PDA

View Full Version : RE Works Bars

Si4U2NV
02-14-2004, 04:51 PM
made my (eewwwwww) APC but still lookz pretty decent... thoughts?

not lookin to buy em, just thought people on here should know they exist...

HEAVY-DUTY GUN-METAL POWDER-COATED MILD STEEL STRUT BAR
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10102&storeId=10101&langId=-1&productId=274523&mediaCode=ZX&appId=226938

HEAVY-DUTY RAW STAINLESS STEEL STRUT BAR
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10102&storeId=10101&langId=-1&productId=274522&mediaCode=ZX&appId=226937

-Mike

civicSIracer
02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
looks nice.. for 149 bucks, not a bad upgrade.

Si4U2NV
02-14-2004, 07:14 PM
the stainless one lookz very similar to the neuspeed one...

cant be that bad... a brace is a brace (please no smartass remarkz about that i no quality is different)

-Mike

Zigen5
02-15-2004, 03:50 AM
Yes, thats true. It all depends on the material that is used to make the bar. I'd buy one, as long as it doesn't say APC in huge letters on top of it.. ;) :D

estebones
02-15-2004, 04:10 AM
Like you said a brace is a brace as long as it is made with good materials and the welds arent too shitty, esp on these types of things(suspension bars)

k20hatch
02-15-2004, 10:01 AM
I like the gunmetal one!

Gearhead Geek
02-15-2004, 10:01 AM
$129.00 each from Nopi, just put in my order today (I was gonna wait for the D3Designs ones, but, I can always buy em later). Should get here on Thursday. I'll post a review when I get em.

iVtec si
02-15-2004, 10:16 AM
for the money i'd buy the neuspeed ones, better quality about the same price.

Gearhead Geek
02-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Ya but the Neuspeed aren't stainless steel (I'm a sucker for stainless). As I said, once the D3Designs ones come out I'll more than likely sell at least the front one, but, in the mean time I'll give em a shot.

iVtec si
02-15-2004, 07:32 PM
for the money i'd buy the neuspeed ones, better quality about the same price.

Si4U2NV
02-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
Ya but the Neuspeed aren't stainless steel (I'm a sucker for stainless). As I said, once the D3Designs ones come out I'll more than likely sell at least the front one, but, in the mean time I'll give em a shot.

i want the one ur most likely selling when u get ur D3D one!

i got dibbs!!! (seriously)

-Mike

Gearhead Geek
02-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, I just got a call from NOPI saying they have none in stock, and that when the guy called APC, they told him they have no date of availability for them. This is the second time something like this has happened to me going through NOPI (buying a product that's listed on their website, that isn't even available), so I think the time has come where I'm just gonna begin boycotting them.
As for strut tower bars, I guess I'll just wait it out now for the D3D ones.

Zigen5
02-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Geez, I hate when peeps don't update their inventory... Did you try Jc Whitney?

Gearhead Geek
02-16-2004, 02:33 PM
No, I didn't try JC Whitney. As much as I love them/Crutchfield, they are damn overpriced. Even though I said I was gonna wait for the D3D bars, I acctually went ahead and ordered a Neuspeed front and the no-name $30 rear from Robearracing.com.
Again, once the D3D bars come out I fully intend to get those, but I want something to tide me over in the meantime. Also, the rear D3D will be a C-Pillar brace, and not a strut tower bar, so in acctuality, I'll only be losing money on the front Neuspeed since I'll end up keeping the rear no-name strut brace.

Note to support my arguement of how overpriced JC Whiteney is:
RE Works bars from JC: 149 each + shipping
RE Works bars from NOPI (*mutter*crap*mutter*): $294.31 for both + UPS Ground shipping
Front Neuspeed + Rear No-Name from Robear: $211.37 with UPS 2nd day air shipping

I rest my case :p

*mutters some more about NOPI and their crappy redneck run online store and gets back to his homework*

Si4U2NV
02-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
No, I didn't try JC Whitney. As much as I love them/Crutchfield, they are damn overpriced. Even though I said I was gonna wait for the D3D bars, I acctually went ahead and ordered a Neuspeed front and the no-name $30 rear from Robearracing.com.
Again, once the D3D bars come out I fully intend to get those, but I want something to tide me over in the meantime. Also, the rear D3D will be a C-Pillar brace, and not a strut tower bar, so in acctuality, I'll only be losing money on the front Neuspeed since I'll end up keeping the rear no-name strut brace.

Note to support my arguement of how overpriced JC Whiteney is:
RE Works bars from JC: 149 each + shipping
RE Works bars from NOPI (*mutter*crap*mutter*): $294.31 for both + UPS Ground shipping
Front Neuspeed + Rear No-Name from Robear: $211.37 with UPS 2nd day air shipping

I rest my case :p

*mutters some more about NOPI and their crappy redneck run online store and gets back to his homework*

mind if i call dibbs on ur neuspeed front upper when ur done wit it? i REALLLLLY want one but cant seem to save enough for a new one...

-Mike

Gearhead Geek
02-16-2004, 08:03 PM
well I'm not gonna make any promises until the D3D bar is available for me to buy :D