PDA

View Full Version : Question/Idea

PanchoEp3
02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I was just thinkin about something that might be pretty cool if it works. You guys know that the real mugen lip has the two holes to cool the brakes right. I was wondering where the placement of a cai would leave the air filter itself. If it would land infront or near the Brake hole on the mugen lip wouldnt this make a sort of ram air with extremly cool air? If it work this would prolly make the Cai alot more effective. Just something for you guys with the Cai to think about.:eek:

DeadMonkey
02-16-2004, 12:16 PM
The only thing that I'm a little worried about there is hydrolock with the cai being open to the elements because of that hole in the bumper.

PanchoEp3
02-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by DeadMonkey
The only thing that I'm a little worried about there is hydrolock with the cai being open to the elements because of that hole in the bumper.

you could always run a little screen on the hole and use a air bypass valve. Im thinking about doing this if I can get someone to show me where the filter sits.

PanchoEp3
02-17-2004, 07:16 PM
So does anyone know where the filter sits? A little help here guys lol.

Silverstreak
02-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Take off your driverside wheel, undo the plastic clips, pull away the plastic, and there it is.

BlasTech
02-19-2004, 07:07 PM
the filter sits in the upper part of the fender well, and extends about halfway down to the base of where the liner is... VERY low on the EP3... I think you could actually see the bottom of the AEM CAI through the holes in the buddyclub kit!

ATRIOT
02-19-2004, 10:09 PM
It sits on the end of the black tube in these pics. http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgxNDM4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgxNDM3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

VividDreams
02-20-2004, 03:54 PM
as a point of reference, the slotted area above the tube is where the OEM foglights would go. i dont think the fiter goes bhind those vents, just looks like it from that angle

PanchoEp3
02-20-2004, 03:55 PM
dam looks like my idea would work. I have half the money saved up for the mugen lip and the cai hope it will work.