PDA

View Full Version : VAFC vs VAFC2

tgrasshopper
02-14-2004, 03:45 PM
What the bigest diference on those. It's posible to use the VAFC on the ep3 or we absulutely need the VAFC2.

I know the VAFC2 have more point you can modify but do we absulutely need it?

Thank you
Tgrass

Hatch02SI
02-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by tgrasshopper
What the bigest diference on those. It's posible to use the VAFC on the ep3 or we absulutely need the VAFC2.

I know the VAFC2 have more point you can modify but do we absulutely need it?

Thank you
Tgrass

You will need the vafc 2 controller... Due to the fact that the original controller utilizes vtec and not i-vtec... Basically one was designed for one and not the other... I am sure that you could use the vafc controller for a/f and such but to utilize vtec its doubtful. Just my .02

chunky
02-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Hatch02SI
You will need the vafc 2 controller... Due to the fact that the original controller utilizes vtec and not i-vtec... Basically one was designed for one and not the other... I am sure that you could use the vafc controller for a/f and such but to utilize vtec its doubtful. Just my .02

they're essentially the same. the vafc II just has an input to MONITOR the i-vtec settings. you cannot modify intake cam timing or ignition timing with the vafc II.

The original vafc will work on the ep3, but you have to figure out how to wire it up yourself. The vafc II comes with wiring instructions for the k20 ecus.

also, the real reason why the vafc II is better lies in the fact that it has more fuel adjustment points. That's the main reason to buy one over the original vafc.

tgrasshopper
02-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by chunky

Thank you that's all I wanted to know!!!!

VIZHUNZ02SI
02-17-2004, 12:08 PM
cool
can any supply the instruction because mines didnt come with it

Si4U2NV
02-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
cool
can any supply the instruction because mines didnt come with it

oo i just responded to ur other thread... well... im a whore so ima reply to this one similarly...

aarie (aRz) has one on his car, talk to him about the manual...

-Mike