PDA

View Full Version : Will Toda race header fit our car?

etsoi
02-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi I have a spoon N1 and I am getting the T1R midpipe soon. I am thinking of getting a header as well. I was going to get the jackson racing one but now I have a chance to get a great deal on the toda from my friend. So will it fit our EP3 with Spoon N1 and T1R midpipe? Thank you for your help!

fishboy
02-11-2004, 10:36 AM
not too sure about fitment, but since he's your friend you should try and put it on and if it doesn't work then don't get it. simple as that. you might need the today front sway bar, but you can tell us whether or not you can use it when you try putting it on today.

JMI
02-11-2004, 11:48 AM
It will hit the sway bar. You will need the USDM (non type-r) toda sway bar for the RSX.

It would fit my car as I have the alum lower a-arm and sway bar from the dc5-r on me EP3. It would also go nice with my k20a swap.

Let me know if your not going to use it... :)

chunky
02-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by JMI
It will hit the sway bar. You will need the USDM (non type-r) toda sway bar for the RSX.

It would fit my car as I have the alum lower a-arm and sway bar from the dc5-r on me EP3. It would also go nice with my k20a swap.

Let me know if your not going to use it... :)

psssst. . . the toda header for USDM motors comes with a toda swaybar which allows the clearance for the toda header.

Low Rider
02-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by chunky
psssst. . . the toda header for USDM motors comes with a toda swaybar which allows the clearance for the toda header.

You will need different control arms if you are going to use the Toda front sway bar (I'm pretty sure). You need the Type R control arms or the Mugen RSX arms.

chunky
02-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
You will need different control arms if you are going to use the Toda front sway bar (I'm pretty sure). You need the Type R control arms or the Mugen RSX arms.
it's made for the USDM control arms y0. that's why they charge extra $$$ for the usdm header.

and not to mention, I think the sway bars are interchangeable between the USDM & JDM up front & rear.

Low Rider
02-11-2004, 04:04 PM
it's made for the USDM control arms y0. that's why they charge extra $$$ for the usdm header.

and not to mention, I think the sway bars are interchangeable between the USDM & JDM up front & rear.

No shit!!?? That's pretty cool. The JDM & USDM rear sways are interchangeable but I'm almost 100% sure that the fronts are not.

chunky
02-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
No shit!!?? That's pretty cool. The JDM & USDM rear sways are interchangeable but I'm almost 100% sure that the fronts are not.

well, I don't know for sure on the front sway bar. I do know they're different in the amount of header clearance they provide. AFIK the only difference in control arms is the offset of the balljoint mount and that the type-r control arms require a new steering kunckle b/c the balljoint mount point is larger on the type-r. So you need type-r knuckles & balljoints to use the LCA's. or you can have someone press in an adapter sleeve to allow the use of the USDM balljoint & knuckle.

Low Rider
02-12-2004, 04:13 AM
well, I don't know for sure on the front sway bar. I do know they're different in the amount of header clearance they provide. AFIK the only difference in control arms is the offset of the balljoint mount and that the type-r control arms require a new steering kunckle b/c the balljoint mount point is larger on the type-r. So you need type-r knuckles & balljoints to use the LCA's. or you can have someone press in an adapter sleeve to allow the use of the USDM balljoint & knuckle.

I checked with Toda yesterday... Their header is made for the Type R or RSX Type S only. Those headers will not fit the USDM EP3 without some fairly major modifications. You will need:

- Type R control arms
- RSX front sway bar
- Type R spec b-pipe

:D :D

JMI
02-12-2004, 04:59 AM
It will not fit the EP3 or RSX-S ! You need the DC5-R A-ARM.

"- Type R control arms
- TYPE-R RSX front sway bar
- Type R spec b-pipe"

Check,

I've got all these. I guess I'll be buying a Toda header in the future.

Derek :)

KeNnYtAkEr
02-12-2004, 08:47 AM
I believe the Toda header comes with a costum front sway bar http://www.todaracing.com/images/rsxsway.jpg (http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_k20a/exhaust_manifold.html)
And don't think it'll fit the Ep3 :rolleyes:

KeNnYtAkEr
02-12-2004, 08:48 AM
etsoi let me know if u find a header that fits. I have the same set up as u haha T1R mid pipe and the spoon axle back. I believe the spoon one fits but cost way to much. let me know what u find out thanks man ;)

Low Rider
02-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
etsoi let me know if u find a header that fits. I have the same set up as u haha T1R mid pipe and the spoon axle back. I believe the spoon one fits but cost way to much. let me know what u find out thanks man ;)

The Spoon header will not fit your set up. I have the T1R b-pipe and the Spoon Axel back and I am using the Comptech headers... You need headers that are specifically designed for the North American EP3 unless you are willing to change your front control arms and sway bar!!!;)