PDA

View Full Version : Help before I install my NX kit

DyNastySi
02-11-2004, 12:18 AM
I juss bought a NX kit. My friends that are helping me say its a universal kit, but I dunno if its a wet kit or not. So thats my first question. How can I tell the difference between a wet and a dry kit?(Lemme go get my flame suit on) Second question. We want to install the WOT click on the throttle body, but we cant figure out how to mount it. Does anyone have pics on how this is done? Last question. Were also trying to mount the bottle in the hatch. Only problem is that we wont be able to use all four holes in the bracket because were trying to drill into the body. I'll take pics of what we have done so far. If anyone can send me pics of how their system is set up I would really appreciate it. Email is at DyNastyRacing@aol.com

Vertigo
02-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Fireman here! Congrats on the kit. A wet kit will have two selnoids. One for fuel and one for nitrous(they're labeled). Also the nozzle that goes into the intake will have two hook-ups(fuel & nitrous). Dry kits only have one selniod and one hook-up on the nozzle. Now sence i don't have a kit in my EP yet, i can't help you with your two other questions. I know Nug as a kit in hs car. You can try to PM him with some questions on his set-up.

DyNastySi
02-11-2004, 02:16 AM
Ok cool I do have the two solenoids. Thanks alot for your help!!

One more thing. Im running on the stock plugs now. I read on NX's website that you should run 1 to 2 plugs colder. Any idea on what 1 to 2 plugs colder is. And if I remember correctly they said not to run platinum plugs. Sorry for all the questions. I juss wanna do this right the first time.

Vertigo
02-11-2004, 03:52 AM
The OE plugs are NGK IZFR6K-11 and they are iridium. I don't know if iridium plugs are ok to use with nitrous. We have always ran the el-cheapo copper plugs when using nitrous. I can't remember if the 6 or the 11 is the heat range of the plug. But two steps colder would read either 4K or -9. I have always heard not to use platinum and split tip plugs(splitfire & Bosch +4). The best thing to do is to either e-mail or call N/X and ask what is the correct plug to use.

RSX_Factor
02-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DyNastySi
One more thing. Im running on the stock plugs now. I read on NX's website that you should run 1 to 2 plugs colder. Any idea on what 1 to 2 plugs colder is. And if I remember correctly they said not to run platinum plugs. Sorry for all the questions. I juss wanna do this right the first time.

Depending on the size of the shot you're planning on running, which should be small to start with, your stock plugs will be ok.

As far as your WOT switch, mine is actually mounted under my gas pedal inside the car. Someone posted pics of their wot switch on here, I'll see if I can find them. Why did you want to connect it to your throttle body?

A shop installed my bottle in my car(RSX). They actually mounted a plate to mount the brackets on because they had the same problem I think you're talking about.

RSX_Factor
02-11-2004, 12:14 PM
BlackSi2002 was the person I was talking about that had pictures of his set-up, but I see in his sig now he has no nitrous. He still might have pics though.

scripter
02-12-2004, 04:39 PM
hey i just finished my setup. i don't have a scanner to send you pics but if you need help let me know. i didn't get the wot switch mounted on the t-body to difficult i mounted it by the pedal. good luck.

Black 02 SI
02-12-2004, 05:31 PM
hey maybe you can go faster than 16's now scrip you worthelss piece of shit. maybe you'll blow your motor up, along with you car. one could only hope. oh yeah and if anyone thinks i'm being an ass that fag desereves it he talks waaaay to much shit about things he has no idea about. you are going to get banned and it is going to be so great.

dave

Vertigo
02-12-2004, 08:47 PM
^^^^^^:eek: :eek: :confused:

DyNastySi
02-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Sorry, I didnt want to install the WOT switch on the throttle body. Its right by the throttle cable. I'll take pics so you guys could see. One thing I am having trouble with tho is how to take off the fuel line. Are you supposed to push in the little green clips and pull? I tried pulling and pushing and got nothing. Thanks alot again for your help.

RSX_Factor
02-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Those little bastards are a pain.
I think if you pinch down on them and push them together, then they pull apart.
Make sure you have a towel handy because the line will drain.

BLUEEP
02-13-2004, 10:40 AM
you should not have to take the fuel line off. but if you do relieve the pressure by taking gas cap off. there will still be pressure in the line but not as much. the green clips take a small flat head and gently push on the part of the clip that actually holds the. do this to both sides while working the line off. what kit are you using.

RSX_Factor
02-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BLUEEP
you should not have to take the fuel line off...

True, but he does need to pull the line apart to put a tee in.

scripter
02-13-2004, 03:36 PM
No he doesn't tap into the fuel rail it is so much easier. remember when you tap into the fuel line you are messing with 60psi. i mean it's up to you but to be safer i would tap in to the fuel rail

BLUEEP
02-13-2004, 03:40 PM
YOU DO NOT WANNA T INTO THAT LINE THERE IS 60PSI OF FUEL THERE NOT A GOOD IDEA. IT WILL LEAK. YOU NEED A SERVICE PORT (WHICH HONDAS DON'T HAVE.) YOU NEED TO DO LIKE SCRIPTER SAID. TAP INTO THE RAIL.

RSX_Factor
02-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BLUEEP
YOU DO NOT WANNA T INTO THAT LINE THERE IS 60PSI OF FUEL THERE NOT A GOOD IDEA. IT WILL LEAK. YOU NEED A SERVICE PORT (WHICH HONDAS DON'T HAVE.) YOU NEED TO DO LIKE SCRIPTER SAID. TAP INTO THE RAIL.

60 PSI? WHAT'S HE DOING TAPPING INTO THE LINE WHILE THE CAR IS RUNNING???

Maybe your car is different, but I don't think I had any fuel pressure at all when I opened my line. It did leak a little, the amount of fuel that was in the hose right there.

ATRIOT
02-14-2004, 10:07 AM
LOL RSX_FACTOR.... Scripters tha all knowing 16sec Honda Tech... He's got the skills to tap fuel lines when the cars running :confusem:

DarkSiRacer
02-14-2004, 10:24 AM
SCripters and BlueEP are banned? hmmmmm ok... but anyways my mechanic tapped the fuel line. he just cut it in half used a heat gun to open the inner plastic lining and voila it fits perfect.

SOMEONE
02-14-2004, 01:57 PM
umm, when the car is running the little t-fitting you get in the nx kit is timy that is he said you should not tap into the fuel line. the safest way to do it is tap into the fail. but hey it is only fuel and yeah cut it in half. so when or if the t tap does fail, no biggie it will just spary all over the header but that won't cause a fire will it.