PDA

View Full Version : TC Spoiler (ebay) CF Manifold Covers

trk
02-13-2004, 09:44 AM
So everyone knows:

The covers they are selling on ebay are junk. I put mine on and within 2 days it started discoloring and bubbling from the engine bay heat.

sample of product: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33705&item=2455992344

I called TC Spoiler about warranting the product and they are giving me the run around. First they said, well "3 different companies sell the same mold, we need to know it ours..." ---

SO, I email/PM TodaCSpec (ephatcher) who sold it to me ... he provided me with proof of purchase, I took that info to both Derrin and Warran and TC Spoilers and they basically changed there tune to "We dont warrant those, becuase you dont have a packing slip or original invoice." --- keep in mind this is a ebay purchase that was sold to me (new) by a third party.

Basically the way I see it, TC SPoilers does not CARE if there product is any good, and told me they woould not cover it unless the original owner called them ... but, unfortunately, TodaCSpec will not call them for me.

So, I am stuck with shit from a shit company.

Heads up.

Tai Kahn

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Why wont he call them for you? Im surprised that he isnt willing to help you out. If he sold it to you, than he should take some responsibility in the matter and take care of it.:rolleyes:

trk
02-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Why wont he call them for you? Im surprised that he isnt willing to help you out. If he sold it to you, than he should take some responsibility in the matter and take care of it.:rolleyes:

Thats what I thought.

I dont want to bad mouth him, he tried to help me at first and emailed me his order # and invoice # BUT the guys at TC Spoiler are being bitches about it so I emailed him back and said they wanted to talk to HIM about it... and he never replied. I then emailed and PMd him about the emails he is ignoring and he basically told me its not his problem.

:'(

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by trk
Thats what I thought.

I dont want to bad mouth him, he tried to help me at first and emailed me his order # and invoice # BUT the guys at TC Spoiler are being bitches about it so I emailed him back and said they wanted to talk to HIM about it... and he never replied. I then emailed and PMd him about the emails he is ignoring and he basically told me its not his problem.

:'(

yeah, i was trying to work out a deal with him for swapping wheels and such. He isnt the easiest guy to deal with and just stopped responding. Personally, I think its his problem and he is responsible because you bought it from him, but I guess he's too busy to help out. Its guys like him that we dont need.

trk
02-13-2004, 10:47 AM
yeah, i was trying to work out a deal with him for swapping wheels and such. He isnt the easiest guy to deal with and just stopped responding. Personally, I think its his problem and he is responsible because you bought it from him, but I guess he's too busy to help out. Its guys like him that we dont need.

Thanks for the heads up. Interesting.

This sucks, I am totally not into buying from this board anymore.

andy
02-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by trk
Thanks for the heads up. Interesting.

This sucks, I am totally not into buying from this board anymore.

Bummer about the CF covers. I hate to say it (and I'm sure you've
heard it) but you get what you pay for. It's silly that someone
won't call and tell them what the deal is, but their company sounds
like the type to just ignore it anyway.
If I were you, I'd link them to this thread and tell them that
3000+ members on here aren't going to be buying their product (one
that is specifically made for those 3000+) and see what they say.

As for not buying from people, you just have to be careful. I'd
have no problem buying from fsugatorbait, simply b/c he responds
to PMs, emails, etc.
He has shirked my challenges on Madden 04, though, but maybe he's
just scared. :confused:

j/k. :cool:
Anytime you're curious about someone, just search or email them, try
to gauge their seriousness. I dunno, that's about all I can say,
thankfully my few transactions on here went smooth.

civicSIracer
02-13-2004, 10:58 AM
TC sportline is a warehouse in socal. showstoppers buys all of there hoods, wings, body kits and so on from them. maybe try and talk to chuck about it . im sure they can get something done for ya

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by andy

As for not buying from people, you just have to be careful. I'd
have no problem buying from fsugatorbait, simply b/c he responds
to PMs, emails, etc.
He has shirked my challenges on Madden 04, though, but maybe he's
just scared. :confused:

hahahahahahaha Andy, dont be skurred, your time will come ;)

Next time I see you online, your mine sucka, actually if you want ill be around to play today around 530.

andy
02-13-2004, 11:09 AM
hahahahahahaha Andy, dont be skurred, your time will come ;)

Next time I see you online, your mine sucka, actually if you want ill be around to play today around 530.

Haha, I think I'm going to pick up some wheels after work today,
so I won't make it for that. But we'll hook it up soon (you will
probably destroy me in Madden, I've been playing ESPN Football too
much).

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Haha, I think I'm going to pick up some wheels after work today,
so I won't make it for that. But we'll hook it up soon (you will
probably destroy me in Madden, I've been playing ESPN Football too
much).

how does espn football compare to madden?

andy
02-13-2004, 11:16 AM
how does espn football compare to madden?

Sailing into the seas of OT now (sorry trk),
but I like ESPN better. Some likes/dislikes about both
of them, of course.
ESPN's a little more "fluid," tackling looks/feels more
realistic, plays develop better. Plus, I think having it
on XBox helps (graphics are better). It doesn't have anything
similar to Playmaker, but you can still call multiple hot
routes and do the basics. It's a fun game.

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Sailing into the seas of OT now (sorry trk),
but I like ESPN better. Some likes/dislikes about both
of them, of course.
ESPN's a little more "fluid," tackling looks/feels more
realistic, plays develop better. Plus, I think having it
on XBox helps (graphics are better). It doesn't have anything
similar to Playmaker, but you can still call multiple hot
routes and do the basics. It's a fun game.

yeah, talk about totally off topic, lol...im gonna have to look into it. Is it made by EA sports or 989?

trk
02-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Damn, this thread got destroyed... lol...

go back and delete them, and take it to PM... (nazi modding all on my own) -- steve would be proud...

;)

K-Series
02-13-2004, 11:23 AM
That sucks. I've been eying those covers for a while but since I couldn't find a decent spark plug cover, I went with the Type S one instead.

Speak the Toda again, he really needs to call for you.

Steve

K-Series
02-13-2004, 11:25 AM
You'd have to curse more and be a lot ruder though. But the thought was there. :)

Steve

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by US_Si
You'd have to curse more and be a lot ruder though. But the thought was there. :)

Steve

Hahahaha, fan rankings.

K-Series
02-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Not to "toot my own horn", but with a few of groupies coming out of the wood work and some long time "fans" showing their love, I thought I'd hold a contest for them.

It's the least I can do. :)

[Nazi Mod]
Now stop hijacking this damn thread! One more time and I'll ban you and your damn kids from this site!!!
[/Nazi Mod]

^
Like that. ;)

Steve

STP03BlueSI
02-13-2004, 11:39 AM
I suck at madden.:D +1

SiR_d1
02-13-2004, 12:05 PM
sorry about being stuck with the covers, and thanks for the heads up. I know a lot of people were planning on buying them, you saved them the trouble

wchan55888
02-13-2004, 12:18 PM
found out that..who ever sold u the cover..sold you their shitty one and kept the better original tc one.. and swap it out and said it was an tc item..tc has been selling that for a while...same as the show stopper ...it does not change color ..the one tc sells are clay bake..not hand laid..also tcs one has an engraving on it saying 02SITCS11...and the person can not prove it to tc..and tc does not sell on ebay eithier..

trk
02-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by wchan55888
found out that..who ever sold u the cover..sold you their shitty one and kept the better original tc one.. and swap it out and said it was an tc item..tc has been selling that for a while...same as the show stopper ...it does not change color ..the one tc sells are clay bake..not hand laid..also tcs one has an engraving on it saying 02SITCS11...and the person can not prove it to tc..and tc does not sell on ebay eithier..

Wrong on all accounts.

They do sell on ebay (ask warren), drop shipped.
It is a TC spoiler item, I have a invoice number that they admitted was theres.
It changed color.

Bah.

And by the way, who the hell are you to know he changed it out? If you know this, TodaCSpec has some serious shit fixing to do.

This is getting even more interesting.

wchan55888
02-13-2004, 12:37 PM
tcs sponsor..me on one..had it for about 9 months nothing happen,tcs sponsor show stopper chuck had it on for about 3 months,ac autotech ivan had his on for over a year,aerospeed had there on for over a year.versus had their on for over a year.. how come no one eles had problems with the tc cover..all todaspec have to do is post a pic of the back of the cover with the tcs part# on it and see!! if its the original tc part.. so far i know tcs does not make junk carbon..i have their hood also and other carbon parts....

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 12:45 PM
tcs sponsor..me on one..had it for about 9 months nothing happen,tcs sponsor show stopper chuck had it on for about 3 months,ac autotech ivan had his on for over a year,aerospeed had there on for over a year.versus had their on for over a year.. how come no one eles had problems with the tc cover..all todaspec have to do is post a pic of the back of the cover with the tcs part# on it and see!! if its the original tc part.. so far i know tcs does not make junk carbon..i have their hood also and other carbon parts....

I wouldnt put it past toda spec to do something like this.:rolleyes:

todaCspec
02-13-2004, 02:29 PM
This just goes to show how a forum can get out of hand, pointing fingers when they don't even know the whole story or person. Also how a company that does not want to warranty their merchandise can quickly come up w/a story to cover there own a$$ and point the finger the other way.

First off I'm very disappointed in some of the members here.

fsugatorbait,

The deal w/my heliums didn't workout because you kept on low balling and changing offers. I told you that I don't need to sell them but if the offer was good, I would do it. Sorry, I really don't need 4 stock(heavy) civic Si rims w/three stock Michelin tires and one generic tire.

trk,

Warren = wchan55888 , he works for TCS spoilers.

First off, I'm not a store, I'm a fellow Ep enthusiast. My girlfriend bought me the CF manifold cover off of ebay from Drifitng performance(ebay). It was suppose to be a surprise present. I got it and didn't really care for the engine bay, so I decided to sell it.

I posted a picture of it in the classifieds section and gave a description of it. It was brand new in the box and trk received in brand new condition which he admits too. I sold it at a lost, I even shipped to him overnight. Couple of days later he tells me that it's fading, so I told him to call up the manufacturer and ask them. I gave him all the necesary info that I received w/ the package. It was dropped shipped from TCSpoilers in Cali thru UPS. The info on the slip came from TCSpoilers.

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec
fsugatorbait,

The deal w/my heliums didn't workout because you kept on low balling and changing offers. I told you that I don't need to sell them but if the offer was good, I would do it. Sorry, I really don't need 4 stock(heavy) civic Si rims w/three stock Michelin tires and one generic tire.

The deal changed numerous times from both parties, I dont need to sell my stockies anymore than you needed to sell your Heliums but would have liked too. Communication goes along way and to stop replying with no reason is unacceptable and rude. We may have jumped to conclusion and I apologize if I offended you, but, thats what happens when communication breaks down.

trk
02-13-2004, 04:27 PM
trk,

Warren = wchan55888 , he works for TCS spoilers.

First off, I'm not a store, I'm a fellow Ep enthusiast. My girlfriend bought me the CF manifold cover off of ebay from Drifitng performance(ebay). It was suppose to be a surprise present. I got it and didn't really care for the engine bay, so I decided to sell it.

I posted a picture of it in the classifieds section and gave a description of it. It was brand new in the box and trk received in brand new condition which he admits too. I sold it at a lost, I even shipped to him overnight. Couple of days later he tells me that it's fading, so I told him to call up the manufacturer and ask them. I gave him all the necesary info that I received w/ the package. It was dropped shipped from TCSpoilers in Cali thru UPS. The info on the slip came from TCSpoilers.

your exactly right on all counts... so all you had to do was call warren. he wants to talk to you to OK my replacement ... and you wont call him? Why?

Tai

trk
02-13-2004, 04:30 PM

Dude, you and your company are a bunch of fucking liars... you come on here pretending to be "sponsored" by TCS when you are indeed Warren from TCS. You say "TCS doesnt sell on ebay" in your previous posts... but on the PHONE you told ME this was an EBAY purchase... and that was "why" you couldn't warrant it... I mean, everything you say is a lie or a way around the problem.

DONT bother warranting your shit, dont bother contacting me any more, consider this a warning to all others who will now hopefully NEVER buy your crap and have to deal with your underhanded lying shenanigans.

Fuckers.

TrippZ
02-13-2004, 04:50 PM
welp... sure as FUCK not buying shit from TCS...

trk
02-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

Originally posted by SiR_d1
sorry about being stuck with the covers, and thanks for the heads up. I know a lot of people were planning on buying them, you saved them the trouble

If I were you, I'd link them to this thread and tell them that
3000+ members on here aren't going to be buying their product (one
that is specifically made for those 3000+) and see what they say.

Warren, you see those quotes, expect more. This is what you guys get for being a bunch of jack asses to me, in fact I told derrick i'd be posting this on here... he said "Go Ahead... it doesn't matter anyway."

-- Warren, Toda, If you want to make this right PM me.

wchan55888
02-13-2004, 05:44 PM
1st ..of all i don't work at tc spoiler...work for tcsportline..2 diffrent co.

i gave you the chance and told u to fax a copy of the original invoice to me which you never did...beacuse toda wasn't mailing u back..
3rd.. of all i only spoke to u once and u agree that you would have the original purchaser fax it to me.which i never got .and i will see and take care of it.
giving us a invoice # will not do..anyone can get a hold of that..

4th.. we don't warranty 3rd party purchase/esp without a reciept..let see u go exchange somthing under someone eles's purchase without an invoice...without the original buyer's credit card and diffrent state and billing address...

i don't know what u and derric have been talking about..but thats what derrick told me what u said....

5th.. and we don't sell on ebay only drop ship for other companies..if i did sell ep stuff or honda ..wouldn't you think i would be selling this stuff cheap to my fellow ep'ers

this situation has nothing to do with me..its between u and derric and tc spoiler not tcsportline..i gave u the opportunity to exchange it ..

stop being a bunch of little biach's and grow up.

you have 72hours to fax derric the original invoice ...its up to u..

trk
02-13-2004, 05:59 PM

i gave you the chance and told u to fax a copy of the original invoice to me which you never did...beacuse toda wasn't mailing u back..
3rd.. of all i only spoke to u once and u agree that you would have the original purchaser fax it to me.which i never got .and i will see and take care of it.

4th.. we don't warranty 3rd party purchase/esp without a reciept..let see u go exchange somthing under someone eles's purchase without an invoice...without the original buyer's credit card and diffrent state and billing address...

i don't know what u and derric have been talking about..but thats what derrick told me what u said....

5th.. and we don't sell on ebay only drop ship for other companies..if i did sell ep stuff or honda ..wouldn't you think i would be selling this stuff cheap to my fellow ep'ers

this situation has nothing to do with me..its between u and derric and tc spoiler not tcsportline..i gave u the opportunity to exchange it ..

You said TodaCSpec could call you to deal with it... problem is I cant get him to do that... much less dig up a receipt and fax it to you guys.

None the less, your product sucks, your attitude sucks, your excuses are just that, excuses. Why else start the phone call of with "If its our product we will cover it, but you need to prove its ours." WITHOUT telling me; You can look on the back of the cover and see if its ours. That right there proves to me where your train of thought is heading, --- get him off phone, dont cover product. ---
Also it was obvious that you were trying to back out of covering it as soon as the story switched from "Is it ours?" to; "We need a proof of purchase" and the oh so popular, "We dont cover third party Purchases." -- and you also straight up lied to me about ebay (and the drop shipping) ...

... and now all of a sudden your saying your part of a different company? ... thats nothing but another excuse.... I mean, why discuss any of this with me if its not yours?

Forget it. Seriously, Id rather take the part and throw it in the trash, then spend anymore wasted time and energy on this.

:yellm:

trk
02-13-2004, 06:13 PM

Before I stop, Id like to touch on the above quoted comment/excuse.

1) this is not about an exchange
2) this is about a defective product you sell
3) this is about backing your products

Your choosing to not do that.

For example:

If I bought a JRSC from anyone, anywhere in the world ... JR would deal with me if the SC had the bearing issue problems from the factory, they would deal with it, plain and simple... that is backing your product. What you are doing is hiding behind excuses and banter and misinformation and half-truths in some sort of pathetic attempt to save a fuckin' penny or two.

wchan55888
02-13-2004, 06:49 PM
jrsc vs. piece of carbon trim..

if my item had an id vin# no problem...since your such dum why don't you go to vortech and exchange/replace it..its also a super charger..

no more comments..73hours..its up to u..

to ephatchers..yes we suck don't buy from tcs/tcsportline ,tc spoiler..their liars and they never backed up their products for the past 10 years while they were in business...thanks guys..

vtecnrg
02-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

Ditto. I sure don't profess to understand all the in and outs of the situation but I do know it a sad day when...

1. a fellow EPhatch member won't help a brother
2. a company won't back its own product regardless of who owns it. This sounds like a manufacturing issue not an owner abuse issue.

TCS stand to make alot of profit by doing the right thing by having returned customers and new ones. Instead seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot. Go Tai, fight the machine. :cool:

jimmied
02-13-2004, 07:35 PM

All of this yet your number is "1st ..of all i don't work at tc spoiler...work for tcsportline..2 diffrent co"

You are just contradicting yourself over and over. I can definitely see why this member is having a problem. IF it is was me i would call it a loss and find a better company to deal with!!!!

todaCspec
02-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Sorry I don't get paid to surf this site, so I have not checked until today since Friday when I left my office. It's also President's weekend, so 72 hours is unacceptable. Give me a fax #, I can fax it to you on Tuesday morning 2/17/04.

*Hurry up and make things right, so I can stop losing sleep over this...:(

wchan55888
02-16-2004, 11:36 AM
not bad mouthing anyone here...i did offer to replace it..i just needed proof that it was purchased at tcs...since it was sold to a 3rd party which the shipping/billing info did not match our records-so i request the proof of purchase from original buyer..(invoice)...626-333-1202(fax) attention warren c.

FCobra94
02-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Good luck w/ getting everything straightened out man. Seems like people are a little more willing to help you out now at least...

the squeaky wheel get's the grease ;)

trk
02-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Sorry I don't get paid to surf this site, so I have not checked until today since Friday when I left my office. It's also President's weekend, so 72 hours is unacceptable. Give me a fax #, I can fax it to you on Tuesday morning 2/17/04.

*Hurry up and make things right, so I can stop losing sleep over this...:(

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Right on man.

Warren --- post once you get it ... ill call you then.

Tai

audomatik
02-16-2004, 02:57 PM
wow, i think he just read all the posts from people saying they weren't gonna buy their shit... definately gonna think twice tho when i got make a purchase...

todaCspec
02-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Receipt has been faxed 1pm ish and again at 3:15pm eastern time.

trk
02-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Receipt has been faxed 1pm ish and again at 3:15pm eastern time.

Thanks!