PDA

View Full Version : CTR springs/shocks - will it fit in the EP???

graham
02-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Hello,

Anyone know if I will have any fitment issues with CTR (UK) springs/shocks?

I'm buying my EP a birthday present :)

Graham

jaydub
02-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I'm thinking the CTR suspension might be closer to the RSX, because it IS five lug. I honestly couldn't tell you though, and I'm just thinking out loud. Either way, the differences wouldn't be major, but whether it's a simple drop-in or not, I'm not sure.

graham
02-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I'm thinking the CTR suspension might be closer to the RSX, because it IS five lug. I honestly couldn't tell you though, and I'm just thinking out loud. Either way, the differences wouldn't be major, but whether it's a simple drop-in or not, I'm not sure.

Hmmm ... good point. Does that mean for people who do the 5 lug conversion, they have to get different struts/springs?

jaydub
02-12-2004, 09:35 AM
honestly I don't know. I know there have been a few people who did 5 lug conversions, maybe ask them. RacerDre is one person I know who has done it.

KeNnYtAkEr
02-12-2004, 10:20 AM
If u can wait get the 04 Sir that way it should fit the CTR set up cus it's 5bolt also. :D

graham
02-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
If u can wait get the 04 Sir that way it should fit the CTR set up cus it's 5bolt also. :D

Nahhh ... I like my '02 ... it's paid for :)

I was looking at the k-series write up for the 5-lug conversion ... it doesn't mention anything about needing to change the suspension ...

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=5_LUG_CONV

the JigGa mAn
02-12-2004, 01:17 PM
just wondering why you would wanna do a CTR suspension set up when for prolly the same price you can get something "better"?

tony speed
02-12-2004, 01:51 PM
they should fit. it has nothing to do with lugs. the tein flex coilovers are made for the CTR and they fit fine.

graham
02-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by tony speed
they should fit. it has nothing to do with lugs. the tein flex coilovers are made for the CTR and they fit fine.

Cool - thanks ... just want to be sure before I spend my $$$

Anyone else know for sure???

SpoonEP3
02-12-2004, 02:29 PM
you don't have to have a 5-lug converted to our 02 ep to put on the ctr shocks/ springs.... i have the ctr shocks but i did not convert it to 5-lug....

graham
02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEP3
you don't have to have a 5-lug converted to our 02 ep to put on the ctr shocks/ springs.... i have the ctr shocks but i did not convert it to 5-lug....

Awesome news.

Thanks,
Graham

graham
02-12-2004, 10:39 PM
I'd just like to thank cpu519 & SpoonEP3 for helping me confirm that the CTR springs/shocks *should* be bolt on ... no surprises ... but we'll see.

Also - the shocks are in fact stiffer, unlike some literature I've read.

They will take about a month to get here, because I was forced to take the _slowest_ shipping route possible ... but the wait should be worth it. Combine these with a CTR sway bar and I'll be all set :)

I'll let you guys know when they're in! I don't think this has been done by anyone on this board, so I guess this makes me the guinea pig :)

Graham