PDA

View Full Version : New shoes on stock rims

SF-SI-02
02-13-2004, 07:39 PM
I just installed Turanza ls-V 205/55/15 on the sock rims. Its weird, I no longer spin out, and I get more g's in corners, and the car doesn't fish tail with my rsx rear sway... all in all, feels nice. I still think I may have made a mistake in not buying the S 03 pole potenza's, but I want these to last over 22,000, which is what the stockies made it to.

If you have the cash, I think these are worthwhile. Hope this helps.

VividDreams
02-15-2004, 01:28 PM
pics?

jdm02civicK20
02-15-2004, 04:05 PM
sounds great cant wait to see pics... Also how much did you pay?

icegrill
02-15-2004, 06:06 PM
yeah, please hook us up with pics. I'm debating the s-o3's for my stock wheels this spring.

Ph0nK
02-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
I just installed Turanza ls-V 205/55/15 on the sock rims. Its weird, I no longer spin out, and I get more g's in corners, and the car doesn't fish tail with my rsx rear sway... all in all, feels nice. I still think I may have made a mistake in not buying the S 03 pole potenza's, but I want these to last over 22,000, which is what the stockies made it to.

If you have the cash, I think these are worthwhile. Hope this helps.

Newbie-ish question here, but does this tiresize maintain the stock diameter?

SF-SI-02
02-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Picks are nothing special, I mean, you can look up the tread at tirerack.com . For the newb, yes I did switch to a lower profile tire, my speedo/odometer is now off by 2%, so when I am doing a hundred on the guage, the cop will only give me a ticket for 98, pretty cool. It has been raining in the bay area a lot lately, and these things stick to the ground VERY well. I am still getting used to not spinning out, which I did all the time with the stock tires, and with the stiffer rear sway bar I was even more scared making turns in the rain with the stock tires. As for price, I ordered from costco.com and took advantage of a $60 cupon they had, tital damage was $486 after the cuopon with installation and free balance/rotation every 5500 miles. Plus I got an alignmnent because I don't like to drop that much cash on tires too often. The alignment place sells the s'03, they told me that they see them lasting ususally between 10,000 to 15,000, and for that durability, they are the best tires on the market for our cars. The only problem is that I don't want to be in the tire market that often... At any rate, hope this helps, if you still want pics I may put one up later...