PDA

View Full Version : Tanabe Springs- 3 Types

Zigen5
02-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have the Tanabe springs on their car? They have the Normal Feel, Grip Feel, and Dress form. I found this on Options Auto Salon for $156. Here is the link **Click Here** (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_list.asp?dept=237&last=237)

EP3inRI
02-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Zigen5
Does anyone have the Tanabe springs on their car? They have the Normal Feel, Grip Feel, and Dress form. I found this on Options Auto Salon for $156. Here is the link **Click Here** (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_list.asp?dept=237&last=237)
I emailed Tanabe twice and still haven't gotten a reply. Tanabe's website (and Options Auto) show that the EP and the EM and ES all use the same spring. The spring rates Tanabe lists are too low for an EP IMO, but the drop seems perfect (1.3"). If you do go with these springs, I would go with the grip feel, they have the highest spring rate. The descriptions for the normal feel and dress form make it sound like they are primarily for show. If they up their spring rates, I would definitely buy a set.

Zigen5
02-14-2004, 04:55 AM
Yeah, the Grip Feel sounds like a perfect drop to me too... I don't wanna go to low. Just enough to get rid of the gap... I wanted to know if anyone else had these and what their opinion was on these...

Si4U2NV
02-14-2004, 12:14 PM
i have tanabe DF210s, not on my car yet, waiting to be installed (ive had em for a WHILEEEEE) i know a guy who had em on his EP for a longggggggg time on stock shocks, ridez AWESOME and the shocks are fine...

:smilem:

-Mike

VividDreams
02-15-2004, 01:35 PM
im also considering getting the Grip Feel set, i just did a search for these and this thread didnt come up, weird. anyway, im trying to get feedback on these. any body have Tanabe springs or any other tanabe products? whats the quality like?

Zigen5
02-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, I just tried to order the springs from Options and they are on backorder... :D So it looks like its going to be Neuspeed or Eibach Sportlines.. Does anyone know why the Sportlines are cheaper then the Pro-Kits?