PDA

View Full Version : shipping weight of springs / shocks???

graham
02-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Hello,

Just wonder if anyone knows how much a set of springs & shocks weigh ... I'm trying to calculate some shipping costs for some goodies :).

Or if no one knows ... care to venture a guess? My initial stab was 5 lbs each for the springs, 10 lbs each for the shocks.

Thanks!

Graham

Btrthnezr3
02-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Don't know how much this helps...but I recently shipped a set of 4 KYB AGX shocks and 4 Ground Control Coil Overs along with 2 Aluminum strut bars in a box and it weighed just around 50lbs. The box was 19x19x30 and it cost me 48 bucks to ship it from Texas to NY UPS ground. Hope this helps a little bit.

graham
02-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
Don't know how much this helps...but I recently shipped a set of 4 KYB AGX shocks and 4 Ground Control Coil Overs along with 2 Aluminum strut bars in a box and it weighed just around 50lbs. The box was 19x19x30 and it cost me 48 bucks to ship it from Texas to NY UPS ground. Hope this helps a little bit.

Actually ... that helps a lot. It should weigh less than I thought!

Thanks sooooo much ... it makes my purchasing decision much easier!

Graham

Btrthnezr3
02-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Yeah...I sold the stuff to one of my internet friends and packed it ultra well with all sorts of tissue paper, newspaper and foam stuff. I also forgot to add that this was the shocks/struts, coils, strut bars, strut bar brackets, extra hardware/washers from the install/removal, some abs eyelids...and this was in a box that was a lot bigger than what would be needed if you were shipping just shocks/struts/springs...I had to have a bigger box so that the strut bars could go caddy corner inside it (even after taking the brackets off). So yeah...for shipping all that, ups ground...50 bucks...not bad ehh!?

Oh...and ups can pretty much gurantee delivery dates right now!

What kind of setup are you getting and from where? If you don't mind me asking :angel:

Forgot to mention (or maybe you realized)...that was US dollar shipping costs.

DynaSpeed
02-11-2004, 08:21 AM
I just received my JIC FLT-A2's, in the box with the light bubble-wrap and the big box, and Fedex put 63lbs on the shipper.

graham
02-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3

What kind of setup are you getting and from where? If you don't mind me asking :angel:

Forgot to mention (or maybe you realized)...that was US dollar shipping costs.

Well ... I don't want to jynx it ... but I'm hoping to get some stock CTR suspension from the UK ... shipping is insane though ... 50 lbs = 100 pounds ($188 USD).

I'll let you know what happens!

Graham

Btrthnezr3
02-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Well, I'll cross my fingers for you. ;)

Graywolf
02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by graham
Well ... I don't want to jynx it ... but I'm hoping to get some stock CTR suspension from the UK ... shipping is insane though ... 50 lbs = 100 pounds ($188 USD).

I'll let you know what happens!

Graham

Dude where can you buy UKDM parts? I NEED UKDM CTR PARTS PLEASE!!!!