PDA

View Full Version : For all with notchiness in the gears

!@#$%
02-16-2004, 02:37 PM
get your tranny fluid changed. wow, i thought my tranny shifted smooth before. Mine is 5X better after the flush. I also have pics of the amount of shavings that came out. I will post those later on when I'm finished, but my ep loves me now. I also used the spoon mag plug for the tranny while I was at it. It took mine a full 2qt and the level was perfect at my finger. :D It will be worth your while. When the day comes and any clicking starts, I know it is time to change the fluid again.

i used honda tranny fluid and have 27K miles on the ep.

Gearhead Geek
02-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Where can I pick up the Spoon magnetic oil/tranny drain plugs?

!@#$%
02-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
Where can I pick up the Spoon magnetic oil/tranny drain plugs?

this is where i got mine.

oil and tranny bolts (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=SP-MDB&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=13&back=yes&dept=3986)

David K.
02-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Just ordered mine; hope that link was correct:eek:

chubbychu
02-16-2004, 11:28 PM
thats expensive. who changed it for you?

!@#$%
02-16-2004, 11:32 PM
i do everything myself. as for the price, it's spoon. what do you expect? the link works fine for me. and mine look exactly like the ones in the pic.

Dunrick
02-17-2004, 07:01 AM
those metal shavings are there for a reason, they polish the gears overtime. Metal shavings in the transmission are nothing new. Lets say they caused major problems...honda would come equiped with magnetic drain plugs to save their little econo civics trannys. Just something to think about.