PDA

View Full Version : What the F* is wrong w/ my car??!!

aRz
02-12-2004, 11:47 PM
ok so i bought the type r wing off of ebay, i was lazy so i installed the wing but never connected the led. Well at a meet i met a couple ep'ers w/ the wing so i connected mine the same way they did.
After driving for about 30 mins i suddenly get the Battery light, a few seconds later i get the EPS (electronic power stearing)
I was like WTF!
i pulled over and find that i blew the altonator fuse...
so w/e i get my spair fuse push it in.. and everything is fine.

Well the next day the same shit happens again! i keep blowing the altonaor fuse. Everyone was telling me that the wires keep touching and that its sending a short circuit thoughout the car, well that makes sence but WRONG i sepperated the wires, happend again, disconnected the led light, happen agin, went back to the stock brake light, and once again i blew the same f*ing fuse.

ive come to the conclusion that the Wing's LED is not the problem, ive even switched from he stock 10' Fuse to 15 thinking maybe the led needs 15 instead of 10 but wrong again i blew that one also.

So now im stuck w/ the problem that i voided warrenty w/ pretty much everything ive done to the car. i/h/e Vafc 2 cat cut w/e

Im starting to think maybe it can be the vafc 2...?
i dunno, im going to wait to see what you guys can come up w/ b4 i turn my car back to stock and send it to honda... well i hope you guys reply and thanks for all he help.

Aarie.

ep3hatchattack
02-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Thats weird, i cant think of anything besides the fuses...

DyNastySi
02-13-2004, 07:00 AM
I dunno man. All I can say is recheck all your wiring again. Make sure you sauder(spelling) the wires instead of juss connected them with tape. I had a similar problem to where I connected my amp to a wire that was hot all the time. All I did was change the wire and change the blown fuse I had. Good luck with everything man.

K-Series
02-13-2004, 07:06 AM
I didn't solder my wires and have no problems with my fuses or anything else.

Who hooked up your VAFC2?

Steve

andy
02-13-2004, 07:17 AM
First, your warranty isn't "void". They can decline to fix your problem
for free (mainly because they will blame it on something you've done)
but you could still take it there and have them look at it for you,
if you can't figure it out.

When did this happened - after the wing/led install, or after something
else? If you disconnect the LED brake light, does the fuse still
blow? If not, then it's obviously not something else and is related
to that LED/brake light. (Wait, just reread it, that doesn't seem
to be the case.)

Sounds like something else is going on, I still think you have a
short but not sure where it would be. My best advice is to take it
to the dealer, see what they think or just keep rechecking all your
installs (VAFC2, especially) and verify that nothing is being
shorted out.

styllinep3
02-13-2004, 08:03 AM
u had to create a ground fault somewhere in your wiring. which will blow your fuse. check your wires make your there is no bare wire or metal cutting into the wire .

younggotti266
02-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by aRz

ive come to the conclusion that the Wing's LED is not the problem, ive even switched from he stock 10' Fuse to 15 thinking maybe the led needs 15 instead of 10 but wrong again i blew that one also.

When you blow a fuse you don't replace it with a larger
resistant fuse, that the way you cover up a problem, If
honda says it take a 10amp fuse then thats what you put
there

And if the fuse blew after you hooked up the LED,
It's probably something to do with the LED

common sense

Check all the wireing

trk
02-13-2004, 10:07 AM
OFF TOPIC:

Fan Rankings This is an ongoing competion. Listed from best to worst fan.
1 - SI4U2NV
2 - DX4U2NV
3 - SniperSi
4 - trk
These ranks will change weekly based on fan participation. Fan of the year wins a free K-series.com T-shirt!

What is this? Fan of you steve?

You know I'm your favorite pal BUT I wouldn't sport a k-series shirt if you payed me. Just as you wouldn't sport a ColoradoEP3.com sticker or shirt...

Tai

DavidT
02-13-2004, 10:25 AM
If I were you I would quadruple check all the wirings you touched because you stated in your first post that you were lazy. :D Make sure the wire you spliced into isn't grounding to anything or touching another wire. Something you touched is shorted somewhere, so just take a day off, have lots of patience and check everything you touched carefully...four times.

aRz
02-13-2004, 07:57 PM
the thing is that ive checked EVERYTHING ive wrapped those wires sepperatley w/ so much electrical tape its not funny, im 90% sure its not the wing's LED anymore i mean yeah, it all started from connecing it but i dunno if i dont figure it out in the next day or two ill take it to honda.
I hope its nothing major.... :'(

Siman
02-14-2004, 10:51 PM
loose wiring connection??? I dont have a clue bro:eek:

Si4U2NV
02-17-2004, 12:29 AM
i looked it up and your problem definitely has something to do with one or more of these things:

Cruise Control System, EPS System, Radiator Fan Circuit, Short in the wire between the A/F sensor relay and the fuse, or EVAP Control...

maybe im ryte...well see...

-Mike

aRz
02-17-2004, 09:17 AM
mike man lets meet up i got back from d.c yesterday im gunna give you a call later

VIZHUNZ02SI
02-17-2004, 12:06 PM
dam and i wanted to get a vafc2 i hope its not that
that would really change my mind if its that

aRz
02-28-2004, 04:09 PM
well i found out what was wrong, when i cut my cat the people didnt leave enough slack for the wires on the second 02 sensor. so my 2nd 02 sensor was rubbing on the heat shiled surounding the piping.
well eventually (spelling)i think, i wore out the cables and they were all rubbing together.
the muffler shop has ordered me a new 02 sensor.

thanx for the help guys.

(had nothing to do with the wing) Mr commen sence

TrippZ
02-28-2004, 04:57 PM
glad yu worked it out :-P

VIZHUNZ02SI
02-28-2004, 05:38 PM
cool now can a brotha get some help on installing his vafc 2 n how to tune it

PAPITUYO326
02-28-2004, 08:08 PM
glad to hear ur problem got fixed

i knew it wasnt ur wiring because i did mine the same way and showed u how i did mine