PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Civic SI with HFP

sk2oi
02-11-2004, 12:00 PM
I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up some oil and a filter. I asked them if they had any 2004 si's since I didn't see any in the lot. They said they had 4 in a different lot. Then I asked about the HFP, and if any of the SI's have it installed on them. The fleet manager spoke to me because the salesperson didn't look like she had a clue what I was talkin about. After he talk to his parts manager I was told that the HFP for the SI was not available to any american honda dealers, and that he's guess it wont be available for another six months. Anyone know whats the deal with this?

Btrthnezr3
02-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Hmm who knows? When I went to my dealer for an oil change, they didn't even have any 04's.

DyNastySi
02-11-2004, 12:16 PM
My dealer only carries one 04 on the lot. Before I bought mine two of them already had gotten broken into. Including mine. I guess thats why they only keep one on the lot. They took the seats and the antena. They gave me one that came off an S2000. Hey...does that count as a mod?:D

S2KplusSI
02-11-2004, 12:24 PM
My dealer sells their '04 Si's before anyone can steal anything. I'm really surprised because the '02-'03 Si's could not sell and the dealer always had 8 or so on the lot. None ever got broken into and they never sold. Wonder if the EP's are that more appealing to the masses in '04.

chunky
02-11-2004, 06:03 PM
check the www.hondacars.com page for the civic si. they have pictures of the king motorsports civic si on there.

honda is trying their best to muster some excitement about the ep3. I'm just waiting for them to stop production already so that I can start hearing people moan and bitch about how they can't buy them new anymore. =P then the resale goes up up. not that i'd ever sell mine unles i was under some serious financial hardships.

televated
02-11-2004, 06:15 PM
That HFP stuff makes the car look too fast for what it is. With those looks, it should have at least 200 hp. And racing stripes!:p

Mugen Power
02-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I don't see why the HFP won't be in this country because I have a '04 Si brochure where they show cars with it and list it as a package.

Tenacious G
02-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by S2KplusSI
My dealer sells their '04 Si's before anyone can steal anything. I'm really surprised because the '02-'03 Si's could not sell and the dealer always had 8 or so on the lot. None ever got broken into and they never sold. Wonder if the EP's are that more appealing to the masses in '04.

or maybe the dealers finally got smart and realized the EPs aren't selling so they're ordering less. :confused:

reszmeth
02-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Are the hfp sides the same as the typr r sides

S2KplusSI
02-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
or maybe the dealers finally got smart and realized the EPs aren't selling so they're ordering less. :confused:
LOL, that's probably true, but in doing that, my friend didn't get an EP. The dealership cross town had 2, but they were both pending sale.

DavidT
02-11-2004, 09:48 PM
The base price of a HFP Civic Si is alittle over a cheap RSX Type S model (Brand new). A lot of people would rather buy the Type S for that kind of money.

goy091
02-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by televated
That HFP stuff makes the car look too fast for what it is. With those looks, it should have at least 200 hp. And racing stripes!:p

yea i concur with the racing stripes! :D hahaha

Mwing
02-12-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by xXxAutumnsEnd
Are the hfp sides the same as the typr r sides

NOt exactly but look similar. the part behind the front wheel look different.

phatfreeza
02-12-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
The base price of a HFP Civic Si is alittle over a cheap RSX Type S model (Brand new). A lot of people would rather buy the Type S for that kind of money.

i know i'd take the type-s! it'll leave the look-fast civic in the dust!!! :)

i still want those HFP rims!!! grrrrrrrrr... why didn't our cars come with those!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Stoop
02-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by sk2oi
I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up some oil and a filter. I asked them if they had any 2004 si's since I didn't see any in the lot. They said they had 4 in a different lot. Then I asked about the HFP, and if any of the SI's have it installed on them. The fleet manager spoke to me because the salesperson didn't look like she had a clue what I was talkin about. After he talk to his parts manager I was told that the HFP for the SI was not available to any american honda dealers, and that he's guess it wont be available for another six months. Anyone know whats the deal with this?

The HFP kit is available NOW to dealers. I've already ordered a black one for my dealership and the parts have arrived. We don't have it on the car yet, but we have all the parts here.

Go back and tell your salesman/parts manager that they became available to order on January 23rd and that his parts people need to read their parts bulletins.:confused:

If he needs a reference number, tell him to read Parts Information Bulletin A04-0003 which is titled "Factory Performance Kits, 2004 Civic Si". And then tell him you want a discount on it for having to find the information for him.:confused: ;) :D

I hate stupid dealers that fail to give their customers information because they're too lazy to read the information given to them by Honda.:mad: My dealership is not like this. We go out of our way to make sure all of our customer's questions get answered, or if we can't answer it, we at least try to get them to someone who can.:cool: ;)

G-J
02-12-2004, 11:39 AM
I dont think the question was the parts being available... it was having the EP3 model with them on it stock becoming available. I think that since the EP has been out for a while now and with the aftermarket companies finally coming around - the stock on our cars have risen compared to when they first came out.

SHOREside
02-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Down here in San Diego <El Cajon> @Tipton Honda, they have a black one... Brand new sticker says 28k+, Looks freakin awsome! Thats alot of money to spend on suspension, body kit + wing and wheels. Perhaps with 200hp it would make a good deal.....
HEY what the hell is up with the 5 lug wheels on all of the new Si's? That kinda pisses me off:mad: . Oh yeah, what everyone think of the new headlights? They king look funny, but good with the HFP... I donno... Im still mad about the lugs <its the little things in life>.

I was checking with the Guy at the parts counter <after about 10min's of research> He quoted me about $2,200 for all of the body parts for the HFP, including the wing. I didnt even ask about the 17"wheels <cuz they DONT FIT!>, looks like they may be able to order them individually!

Peace!

Mugen Power
02-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SHOREside
I donno... Im still mad about the lugs <its the little things in life>.

It's not even a little thing. Wheel and size choices are so much better with 5 lugs than it is with 4.

G-J
02-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Wonder how much it would cost to talk a Honda Tech to accidentally install a 5 lug on a 02-03?:D