PDA

View Full Version : fitting bc side skirts

downhil
02-12-2004, 12:46 PM
what has to be done to the bc side skirts to make them fit good. i picked up the replica skirts from eggsi (thanks) and i think they are the showstoppers fiberglass ones.

anyone put theirs on before? or did you guys just get them installed?

eggsi
02-12-2004, 10:09 PM
since i never took them to shop they couldn't tell me anything specific but ask Rocky for SS he's great at customer service, since its still their product im sure he will help you out.:angel:

ep3hatchattack
02-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Not to be a dick, but as you know i was suppose to get them on my car, and i bought them from Rocky @ SSUSA, and bottom line, they fit like SHIT. They couldnt even put them on, and the shop is a very qualified place.... Where the mold should go in to fit the car, it goes out, huge gap, not to mention the shitty length.... Sorry to bum you out, i wanted em too... Now im gonna get the WW sides, they look GREAT in person..... thanks, dave

downhil
02-13-2004, 09:49 AM
i test fit mine and they fit fine lengthwise. on the part that flares up near the rear wheel well, it doesnt follow the contour and needs to be shaved. and im not sure if the lip under the door fits over the door sill or not. otherwise they fit really nice.

BISDAK-R
02-14-2004, 01:45 AM
well most if these kits probably came from VIS thats where mine came from and yup that side needs to be shaved its what I did with mine and you will need to either srew or use double sided tape to keep those skirts well fitted under the door if not they will flap like wings:) out of my BC kit i got rid of the front and rear already:( very sad product the replica that is, If i were you i would go for something thats urethane or ABs plastic its well worth the money.

downhil
02-14-2004, 09:22 AM
what kind of tools did you use? im planning on just using a dremel to shape that crease that runs along the bottom of the car that isnt on the skirts and maybe a saw of some sort to shave that 1/8 inch off the big part in the back where the double sided tape sticks.

BISDAK-R
02-14-2004, 02:37 PM
yup I used dremel and double sided tape make sure that when your done the sides are fully secure with two screws on each side cuz if not you're gona end up with cracks on the corners. good luck

downhil
02-14-2004, 04:32 PM
making a trip to austin anytime soon?;)