PDA

View Full Version : front sidemarkers?

RedLight_Si
02-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I feel kinda stupid asking this question but do the front orange sidemarkers light up or are they just reflectors? I just got done replacing my second blow bulb in the rear sidemarkers(they dont seem to last very long,anyone else have this problem?)and second broken rear sidemarker(cheap plastic clip) and was just curious as to what the front sidemarkers function was because they dont light up and Im not sure they ever did.

shimmy_yaz
02-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Yes they light up for your turn signal

RedLight_Si
02-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Then mine dont work.Maybe this is why my rear sidemarkers keep blowing out? I guess this is another problem Im gonna bring to Honda that they arent going to fix.:(

shimmy_yaz
02-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah I would bitch about that for sure especially since you are having problems with the rear.

civicSIracer
02-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
Yes they light up for your turn signal

no they dont.
they light up with the parking lights. both front and rear.

skooba
02-11-2004, 05:44 PM
actually, when you turn on your parking lights, or headlights, they light up and stay lit. Mine are usually on 100% of the time of my driving, and i have 25k miles and have yet to have one blow out. You should check with the dealer and see if they can replace the wiring in there, because having gone through 2 bulbs already doesn't sound normal...

shimmy_yaz
02-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
no they dont.
they light up with the parking lights. both front and rear.

my bad i could have sworn they worked with the turn signals but then again i am never outside my car when they are on so.......

RedLight_Si
02-11-2004, 11:13 PM
thanks everyone.

skoundrelusa
08-04-2008, 06:37 AM
sorry for bumping an old thread, but its bascially the same question.

I checked my fronts, and there seems to be no wiring to the front sidemakers...
I thought they didn't light up because the rears don't like up either.

Elise98
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
All four(the 2 fronts and 2 rears) light up when your headlights are on. There is wiring going to them, maybe yours fell down behind the splash guard, look again.