PDA

View Full Version : JRSC install completed

JRSC_EP3
02-13-2004, 08:32 AM
These are my posts from the local chapters section regarding my JRSC install. Thought I would just share it with you guys (and galls), plus the local people told me that I should post here too.

Ladies and gentalmen...the JRSC is now complete. I have finished the install today. Time now to take it out for a spin. I will say though, the install was a pain in the ass! It wasn't hard or anything, just time consuming. Everything went in perfectly except for the by-pass valve hose. It was a little short, but a slight modification to the hose was all it took. I'll have pics up as soon as I get the change. Unfortunatly, I did not take pics while the install was taking place. I'll have a pic of the finished product.

Hey there everyone. I just got my EP dynoed today. It dynoed at 192.5hp/150tq at the wheels. If you want to think of it as crank hp, then it would be about 221hp - 231hp, figuring about 15%-20% loss through transfer. The dotted line was from my first dyno with h/i/e, Nology wires, and Denso IR plugs. That reading was about 157hp at the wheels. Overall, a 35.5hp increase. I'll have the pics as soon as I get the film developed.

Dyno results:
Click here for dyno results (http://www.hometown.aol.com/tpao9/myhomepage/myep3dyno.html)

It took me about 8 hours to install. I took my time and made sure that I wasn't skipping anything or rushing anything. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty I would have to say that it's a 3 for me. If you know what you are doing when it comes to a car and your're not scared, then it's a piece of cake. If you are not too sure about what you are doing under the hood then I would say to let some that is more experienced do it for you. As Keith at Jackson put it, if you know how to turn a wrench and do most of the work yourself (i.e. installing your intake, header, exhaust, and etc. yourself) then the install is a no brainer. I've made this offer on a earlier post, if your're interested in getting it done, I'll be more than happy to do the install for a fair price (a couple hundred).

SF-SI-02
02-13-2004, 08:59 AM
the lines on your dyno don't appear, bur nice work nonetheless! Congrats

JRSC_EP3
02-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
the lines on your dyno don't appear, bur nice work nonetheless! Congrats

Sorry about the lines on the dyno graph, but if you look at it close enough, you'll be able to see the lines. I'll post a darker image of it a little later.

nando707
02-13-2004, 12:51 PM
good job on the install, Just be alert because i just finished my install last week and the charger already took a dump.:'( Now I have to send it back to jacksonracing and see what happens next.

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by nando707
good job on the install, Just be alert because i just finished my install last week and the charger already took a dump.:'( Now I have to send it back to jacksonracing and see what happens next.

Wow, your the second one ive heard of that has a problem. What was the problem with yours? Looks like JR took all that extra time for nothing.

nando707
02-13-2004, 03:11 PM
It went fine for a couple of days, then a loud knocking noise from the charger came.

Tenacious G
02-13-2004, 03:54 PM
hmmm ... i would have thought you would have seen a bigger whp increase than that. that's only about a 22-23% power gain. did you take it to the same dyno both times? that 157 whp w/ I/H/E, ground wires and spark plugs is a bit higher than most others with similar mods.

Dunrick
02-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
hmmm ... i would have thought you would have seen a bigger whp increase than that. that's only about a 22-23% power gain. did you take it to the same dyno both times? that 157 whp w/ I/H/E, ground wires and spark plugs is a bit higher than most others with similar mods.

yeah I was going to say, 157 is pretty high for i/h/e and wires. what are the conditions during the dyno's?

JRSC_EP3
02-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G

I took my EP to the same dyno both times. At the time of the 157 pull the complete setup was...
H/I/E
Nology Hot Wires
Ground Wires
Iridium Plugs
Hyper Voltage box (I think it was installed at the time, pretty sure)

157 was the same after 3 pulls. The exact conditions?? Well, it was inside with the fan blowing in the front, just the same as the final pulls with the JRSC. I talked to Keith at Jackson and confirmed that they made the same type of power with similar mods. All most a 40 hp increase is not bad. Roughly $100 for each hp gain. I've had the blower installed for about 2 weeks now, not troubles yet. Hope it continues that way.

TheAnhDy
02-20-2004, 01:01 PM
pics?