PDA

View Full Version : how much psi can you run on stock internals?? greddy kit

weltall
02-11-2004, 11:08 PM
it the full greddy kit ie intercoller injectors emanage profec eo1 boost controller this is just a ? before i start messing with settings on the boost controller this damn thing has so much stuff im over whelmed with the things i can do

i could use some tips from some one with these same settings:confused:

Vertigo
02-11-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm sure you could run 10-12 lbs for a while. It may not stay together long with any higher boost. For a daily driven car, 8 lbs is enuff.

ep_nezay
02-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Id say safely, 8.5 lbs of boost.
The problems will be getting it tuned with out any detonation.
12lbs of boost is out of the question with 440cc injectors and stock fuel pump.

EDITED- because the question was so broad.

beansbear
02-12-2004, 02:03 PM
im running .6 which is 8.7lbs of boost. I wouldnt go higher than that. Im only boosting that high because i havent gotten my boost controller yet.

10-12 is nuts!... something bad is gonna happen....

JRSC_EP3
02-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Talking with my mechanic at Honda, he said that you can run 8 psi safely, anything about that is up to you. I run 6 psi on my EP with the JRSC. I'm going to increase compression and probably bring up the boost to 7 psi, but that's it to be safe.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by JRSC_EP3
Talking with my mechanic at Honda, he said that you can run 8 psi safely, anything about that is up to you. I run 6 psi on my EP with the JRSC. I'm going to increase compression and probably bring up the boost to 7 psi, but that's it to be safe.

You're going to INCREASE compression? uhhhhh...why?

sniperSI
02-15-2004, 01:12 PM
if memory servers; wasnt CN running their stock Si up to 12psi, oh n/m they upgrade the fuel pump and injectors.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Nobody can answer this question accurately because it all depends on what else you plan to add and how much tuning you're willing to pay for.

For instance, I had a 96 Civic EX w/ 1.6L SOHC VTEC and ran a GReddy turbo kit at 14 psi daily for 45,000 miles and didn't have any problems. Yes, stock internals... But I lowered my compression w/ a thicker headgasket, installed a block guard, upgraded my fuel/ignition system and spent alot of dough on dyno tuning.

Boost Junkie
02-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI
if memory servers; wasnt CN running their stock Si up to 12psi, oh n/m they upgrade the fuel pump and injectors.

Yes we have run our Si at 12psi with larger injectors. But, we are still using the stock fuel pump. The only mod to the fuel system is the injectors.

To be on the safe side however I would recommend 7 to 9 psi.

swampdonkey
02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
yeah you definately don't want to increase compression with turbo. Essentially you might as well turn up the boost. Preasure created by boost is not as great as presure created by raisign compression so upping your compression is really a stupid thing to do with a turbo car. In fact you could lower your compression and be better off. I think you could run 10lbs if you wanted. I would stick to 8 though and maybe 6 for most of the time. just crank it up to 8 at the track or for a bout of spirited driving. 10lbs with an intercooler of coarse.

tekgnosis
02-26-2004, 09:42 AM
hey

sorry to dig this up a again...but.

I was planning on running 8psi of boost on my custom turbo kit. It will be intercooled.

will 8psi be safe for the internals? I drive 100km's a day, or 60miles (rough).

I need the pressure to be fun enough, but not spastic so that it will blow my engine. I compete in solo2 avidly, and solo1 occasionally. Will 8psi be safe for a daily driver on stock internals, but upgraded injectors and an intercooler?

(I don't consider injectors internal) :)

Edit: oh yeah, my main goal is NOT maximum horsepower, but to spool up quickly and get maximum boost down low. I'm only aiming for around the 200WHP mark, nothing fancy.

weltall
02-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by tekgnosis
hey

sorry to dig this up a again...but.

I was planning on running 8psi of boost on my custom turbo kit. It will be intercooled.

will 8psi be safe for the internals? I drive 100km's a day, or 60miles (rough).

I need the pressure to be fun enough, but not spastic so that it will blow my engine. I compete in solo2 avidly, and solo1 occasionally. Will 8psi be safe for a daily driver on stock internals, but upgraded injectors and an intercooler?

(I don't consider injectors internal) :)

Edit: oh yeah, my main goal is NOT maximum horsepower, but to spool up quickly and get maximum boost down low. I'm only aiming for around the 200WHP mark, nothing fancy.

8psi is safe