PDA

View Full Version : My idle

02SiFoLife
02-15-2004, 05:52 PM
I installed an Aem cold air intake about a year ago and all of a sudden now every time I start my car when its cold the idle will be at 1500 and then jump to 2000 and hoover there until the check engine light comes on. Then it will drop to 1000 where its supposed to be and after some driving the light will go off but then the next day it all starts over. Anyone have any idea what is going on ????
And the error code from the ecu reads it is an idle error but i don't know how to correct it. HELP

DavidT
02-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a IAT problem. Check your IAT (Intake air temp sensor), the little probe type thing that you had to remove from the stock intake elbow and put into your CAI, make sure it's far enough for it to read good temps and make sure it doesn't have a loose connection. A code in your car won't say "idle problems" it will most likely direct you to a component that causes the idle problem, recheck and list the code number if you can (Example, code P1040 or P1678...starts with a P :p ) I can help you look it up.

!@#$%
02-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
Sounds like a IAT problem. Check your IAT (Intake air temp sensor), the little probe type thing that you had to remove from the stock intake elbow and put into your CAI, make sure it's far enough for it to read good temps and make sure it doesn't have a loose connection. A code in your car won't say "idle problems" it will most likely direct you to a component that causes the idle problem, recheck and list the code number if you can (Example, code P1040 or P1678...starts with a P :p ) I can help you look it up.

ya do ^. he knows his stuff. ;)

Hatch02SI
02-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 02SiFoLife
I installed an Aem cold air intake about a year ago and all of a sudden now every time I start my car when its cold the idle will be at 1500 and then jump to 2000 and hoover there until the check engine light comes on. Then it will drop to 1000 where its supposed to be and after some driving the light will go off but then the next day it all starts over. Anyone have any idea what is going on ????
And the error code from the ecu reads it is an idle error but i don't know how to correct it. HELP

You might wanna check the filter as well... It may be clogged or something with the dust particles and what not shit that you suck up... just my .02