PDA

View Full Version : EX Owners Hatin'

Vierge99
02-12-2004, 01:08 PM
I just snapped over to www.7thgencivic.com to find out if anyone there was posting about a JRSC in an EP. There are only like three threads here of people who actually have supercharged EP's. Anyways... I started reading and about 90% of their posts are about EX owners smoking EP owners in street races. That either means bad drivers in the EP, people lying in their posts, or some bad conditions.

I don't care what the weight difference is, if you put two on-par professional drivers in those cars, the EP would most surely win even in stock form. Right? Or is there something I don't know about the EX?

Btrthnezr3
02-12-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm gonna check it out ...the threads I mean...but as far as I know or am concerned, stock for stock the EP will beat the EX easily...and even with mods, it'd take alot for the EX to keep up. Not to say anything bad about the EX...cuz I think the 04's are freaking fine...but I don't wanna see people dissing on other's cars...especially when it's not exactly right!

Mugen Power
02-12-2004, 01:19 PM
HA. This 7th gen EX tried to take me after getting the jump on me and I still got him starting off at low RPM in 3rd or 4th (forgot which one). And the stupid thing was that I wasn't even looking for trouble. :rolleyes:

SiR_d1
02-12-2004, 01:19 PM
everytime I read a post where an EP loses to an EX I always get that shocked feeling where I think the EP driver must be a real shitty one losing to a 115HP car, only till I realize you call your EX's are our Si's.

Some EP drivers on this site have openly admitted to losing to EX's on the road, but that doesn't shit to me, EP are still faster. They just need proper drivers

the JigGa mAn
02-12-2004, 01:24 PM
i have never lost to a stock ex new or old...there is a girl down the street from me with a 97 EX with CAI and she thinks shes all that..when i ran her i smoked the shit outta her (shes my best friends ex..there fore no mercy)

Mugen Power
02-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
(shes my best friends ex..there fore no mercy)

Haha, no mercy from me, PERIOD.

Zero Three Si
02-12-2004, 01:36 PM
I was taunting this EX the other day. Revvin my engine on him, flashing my hazards at him, giving him hard looks, etc. and he still wouldn't run me.

He had a body kit on it, blue lights, and a sticker of his car club. Finally at a light i pulled up next to him and rolled down my window.

I'm like what's up playa... you wanna run...

He's like "no way am I racing you....you'll kill me".:D

fishboy
02-12-2004, 01:41 PM
this thread reminds me of the other day. i was on the freeway driving to work, minding my own business, when a shit yellow 7thgen "blows" past me. i don't race on the freeway, too many things can go horribly wrong. so i'm cruising minding my own business, 80 mph in the fast lane. i can see this guy in the right lane weaving in and out of lanes, like trying to "race" me or something. of course dumbass got stuck behind some cars, like what happens to me when i try and "race" my girlfriend on the freeway. so i laughed and kept on my way. after a mile or so i see him coming up behind me trying to catch up so i figure, "why the hell not?" i punch it in 5th!!!! buahahaha and i pull away from his sorry ass. i still think i wasn't street racing because i drive pretty fast on the freeway normally anyway. i just think it's funny when you are minding your own business and people think you are "racing" them. who races at 80 mph??? like some dumbass in a tahoe this morning too. sd drivers are stupid.

maybe these 7thgeners claiming they won, were "racing" people that weren't even aware there was a race. :D

fishboy
02-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I was taunting this EX the other day. Revvin my engine on him, flashing my hazards at him, giving him hard looks, etc. and he still wouldn't run me.

He had a body kit on it, blue lights, and a sticker of his car club. Finally at a light i pulled up next to him and rolled down my window.

I'm like what's up playa... you wanna run...

He's like "no way am I racing you....you'll kill me".:D

you're such a dork, dude. :D leave the poor ricers alone! sheesh

Btrthnezr3
02-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Way to go Zero!! :D
That's good clean fun!
Too bad I haven't had a chance to line up with anyone...much less an EX.
No one wants to race the ep :(

Dunrick
02-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

I don't blame him. You were being a total idiot. Bring on the flames.

itwasfate02si
02-12-2004, 02:08 PM
I've had people think they were racing me, when really I was just trying to get my ass to work.

Maybe they can't take the hint when they rev their engine and i just roll up my window.

Sarah

Civicvtec1ps
02-12-2004, 02:23 PM
7thgen + SF turbo is god.
My friend ran 13.6 at 9psi.
19" wheels on rear.
stock Ep should be able to take stock ex. But it will be close.
Don't go to 7thgen and start any fight ;)

l33t
02-12-2004, 02:32 PM
heh sf turbo on our car is a hell of alot better

savesteve
02-12-2004, 02:35 PM
I think I've taken about 5 EX's so far with no problems.

EP > EX :).

Civicvtec1ps
02-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by l33t
heh sf turbo on our car is a hell of alot better
It's not out yet.

SiGuy
02-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I raced a 7th gen ex in my other ep w/ cai and 4 to 1 header, obviously it was ugly. I raced a 6th gen today with cai and cat back or just a fart pipe, not sure which. My new ep is bone stock with only 900 miles, not even broken in good yet. Played with him through first, left his ass in second. But really, I sell Honda's and drive different ones everyday, there is no comparison between a ex and a ep. We have 32 more horsepower and gobs more torque. Not to mention a better tranny. The ex's are great cars and fairly quick, but one would need a lot of mods to beat a ep.

!@#$%
02-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
Way to go Zero!! :D
That's good clean fun!

The closest I've come to racing an ex was an ex body with gsr motor. Even then we were dead even. (track)

SilverEpInDc
02-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Ex's Suck! I hate on those all the time they ahave nothing on us

*Si GURL*
02-12-2004, 04:00 PM
i used to have an 01 EX and i beat an EP with it!! :tongue: hehehe but that was only cuz the guy drivin fucked up when he went to shift...:smilem:

4g63dsm
02-12-2004, 04:01 PM
EXs are all talk. A while ago there was a major debate on 7thgencivic and at the end of it i offered a challenge to any N/A EM2 in the seattle area and nobody has responded.

!@#$%
02-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
EXs are all talk. A while ago there was a major debate on 7thgencivic and at the end of it i offered a challenge to any N/A EM2 in the seattle area and nobody has responded.

yeah, i posted last summer the same thing. I offered for anyone in the dfw area to head out to the 1/4 mile and run me. I didn't see one 7th gen that whole night.

fsugatorbait
02-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3

I couldnt agree more. My boys always come back with all these kill stories, or the races they've had with other cars, but I very rarely ever get anyone to go with me. Its frustrating to say the least.

03SiBlack
02-12-2004, 04:37 PM
i actully raced an ex the other day its my friends sisters. Hers is stock my car has cai my friend was driving it he got a start before me because i wasnt paying attention, through first he was ahead then i hit second and bye bye ex totally passed him and cut in front of him. I dont understand how an ex can beat an si unless it has turbo and alot of mods.

k20hatch
02-12-2004, 06:48 PM
No prob with a ex here....But there is a greddy turbo charged one where i live, hes a buddy of mine and he likes to mess around with me, My little ep next to his goes tuga tuga tuga while his goes chuuu chuuuuuuuu!! But ya to keep on topic, never had a problem other than the turbo one..

SinisterCivicSi
02-12-2004, 06:56 PM
i have had one 02 ex try me...i was on the beltway minding my own business...this is when i hadnt had my car long. all i had was an intake. he had one to i assume cause he had the aem plate border. i passed him (cause he was going slow for no reason) and then he gets behind me right on my bumper...so i said "why not" and put her in 4th and rolled out. he tried his damnest to keep up. when he finally did catch up his girlfriend was laughing and he looked at me all pissed off. tried me again...and again i embarrassed him. this time i rolled my window down to make sure he saw that it was a chick that beat him. it was pretty funny. if an ex can beat an si...then the si driver cant drive. that is..if they are evenly matched in mods.

phatfreeza
02-12-2004, 10:46 PM
the sad thing is the ex retails close to $17k ... we can get an ep for about the same price... but then again... its a taste issue... not everyone likes the hatchy... but yeah... we better be quicker! we're top of the line baby!

Sb00
02-12-2004, 11:16 PM
i was helping my girlfriend move to her new condo tonight and i had ALL of her clothes in my hatch, with the seats down as well as clothes on the passenger seat and the floor of the passenger side... (what's up with women and clothes anyways?!?!?!) so i have all these clothes piled up in my car to about shoulder level all thru the car

EX or lx pulls up next to me at a light, fart can, underglow, wayy too much bass. rev's at me, light goes green and just left him, at least 1 car length by the top of 2nd pulls up at the next light and doesn't even look over.

if you lose to an ex/lx.,..... you suck :)

phatfreeza
02-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Sb00
i was helping my girlfriend move to her new condo tonight and i had ALL of her clothes in my hatch, with the seats down as well as clothes on the passenger seat and the floor of the passenger side... (what's up with women and clothes anyways?!?!?!) so i have all these clothes piled up in my car to about shoulder level all thru the car

EX or lx pulls up next to me at a light, fart can, underglow, wayy too much bass. rev's at me, light goes green and just left him, at least 1 car length by the top of 2nd pulls up at the next light and doesn't even look over.

if you lose to an ex/lx.,..... you suck :)

eh clothes don't weigh much... you suck sb00... i only say that cuz you beat me to the dc5-r sidemarkers!!! :mad: hehehe... but anyways... i gotta find me an ex to race...

bao_pay
02-13-2004, 12:31 AM
I haven't raced an ex but I raced my friends ML 500. Damn that SUV is mad quick. The first light I didn't know he was gonna take off so I was really far behind. We pull up to the next light and then we gun it... We were pretty evenly matched once I was in second his rear bumper lined up with the front of my bumper. Once we hit fourth it was over tho, he was gone! I was really pushing my car too, chirped in 1st-3rd gear. Afterwards my buddy told me he was in triptronic mode. Dunno if that makes him faster or slower...? In any case it was a good race... Just makes me wanna get a turbo/supercharger for times like that...

brendanSI
02-13-2004, 12:37 AM
I sold a 2001 Ex for my Si... NO COMPARISON. Si all the way. end.

phatfreeza
02-13-2004, 01:05 AM
you pay that much for an ML500... it better be quick!!! :)

4g63dsm
02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
ya my good friend has a 2002 ex with intake/exhaust and a gutted interior and i still beat him. haha:D

BlairSpeed
02-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Well, I think its a fact now:

Si's are faster then an Ex.

Thread is done! :banana:

Mugen Power
02-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Heh, I don't even know why this should even be discussed. It's a no brainer. :tongue:

Dunrick
02-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Heh, I don't even know why this should even be discussed. It's a no brainer. :tongue:

you couldn't have said it any better...seriously..

ep3guy
02-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
stock Ep should be able to take stock ex. But it will be close.
Don't go to 7thgen and start any fight ;)

Not even clost at all... I toyed with them when I was NA. SoCal has a buncha these cars. I really don't get how you can lose to an EX, even if you're a bad driver. I bet the EP's arent even trying when theyre "racing". Just punch it in the right gear and youll fly past them while their intake is roaring along with their fart cans.

My cousin in a integ (DA) with bolt ons could beat my EP. I said no way in hell. I smoked him bad, and that was when I had i/h/midpipe+hondata. Then when my car was back to stock right before my car was boosted. We went at it again and I still beat him. Before that he said he swore he beat an EP that was bone stock.

Then I had my other cousins 03 EX to run the integra. The 03 EX was no match even for that integra...

People over at 7thgen are a bunch of ricey losers. :p

Sorry for the hate, but the SoCal 7thgens are idiots.

Mugen Power
02-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by ep3guy
Before that he said he swore he beat an EP that was bone stock.

Maybe he was racing a Focus. :banana:

!@#$%
02-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Maybe he was racing a Focus. :banana:

or a suzuki aerio sx! :confused:

potator
02-13-2004, 04:43 PM
LOL. That 7thgencivic.com site is a joke. Too many EP haters there just jealous they don't have what we got. And about them beating us in races? Most of it is probably BS - just like any other car forum, but they probably do more of it to try to satisfy their jealousy a bit. It's not our fault that they spend tons of money on I/H/E + more just to see 1 hp gain. :eek: :D

GODZILLA
02-14-2004, 12:38 PM
ex's(extra lethargic), decent grocery getters though.:D

redronin22
02-14-2004, 01:34 PM
they get nice gas mileage =-)

2k2SiAutoXer
02-14-2004, 02:57 PM
im surprised some of them have not startd posting yet

--Tom

DarkSiRacer
02-14-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm sure you all will understand my loss to an EX.... it had a freakin K20A.

I beat all types of EX's and its getting to the point were I gnore them and all of their hate and jealousy over the fact that they messed up and didn't buy an Si

tcostello3
02-14-2004, 03:21 PM
well first let me say that I have both models that you speak of in my garage now. so, as stock vehicles with a driver like me or better the Si will win everytime. As you get into mods I'm not qite sure what to say. I will be adding boost to my EX soon so I should be in the lead for a bit. I love driving both vehicles to their limits on a daily basis and I must say that they both have good and bad points. The EX is just plain SLOW especially with an extra 100-120lbs of i.c.e., but boy o' boy does it handle. Not as nimble and tight as the Si but a good solid feeling. The Si is a friggin' rocket! the only real problem with it is keeping power on the ground and it always feels a little heavy.

So for those of you who refuse to believe that you can be beat by an EX...I'll c-ya soon;)
& for those of you Si haters out there that think your Ex with IHE, Cams, plugs, nos, and lots'o stickers..will ever-ever beat an Si...I'll c-ya soon;)

ViNRoCk8
02-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by potator
LOL. That 7thgencivic.com site is a joke. Too many EP haters there just jealous they don't have what we got. And about them beating us in races? Most of it is probably BS - just like any other car forum, but they probably do more of it to try to satisfy their jealousy a bit. It's not our fault that they spend tons of money on I/H/E + more just to see 1 hp gain. :eek: :D

Well I don't think most of the people are EP haters they are just ignorant.

Its not about being jealous, I could have had an EP for the same price as my EX. I chose the EX cause i knew I would be swapping when I got the car (a2,a3). For me it was just a matter of which body style i like better. Of course it was coupe. Even tho the EP's interior owns, then again thats why I have EP interior in my EX:D

I don't hate on the EP, I actually like it, just not my style. My car is lighter and with some Ep's A3 in my car i will have the Si coupe honda shoulda made....ala 99-00

BTW I love how cheap the a3's are selling for. sooooo much cheaper than the a2's and JDM motor.

Please fellas keep swapping, Thank you:D

O yeah......an ep is faster than an ex....but thats a really stupid point, its supposed to be

Thats like saying "My GS-R will smoke your LS".....Um......its supposed to.

Also I think its really gay when someone trys to race a car that they know is slower than theirs. I think thats so gay. My friend used to be like that, and he always used to brag "I never lost a race". He had a GSX btw, and he would alway pick on HONDAS. Its like c'mon bro, your gonna beat 95% of the Hondas on the street (5% being heavily moddded). Then one day I made him race an M3 (new school) and damn did he get a reality check......lol

SinisterCivicSi
02-20-2004, 04:17 PM
speakin of ex's...i had one try me last night... 3 TIMES!

some punk in a gold 4 door (02 model i think) at a light, i was chillen, he floored it and spun out, i laughed and easily passed him. next light, he revved at me, then GRIT on my car...yeah he got dissed before leaving 2nd gear. THEN AGAIN! he wanted more....2 more lights down he gets behind me. i shifted normally thinkin he is done but NO! he wants to ride my ass so i took off again, he (needless to say) never caught up again...musta got caught at a light since he was about a half mile behind me. :rolleyes:

SSMep3
02-20-2004, 08:36 PM
ive owned both cars and the ex doesnt hold a candle to the Si.

EPHatchgirl
02-21-2004, 07:57 AM
OK, I had to chime in. My fiance beat a 7th gen IN HIS ELEMENT!!
I wonder who had the weight disadvantage....

ViNRoCk8
02-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
OK, I had to chime in. My fiance beat a 7th gen IN HIS ELEMENT!!
I wonder who had the weight disadvantage....

damn i find that hard to believe.......

not saying your lying but that ex had to be an auto and what was the element a stick or something.

and element has a watered down k20 160/160 and weighs 3500lbs.

the ex was prolly an auto with like 3 people in the car....

siver-SI
02-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by fishboy
maybe these 7thgeners claiming they won, were "racing" people that weren't even aware there was a race. :D

This I would lay a good bet on. I have had my doors blown off a few times because some one wants to race and I only do it on the track. I have pulled up to a light aftwards and they told me that they killed me, but every time I asked them to take it up to the track they just shut up.

Racing with a stock EP you do have to do it right though. With how much wheel hop we have you can get killed by a lot of cars because of no traction. You have to learn how to use the cluch and just not let off it hard.

SinisterCivicSi
02-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by ViNRoCk8
damn i find that hard to believe.......

not saying your lying but that ex had to be an auto and what was the element a stick or something.

and element has a watered down k20 160/160 and weighs 3500lbs.

the ex was prolly an auto with like 3 people in the car....

yeah please dont go there.... i happen to be good friends with hatchgirl and also with her man...he can drive his ASS off. and if hatchgirl said it, its true...she is not the type of person to make up shit just to say somethin like some others on this forum.
and no the ex didnt have to be an auto for him to win, i have seen this man drive before, very few people i know can drive like him. it has hardly anything to do with how fast or how heavy a car (or truck) is ...if you know how to drive it, you can beat alot more than you think. and more than likely that ex prolly only had the driver in the car. ;)

tcostello3
02-22-2004, 11:24 AM
....silliness...spend this time washing your car....you should be washing your car.....wuuusaaauuuu....

bao_pay
02-22-2004, 03:25 PM
I would be washing my car but its like negative-20 outside... wuuuuussssaaaaaaa....

priest6479
02-22-2004, 09:04 PM
OK guys here is how to win an argument.

Drive a friend you know that has driving skills and goto your friendly local honda dealership, ask them to test drive a nice EX.

Then have your buddy sorta tail you to a light, then drop the hammer when that light turns green, Do this a few times and lets see who wins overall. See if you can make the salesman shit his pants in a brand new car as well =)

Mugen Power
02-22-2004, 09:52 PM
And some poor soul is gonna end up buying that car your buddy was driving. :rolleyes:

priest6479
02-23-2004, 06:15 AM
Heh never said I did it, it was just an idea. I used to own an EX, no comparison Si would win hands down.

D16Y8_Turbo
02-23-2004, 12:47 PM
My '96 EX coupe ran 13.7's-13.8's on 9 lbs of boost. Did some tuning and other work on the car and with drag radials and 15 lbs of boost that car was a freak. I would guess that car would have been in mid to low 13's. After I sold the car, the new owner told me there was a crack all along the weld on the manifold (Venom Intake manifold). I wonder how much that was affecting the car? Either way, that car was fun.

The point is I cannot believe this is still an issue about the EP vs. 7th Gen EX's.

Dunrick
02-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ViNRoCk8
Well I don't think most of the people are EP haters they are just ignorant.

Its not about being jealous, I could have had an EP for the same price as my EX. I chose the EX cause i knew I would be swapping when I got the car (a2,a3). For me it was just a matter of which body style i like better. Of course it was coupe. Even tho the EP's interior owns, then again thats why I have EP interior in my EX:D

I don't hate on the EP, I actually like it, just not my style. My car is lighter and with some Ep's A3 in my car i will have the Si coupe honda shoulda made....ala 99-00

BTW I love how cheap the a3's are selling for. sooooo much cheaper than the a2's and JDM motor.

Please fellas keep swapping, Thank you:D

O yeah......an ep is faster than an ex....but thats a really stupid point, its supposed to be

Thats like saying "My GS-R will smoke your LS".....Um......its supposed to.

Also I think its really gay when someone trys to race a car that they know is slower than theirs. I think thats so gay. My friend used to be like that, and he always used to brag "I never lost a race". He had a GSX btw, and he would alway pick on HONDAS. Its like c'mon bro, your gonna beat 95% of the Hondas on the street (5% being heavily moddded). Then one day I made him race an M3 (new school) and damn did he get a reality check......lol

remember the ep is heavier because its chassis is much much stiffer. So for people like me who take turns when we race. It is a no brainer...for drag, your car is more ideal...with an engine swap of course.

SHAKEnBAKE
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
So for people like me who take turns when we race. It is a no brainer...

Amen, bring it down here on the canyons, beeeotch!!

BlasTech
02-23-2004, 09:19 PM
I dont like haters, but I dont under-estimate any driver.

Here's the list of cars (in order from 'barely behind me' to 'completely Pwn3d') that I defeated last Sunday in my EP (with free DIY power mods and expensive suspension) at autocross:

BMW 328i
Honda S2000
WRX STi
300zx
RX7
Corvette Z06
Scooby Rex
Cobra
Mazda Protege
S2000
1974 Volvo
Corvette Z06
CRX
Civic
2001 Nissan Sentra
Subaru WRX
'93 Prelude
'03 WRX
'94 RX-7
'73 BMW
'03 Hyundai Tuscani (tibi)
CRX
Acura Integra
94 Corvette
68 Mustang
Lexus IS300
Talon
MR2
'91 CRX
Subaru WRX
Mini Cooper S
'98 BMW M3
MR2 Spyder
'73 BMW
2003 Infiniti G35
Prelude
RX-8
Subaru WRX
BMW 330Ci
'92 MX3
'00 Si
CRX
Cobra Replica
Mazda Rx8
'98 SVT Contour
Volvo 740
Protgete ES
'99 Si
'03 Toyota Celica
Supra
Miata
'98 M3
WRX
Tiburon
'93 Civic
C5 Corvette
Subaru WRX
'01 Mirage
Subaru RS
Toyota MR2
VW Jetta
'01 Mirage
Nissan 240sx
Honda Civic
Nissan Altima
'90 Ford LTD
BMW 7 Series
Corolla
240SX
Infiniti G35
Integra
'97 Civic
oyota MR2
Integra

That's raw times, not PAX times.

12 of the drivers didnt list thier car, but you can see how high up the '74 Volvo is. Anything can happen.

Anyways, dont street race. Its bad. And drag racing unequal cars is a futile comparison of wasted income.

BlasTech
02-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Just to be fair, here are the cars that beat me, (in order from 'completely pwn3d me' to 'got slighlty lucky')

Honda Shifter Kart
Honda Shifter Kart
RF88
240Z
Corvette Z06
240Z
240Z
Corvette Z06
'04 Z06
01 Corvette Z06
Scirocco
Honda S2000 (Temple of Vtec's Tuan!)
MR2
Mazda Miata
'02 Z06
Subaru WRX
Corvette
Toyota Supra
89 Civic
Z06
2001 MR2 Spyder
03 WRX
BMW M3
S2000
Scooby Rex
Z28
Z28
Corvette '03
BMW M3
'93 Supra 50.082 0.032 6.566
Civic
Mini Cooper S
Corvette Z06
Sentra SE-R
99 Mustang Cobra
Dodge SRT-4
Z28 Camaro
Acura Integra
'00 Civic Si
Z06
VW GTI VR6
Datsun 240Z
Mazdaspeed Protege
'00 Miata
2003 Corvette Z06

Mugen Power
02-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the insight, BlasTech. Now can this PLEASE be the be-all and end-all for this topic. Street and drag racing is not what this car's meant for anyway.

yellerep3
02-24-2004, 12:48 AM
a light before a highway an ex pulled on me and i wasent even gonna go for it and i just sed f it and punched it,caught up from like 3 car lengths cut him off while getting on the highway and disapeared into darkness,after cruzin for a bit he caught up trynen ta smoke me a second time, and i did it again that was fun. I smoked another one on the highway, one in that yellow color similar to my euro yellow, and i have to admit, it looked good with a nice exaust, spoiler, and some kinda gunmetal rims, the only thing he had on me was he was cutting in and out of traffic, real tight, i used ta to this with my pass civics, but i fear crashing my ep and even go to great extrems not to at tymes, and then i made a bad move that made me look foolish by pulling inta the slow lane just to get held up by a slower car, while he pulls ahead swerving and squeezing himself inta the fast lane, so i sed fuck it,took it onto the emergency lane which was only a couple of feet, dropped it ta second and got crazy, pulled around the slow car and took off, after that he just backed off and started cruzin. see ya gotta get extreme sometimes, but i've done worst tho. oncoming (hint hint)

phatfreeza
02-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Just to be fair, here are the cars that beat me, (in order from 'completely pwn3d me' to 'got slighlty lucky')

Honda Shifter Kart
Honda Shifter Kart
RF88
240Z
2003 Corvette Z06

dang blastech... you must either a) spend a lot of time on the track or b) rev up on a lot of people...

SinisterCivicSi
02-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by yellerep3
so i sed fuck it,took it onto the emergency lane which was only a couple of feet, dropped it ta second and got crazy, pulled around the slow car and took off, after that he just backed off and started cruzin. see ya gotta get extreme sometimes, but i've done worst tho. oncoming (hint hint)

just curious, cause i am a lil confused at what you just said above...but how in the world can you be on a highway (i presume going 40+ mph) and be able to "drop it ta second" without totally red-lining? cause i know, if i am doing anything over like 30mph then try to put it into 2nd (did that foolishly when i was a new manual driver) i went nowhere fast.

fsugatorbait
02-25-2004, 07:04 AM
Im just guessing he has hondata; with it you top out at about 62 mph. HTH.

yellerep3
02-25-2004, 08:57 AM
nah i was doing like 50 mph in 3rd at a little over 4000 rpm, if you drop to second it brings you to a little over 6000rpm's and then i topped out in second and shifted back to 3rd. I went from the middle lane to the slow lane cause i didnt see the car that held me up, i thought the lane was open and started to lose speed. dont hold me accountable if you need to try this and you get a ticket.

oogy-boogy
02-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy
People over at 7thgen are a bunch of ricey losers. :p

Hehehee :D

SinisterCivicSi
02-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by yellerep3
dont hold me accountable if you need to try this and you get a ticket.

nah i would never need to do something like that so a ticket wouldnt be a worry for me, more like a new motor... i cant see dumping my car into 2nd doing 50mph but everyone's different. i can get plenty of jump from it by going into 3rd.

do ya thang man, i am not mad at cha...i was just curious