whacked me. guess ill have to check the body shops out this weekend. because that scratch is awful. putting on my intake tomorrow hopefully will make me feel better.

k20hatch
02-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Man im really sorry for the pea shooting attacking you! Filled it with insurance or anything!! Very sorry man!!

Si_nsational
02-10-2004, 06:11 PM
yeah i have to call and see what they could do if insurance doesnt get involved.
you are from roanoke...you ever around radford?

Si_nsational
02-10-2004, 06:13 PM
im on my labtop, my regular computer is getting set up for DSL, so ill try to get them up by the end of the week.

fishboy
02-10-2004, 06:14 PM
pics?

i feel for you man. the other week a huge piece of cardboard either fell off a truck of got kicked up by a truck and came right at my car. i was kinda out of it so i couldn't avoid it completely, so stupid. i swerved enough to save my side view mirror, but not enough to save my rear bumper. that fucking piece scraped up my rim and hit the rear bumper, nearly taking it off. now i popped it back in but it isn't flush anymore. boooooooooo. :o

ep3hatchattack
02-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Damn, im sorry to hear that, i hope it will be fixed and your V2 can take some sting out of it while its in progress..

peterZ
02-10-2004, 06:30 PM
totally sucks. I hate 66. it's loaded with trash and junk, and the salt and sand peppers your car as you get up to speed, especislly in the overflow lane. I take 29 or 50 east in the mornings now. it's a little slower, but all that road junk doesn't mess the front (or sides) of the car. you may want to check D&V autobody in Chantilly; they're a bit expensive, but they do a great job.
peter

chubbychu
02-10-2004, 06:45 PM
yea i hate how people just shed parts. the other day i was driving down i-5 and SMASH! a black hose or something smacks into my bumper. i get off on the next exit and find out that my foglight is smashed to sh!t.

k20hatch
02-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Si_nsational
yeah i have to call and see what they could do if insurance doesnt get involved.
you are from roanoke...you ever around radford?

I actually have a few friends that go there...and my g/f's sister goes there...We will have to meet up sometime time!!

civicracer1128
02-11-2004, 12:30 AM
shout out to dianne from elliot in the morning.....she went to radford i believe...

and on a serious note......road junk sucks. in fact all things that harm ones car by no fault of they're own are bullshit when just cruisin down the highway. i was lucky as hell yesterday. i hit a 2X4 and just drove over it. THUMP THUD but out of all the ways it COULD have shot up and smacked the ep it didnt. ive hit drywall(could have been worse) that did in the past and while there was no real damage it hurt me to hear it. sorry it happened to you. if it makes you feel better i have a story.

im a honda guy at heart but a year or so ago i wanted stock turbo. thought it would be easy to tune and fun to drive. i got a jetta 1.8t. its a great car but the reliability isnt worth it at all. anyway, i was on 95 goin 45 or so waiting to murge....dump truck doesnt let me in and im behind him.........HES DUMPING GRAVEL!!!!!!!!! german paint sucks for those that dont know. chips like hell.....well anyway....19 big rock chips in about 10 seconds. car looked like shit instantly. i was soooooo pissed. couldnt fix it either....would have had to paint finders, bumper and hood. not $$$$ effective so i left it. thank god i went back to honda. rock chips were the tip of the iceberg for that car.

evilep3
02-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
yea i hate how people just shed parts. the other day i was driving down i-5 and SMASH! a black hose or something smacks into my bumper. i get off on the next exit and find out that my foglight is smashed to sh!t. i know its bullshit i was coming home from work and nailed a peice of metal about the size of a food tray. it put a gash in my bumper and managed to rip off a peice of plastic shielding from the undercarage...:yellm:

k20beast
02-11-2004, 01:49 AM
i think i may be able to top this story... well i just got my black car the day before i left for los angeles for my birthday and we were having someone fix the roof of the garage so i couldnt put the car in the garage so i parked it infront of the house and when i came back my car was dirty as hell so i washed it. i noticed there were white specs all over the car i show my mom and she said the neighbors were painting their house and that is all overspray so i told them and $3000 worth of repair from the dealer including the protective coat, an extra set of side mirrors, new winsheald, and new plastic trim later my car is back to being brand new... that happened in october of 02.... then one night i was at school and i came out of my night class someone hit my car in the back and left no note or anything. i was already pissed cuz of that and on the drive home the car next to me kicks up a rock that seems like a boulder and leaves a dent the size of my cell phone right by the i-vtec sticker on the drivers side

dofu
02-11-2004, 02:22 AM
hey hey hey... jus cause you got body damage dont mean its the end of the world now... jus do like i did... got some damage done... then fix it to be better than before (upgrades) while its in the shop to make up for the little incident :'( :confused: ;) :D :cool: ...

k20beast
02-12-2004, 01:17 AM
i never got the dent and my back end fixed cuz i got over it u cant really tell when u see the dent no paint chips or anything gut a dent in the corner