PDA

View Full Version : new member saying hi

90LudeSiALB
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
hey, my name is Ray, im from NE ohio, i have a 1990 Prelude Si ALB(ABS, not 4WS)with 82K miles. no mods to it except wheels. i am a 100percent Honda lover, i like nissans too, but just skylines and 98-up 240sx and silvias. after winter i will be getting a new car(keeping my lude) and searched around for a long time and decided on a 2002-up white or blue civic si. i have found a couple on autotrader between 11500 to 16K, they had between 8-20k miles on em. i was wondering what are all the differences between the 2002's and the 03-04 civics? and one more thing that is bugging me, what is EP, its probably something easy but im retarded lol. i read these forums for hours and hours the last couple of nights and found a lot of useful information, you guys are very mature unlike other sites. this site and PreludePower.com(my other home) has some very cool people on it. well i just wanted to introduce myself and hope to be able to share my Civic Si with you guys after winter. thanks
Ray

the JigGa mAn
02-11-2004, 02:50 PM
welcome..hope to see your si soon

Civicvtec1ps
02-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Welcome to Ephatch.

STP03BlueSI
02-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Welcome

skooba
02-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi and welcome.

EP3 is the chasis code for the 2002 and up Civic SI. It is found in the VIN number on all civics.

As for price range, buy a new one. You can pick one up for around $14k brand new, just find the right dealer, some people have gotten them even lower.

Fast02
02-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Welcome to Ephatch, Ray!! You're gonna love the EP3! It's a lot of fun to drive:cool:

90LudeSiALB
02-11-2004, 03:22 PM
thanks for all the welcomes. i cant see how you can get a new one for 14k, i looked around and they all had them for 19K brand new, should i go to the dealer and see if they have any deals? but i cant see deals as good as 5K off, but ill go and look around at the automile(a strip of car dealers)to see. does the 03 have the same tailights as the 02, i know the 04's have the orange and silver taillights.

Peking
02-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 90LudeSiALB
hey, my name is Ray, im from NE ohio, i have a 1990 Prelude Si ALB(ABS, not 4WS)with 82K miles. no mods to it except wheels. i am a 100percent Honda lover, i like nissans too, but just skylines and 98-up 240sx and silvias. after winter i will be getting a new car(keeping my lude) and searched around for a long time and decided on a 2002-up white or blue civic si. i have found a couple on autotrader between 11500 to 16K, they had between 8-20k miles on em. i was wondering what are all the differences between the 2002's and the 03-04 civics? and one more thing that is bugging me, what is EP, its probably something easy but im retarded lol. i read these forums for hours and hours the last couple of nights and found a lot of useful information, you guys are very mature unlike other sites. this site and PreludePower.com(my other home) has some very cool people on it. well i just wanted to introduce myself and hope to be able to share my Civic Si with you guys after winter. thanks
Ray

Old member saying Hi :D Welcome to the site Ray. You will be very happy with a White or Blue EP3. Maybe you should focus on a brand new SI, prices will be great when you are ready to buy. For the most part we are pretty mature, though we do like to have our fun. So don't take anything here personaly, search before asking, and you will get along with us quite well :)

Jon

ULTRAMANIA
02-11-2004, 03:31 PM
welcome man.. good to have ya on ephatch.

90LudeSiALB
02-11-2004, 03:36 PM
thanks, maybe the dealers will have the 03's discounted so they have room for the 04's or something. BTW why cant i get my pic to work. and i know about searching before asking. i know the moderator from preludepower, and i can see how frusterating it is when people post things that have been covered millions of times, you dont have to worry about that with me. i dont mind cussing very much, it just sites like cardomain and other club/forum sites where people are immature, it unbelievable the kind of things people say on cardomain(i dont have my car on it btw), they are so disrespectful to other peoples things, and the honda haters, i wont even start with them.

skooba
02-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Well just think about it. There are still 2002s on the lot that are BRAND NEW. They have been sitting there for a very long time and all of the dealers know that they aren't selling well. They will be very eager to get it off of there lot, because all it is doing now is taking up space. Just go talk to a few, mention that it is a 2002, or if you're going for a blue one, that it is a 2003, and that there are newer models out for the same price. They'll go down. If they don't, simply walk out the door. If they want the sale, then they will lower the price, just remember that there are plenty of dealers that are willing to sell you a car for a price that YOU are willing to pay.

golferjn
02-11-2004, 11:52 PM
welcome and hello :)

Vertigo
02-11-2004, 11:58 PM
SALUTE!! (Hee-Haw) *spits chew* Howdy-doo!

Peking- your not old. Your younger than me.:)

Peking
02-12-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
SALUTE!! (Hee-Haw) *spits chew* Howdy-doo!

Peking- your not old. Your younger than me.:)

True, what six years :)

tbone_ep3
02-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Ep3, it's the chassis code for the 02-04 civic si and Civic Type R.

Btrthnezr3
02-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Hey man...welcome!
Just to let you know, I got my Si last November for 16.5K with very little negotiation. Just tell them you know they aren't selling well...also, in negotiating...I found it helpful at the end if you tell them that you are a member of this site and you will tell everyone where you bought your car from...also, tell them you will give them all 5's on their survey. But if they don't wnat to give you the deal you want...walk away. There are plenty of dealers with left over 03's on the lot. They may say "Clearance 17,333" but it's B.S...I got my car for well under that...no problem! Good Luck man!