PDA

View Full Version : HIDs wouldn't work...

K20ACTR
09-29-2002, 03:02 AM
I tried installing the Philips HIDs on my car earlier tonight and they wouldn't work. I could hear the really switch turning on but they wouldn't turn on. So I removed them and put them on my friends EG hatch and they worked perfectly fine. Is there something I am missing? Has anyone else put HIDs on their car yet? I even changed the fuses to 20W instead of 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1fastminivan
09-29-2002, 04:49 PM
We tried a different HID kit in my car at one point and couldnt get it to work also. It was my friends H4 kit and for some reason it wouldnt work. I think it is the Civic wiring. Ill try to find out. I didnt have much time experimenting since it wasnt my kit.

K20ACTR
09-29-2002, 09:19 PM
If you could find out it would be greatly appreciated. The HIDs are just sitting in my room and I would like to put them on.

1fastminivan
09-29-2002, 11:52 PM
I was going to say try switching the "plugs" on the black connector that connects to the H4 connector. It has three plugs. One for ground one for highbeam and one for low beam. You should try pulling out those metal plugs that go into the HID kit H4 connector to see if it reverses it. It might work........it seems honda wired the headlights differently now. The H4 kit worked fine on my friends EK civic but wouldnt work properly on mine. Go to this website..........

http://www.lighting.philips.com/forum/forum_6/wwwforum.cgi

Go here they are very good at HID information. I used to go there alot. I once had HID kit on my 2000 hatchback. I have a friend on there named PLIEPL. He is very good at HID retrofitting. Check out that website and Im sure someone will help. :cool:

K20ACTR
09-30-2002, 09:28 AM
Your help is much appreciated!

DOTEK
10-03-2002, 03:02 PM
Where did you draw power to the new ballasts from; did you tap into the factory headlights' wiring? The new Si does have a rather unearthly electrical scheme. I once tried to make the side-markers blinker lights--it wouldn't work!

Start from scratch, use an independent power source this time and see how that goes.