PDA

View Full Version : SRS light problem

SuperRacerTypeR
02-13-2004, 01:01 PM
My SRS light is on right now, because i removed my seats w/o disconnecting the battery. i brought to honda and it cost me $75 to fix it, doesn't anyone know how to solve this SRS light problems w/o bring it to honda?:'(

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by SuperRacerTypeR
My SRS light is on right now, because i removed my seats w/o disconnecting the battery. i brought to honda and it cost me $75 to fix it, doesn't anyone know how to solve this SRS light problems w/o bring it to honda?:'(

there is a link somewhere on here that I cant find at the moment with directions on how to 'short' out the light to get it to go off. It worked on mine. Ill keep looking.

G-J
02-13-2004, 01:07 PM
I have it at my house... can you wait until tonight and I can email you?

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Here ya go...

1. turn ignition switch off, remove ECU service connector
2. connect (jump) the MES connector (this is 2 pin yellow connector wrapped in yellow plugged in the front of the underdash fuse box)
3. turn ignition switch on
4. SRS light will come on for 6 secs then go out, remove the jumper within 4 secs after the light goes out.
5. the SRS light will come on again, reconnect the jumper within 4 secs after the light has come on.
6. the SRS light will go off, remove the jumper with in 4 secs after the light has gone off.
7. the SRS light will blink to times indicating the memory is reset.

SuperRacerTypeR
02-13-2004, 01:18 PM
ok, i will wait, but my car at honda right now, :o , just post it here, so later on, when people run into SRS problem, they'll know how to solve it. thanks guys

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Here is another link...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/modules.php?name=DIY&pa=showpage&pid=19

SuperRacerTypeR
02-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Here ya go...

1. turn ignition switch off, remove ECU service connector
2. connect (jump) the MES connector (this is 2 pin yellow connector wrapped in yellow plugged in the front of the underdash fuse box)
3. turn ignition switch on
4. SRS light will come on for 6 secs then go out, remove the jumper within 4 secs after the light goes out.
5. the SRS light will come on again, reconnect the jumper within 4 secs after the light has come on.
6. the SRS light will go off, remove the jumper with in 4 secs after the light has gone off.
7. the SRS light will blink to times indicating the memory is reset.

Thanks fsugatorbait, if there was pics, it would be very helpful,:D TY for ur help

fsugatorbait
02-13-2004, 01:45 PM
no problem, I wish I could find the ones with the pics, but im not having any luck and 7thgencivic wont activate my acct so I cant get the directions from that link. good luck.

SuperRacerTypeR
02-27-2004, 02:06 PM
is there another way to solve this SRS problem? any easier way?

fsugatorbait
02-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SuperRacerTypeR
is there another way to solve this SRS problem? any easier way?
You can pay $60 to have Honda reset it for you.

glw
02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
my srs light came on for no reason. honda ordered me a new srs control unit under warranty. should be in next week.