PDA

View Full Version : reset ecu, damage?

03typeS
02-13-2004, 07:24 PM
hey guys i was reading about cai and i read many people about after installing ur cai and resetting ecu, u were supposed to let it idle for around 15 minutes. Which was too late for me because i remember i kinda drove the car gassing it to enjoy my injen cai like right after resetting ecu. My car was already broken in by then. Could my ecu be damaging my engine in some way? should i reset my ecu again? its a couple thousand miles back since i resetted it. :o

ATRIOT
02-13-2004, 07:26 PM
No its fine, the ECU will learn and compensate for the increase in air flow.

03typeS
02-13-2004, 07:50 PM
cool :D thanx man

Peking
02-13-2004, 07:50 PM
You drive a Type-S, how did you find this site?

shimmy_yaz
02-13-2004, 08:35 PM
I never reset my ECU and I have not noticed any problems

Peking
02-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
I never reset my ECU and I have not noticed any problems

I have done it twice. After grounding wires, and after. Well I can't remember why for the second time. First time I just let her sit for 15 min, then drove away. Second time, I tried to follow the manual. Rev to 3k and let her sit there until the fans come on, then let her sit running for a few minutes. Problem was, when doing it the second time. I was reving at 3K and I was sitting there for more than five minutes. Fans never came on, and it was cold outside. Maybe played a roll, don't know though. I said forgetabout it, and turned her off. Seems to be ok, no problems. Some folks on clubrsx think that doing this will help the ecu learn more aggresive mapping. Don't know though, just a thought.

!@#$%
02-14-2004, 09:28 AM
what color type s?

LHD_EP3
02-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 03typeS
hey guys i was reading about cai and i read many people about after installing ur cai and resetting ecu, u were supposed to let it idle for around 15 minutes. Which was too late for me because i remember i kinda drove the car gassing it to enjoy my injen cai like right after resetting ecu. My car was already broken in by then. Could my ecu be damaging my engine in some way? should i reset my ecu again? its a couple thousand miles back since i resetted it. :o

I think you're being a little paranoid