PDA

View Full Version : traction upgrade**help**

weltall
02-16-2004, 05:53 PM
i have alot of wheel hop in first and second with the greddy kit
i have stock springs and 17" rims with low pros same size overall as stock i let a little air out of the tires and it helped a little
what can i do to fix this
bigger tires
coil over
just springs

im looking to fix this with out spending an arm and a leg

BSEVEER
02-16-2004, 06:07 PM
I'd say the ES motor mount inserts. That's the cheapest, an engine damper would also do the trick.

vtecnrg
02-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by weltall
i have alot of wheel hop in first and second with the greddy kit
i have stock springs and 17" rims with low pros same size overall as stock i let a little air out of the tires and it helped a little
what can i do to fix this
bigger tires
coil over
just springs

im looking to fix this with out spending an arm and a leg

I thought I was the only one. The motor mounts took care of my problem. I also have the Greddy turbo and 17" wheels. Not to mention the motor mounts make the car feel alive. This is a affordable upgrade and was unexpensive to install.

weltall
02-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by vtecnrg
I thought I was the only one. The motor mounts took care of my problem. I also have the Greddy turbo and 17" wheels. Not to mention the motor mounts make the car feel alive. This is a affordable upgrade and was unexpensive to install.

do you know a good site where i can find them?
:D

andy
02-16-2004, 07:01 PM
lightningmotorsports.com - get the RSX mount inserts.
I think summittracing.com also has them.

weltall
02-16-2004, 07:16 PM
thnx ill look into it

vtecnrg
02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Maybe Tobi will sell you his extra set?
http://www.coloradoep3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51

weltall
02-16-2004, 08:01 PM

what boost controller do you use?
i have the profece01

vtecnrg
02-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by weltall
what boost controller do you use?
i have the profece01

No boost contoller instead I am saving for the Greddy intercooler. I should have enough in a month or so. Do you have an Intercooler? I do have some great autometer colbalt gauges. http://www.coloradoep3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33

weltall
02-16-2004, 08:15 PM
No boost contoller instead I am saving for the Greddy intercooler. I should have enough in a month or so. Do you have an Intercooler? I do have some great autometer colbalt gauges. http://www.coloradoep3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33

i used the greddy i/c from an rsx fits perfect got it for 750ish from www.optauto.com

im getting a blow off valve installed this weekend txs type h and i have to weld the flange on the top pipe of the i/c
ill post pics of this once i do it so you can see the fitment

i bought everthing in oct and the si i/c wasnt out yet so i got the rsx one
how did i get the $$$ signed my life away for 4 more years

vtecnrg
02-16-2004, 08:37 PM
I have the HKS sequential bov, it is great.

weltall
02-16-2004, 08:39 PM
I have the HKS sequential bov, it is great.

yeah i know sounds like a baby seal being beaten:tongue:

you know you have to remove the front bumper support right?

vtecnrg
02-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I was going to say that I beat my baby seal often but then that just dont sound right. :o

I will pay to have it installed, I am not very good about such things. Does removing the support hurt anything?

weltall
02-16-2004, 10:29 PM
I was going to say that I beat my baby seal often but then that just dont sound right. :o

I will pay to have it installed, I am not very good about such things. Does removing the support hurt anything?

im gonna have someone who can weld aluminum do the flange

no the support doent hurt any thing like head light mounts
the i/c takes up the space but be sure you dont rearend anyone ro you will hurt the i/c or to protect it you could weld a small cage around it i gues
alll in all its a lot less weight:D

super_si_45
02-18-2004, 01:22 PM
car sounds sweet man, im runnin a tial bov, i like it 100%, anways, as far as the traction probs go, i got the es mm and they worked for like a week then wnt back to wheel hoppin and motor not feelin so solid, ill be orderin the j's racing engine damper pretty quick after the clutch install so hopefully that will help, if not iv heard replacg shock will help to so im gettin the tein ss kit, hopefully the es mm, engine damper, and tein kit will fix wheel hop, if not, i guess im sol, later :D