PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Racing Super Charger

AllMtrSi
02-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to install an intercooler and blow off valve with the Jackson racing Super Charger?

Tenacious G
02-12-2004, 10:35 AM
for someone who calls themself "AllMtrSi" you sure are interested in boost. :D

sorry man, i had to give you some flack for that one.

a.) you don't need a BOV on a supercharger because it only provides boost when you're on the gas. so no extra boost is built up ... therefore doesn't need to be released.

b.) there is no intercooler system with the JRSC. there is (or was in the past) an water mist spray that would spray into the intake that would help cool the charge of air going into the cylinder and helping prevent detonation.

sounds like what you really want is a turbo ... or a JRSC that looks/sounds like a turbo.

Vierge99
02-12-2004, 12:32 PM
The only thing that could be done other then what has been mentioned is to strap an NX N-tercooler onto the actual supercharger manifold. It's a metal loop that usually attaches to the front of a turbo intercooler and keeps things cool by running nitrous oxide through the metal loop. But it requires an N2O setup basically and is quite expensive.

The only other thing I could think of for a supercharger like the JR one is having a pre-cooler. It would lower the temperature of the air being crammed into the supercharger unit before being shoved into the engine. Yeah the charger heats up the air but if you feed it cooler air then the correspdoning charge going into the block will be cooler too. That's just theory of course but it sounds logical. You could install a turbo intercooler and have some custom piping made. Where the intake in the engine bay would feed one side of the intercooler and the other side of the intercooler would feed the charger. You would most likely have to relocate your battery to the trunk for this.

That's my $.02

STP03BlueSI
02-12-2004, 01:50 PM
That would be sick...JRSC with a HKS SSQ BOV:eek:

denmah
02-22-2004, 09:10 PM
you can install a blow off valve on a supercharger.
just not a roots blower.

my friend has a turboxs type S blow off on his 89 mustang with a centerfugal supercharger. its neat because unlike a turbo when you let of the gas and it PSSST lets out he boost its gone, if you take his car into boost and get off the gas in gear it constantly lets off out the blow off because the supercharger is belt drivent and as long as your off idle its creating boost and pushing it out the blow off.

chet
02-22-2004, 09:42 PM
I thought they stopped production on the JRSC for now due to a problem they were having?? It would be very nice if Vortec would just give in and manufacture a kit for the EP

denmah
02-22-2004, 11:35 PM
jackson racings website has a bigger section than ever for the EP SC

Vierge99
02-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Check back at Jackson's site. They've continued the sale of ALL their superchargers including the EP charger. It's still sitting at $2,595.00 which is a good price for an extra 40 HP.

Peking
02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by chet
I thought they stopped production on the JRSC for now due to a problem they were having?? It would be very nice if Vortec would just give in and manufacture a kit for the EP

Who said they stopped production? Damn rumors :D It would be nice if Vortec caved in and designed one, more competition for the market :)