PDA

View Full Version : best CTR wing with out mods

the JigGa mAn
02-11-2004, 01:49 PM
who makes the best CTR(rep) wing that can just be put on with out doing any mods? i dont feel like buying a wing that has to be modded and then fucked up my yours truely

skooba
02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
well from what i've seen, spoilerdepot is the easiest way to go, it comes painted. but the fitment isn't always perfect. most people from renova seem to be happy with their wing, but you have to get it painted, which can be a plus or a minus, depending on who you know. but at least you know the wing will be the exact color.

Civicvtec1ps
02-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Revona or Spoilerdepot.

the JigGa mAn
02-11-2004, 03:04 PM
ok thanx...for the info

Gs02SiR
02-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Buy from a Canadian Honda dealer, and get the GFX wing (Type R wing). It looks great and install is simple. Comes painted. Cost $500 Cdn.

Getting one is the hard part. Sorry.

shimmy_yaz
02-11-2004, 06:57 PM
i will let you know how my spoilerdepot wing is when i get it on friday.

!@#$%
02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
i will let you know how my spoilerdepot wing is when i get it on friday.

Definitely because I could use a few more reviews before I order one in a couple months.

LHD_EP3
02-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Renova on Ebay, thats where I got mine. No modification needed, I'm half retarded and I had no problems installing it.

the JigGa mAn
02-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Gs02SiR
Buy from a Canadian Honda dealer, and get the GFX wing (Type R wing). It looks great and install is simple. Comes painted. Cost $500 Cdn.

Getting one is the hard part. Sorry.

i like what you said...how many us bux would that be? and how much do you think it would cost to ship it to me?

Brettnyt
02-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Ive got the spoiler depot wing. Came painted, good paint. Fittament could be a bit better, but it still looks damn good... All in all, I would say a great buy.

shimmy_yaz
02-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Well I recieved my wing today and lets just say I ain't in a good mood. The box it came in was in perfect shape so I know UPS didn't beat the shit out of it but i open it up and pull the wing out the first thing i see is the foam they have it wrapped in is rubbed away on the one corner and the paint is gone. I was like wtf but then i realized it was the back corner and you might not be able to see it so it might be ok. Then of course i start inspecting it carefully only to find the front corner on that side is the same way. Dammit I so wanted to have my wing on too. I called spoilerdepot and they are goona have UPS stop by and pick it back up and then ship me a new one so hopefully the new one is ok. They seem pretty good as far as customer care and i think it was just wasnt packeged tiht enough and rubbed on the box during shipping. Oh well I guess I will let everyone know how I make out when I get the new one.

shimmy_yaz
02-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Back Side
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/civicsi/DSC00032.JPG

Front Side
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/civicsi/DSC00038.JPG

VIPER03SI
02-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Hey I saw that people are looking for the CTR wing. I can order the spoiler out of the HFP kit in March. I also have one in stock now it was for another member but have not heard from them, it is white!! 400 shipped. PM me if interested.

Mike

Gs02SiR
02-14-2004, 10:27 AM
It would be about $380 US. That comes painted with all necessary stuff for the install. No modification needed, only drill one hole to accomodate the brake light assembly.

I have no clue about shipping, I have never sent a package this large.

Here is a pic...

How much was your spoiler depot wing? I guess it comes down to how much "extra" your willing to pay, to get a OEM part.

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/F3/5A/29778675-795b-02000180-.jpg

I cant wait to install this thing. Just waiting for some warmer weather.

chubbychu
02-15-2004, 01:39 AM
there have been plenty debate on renova vs spoiler depot. depeding on how much you can get a renova painted for, its a better deal.

My renova spoiler is maybe a millimeter off and the fit isnt exactly perfect, but its pretty darn close.