PDA

View Full Version : mr clean auto dry

getch74
02-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Has anyone used Mr clean auto dry yet? Does this stuff really work? I know i sick of dry every inch of my car. I probably going to try it out.

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-17-2004, 06:20 AM
I was reading Super Street at the book store the other day and they recommended it. However, they were probably paid to do so...heheh. I'll probably try it and if I like it I might buy it again, however it is kinda expensive, like $15-20, and I think its only good for one car wash.

dofu
02-17-2004, 06:30 AM
you can get refills... i bought it for the convenience of having the soap in the nozzle :D ... the autodry which supposedly "removes water impurities which causes spots, even in hard water" is bs to me... it does help dry the car, but i still had spots :confused: but if you into this type of stuff, you can buy refills... you can use any soap you want for the wash, but mr clean has thier own

edit: this thing basically adds some chemical to the water which is supposed to ionize it, which cancels out the impurities of the water, therefore makin it easier for the water to dry without leaving spots...

btw... it is good for more than a couple washes, jus need to refill soap every now and then...

DrtyTexan
02-17-2004, 10:27 AM
hmm maybe you didnt use it right because i bought it the other day and i got a spotless finish....i recomend it, had no probs with it.

iVtec si
02-17-2004, 10:29 AM
I think it's okay for just a quick wash, but I would never wax my car with out drying with a shamie.

Zigen5
02-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Muguire just came out with new wax $14 and spray wax $6. I bought the spray way, but I was wondering if anyone has try their new waxes yet. I usually use Zymol to wax my car. That stuff is the ish!!! :D

2QK4U ALLWAYS
02-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Guys a little tip when diluting your car wash soap add a drop or two of jet dry in the 5 gal bucket you get amazing shine and no water spots

getch74
02-18-2004, 11:50 AM
that jet dry doesn't hurt your cars paint?

AkronSi
02-18-2004, 02:34 PM
As for the Auto Dry, a number of people have tried it over at Autopia and the general concensus is to save yoru money. In addition to the "special" soap, it also has an inline water filter. From what I've read the water doesn't exactly some out of the nozzel with tremendous force and I think the filters or the soap are only good for a handfull of washes before they need replaced.

For me, it's not worth it. If your looking for something to save time, I'd get some Mother's Trigger Wash. That stuff is great.

Zigen5, you should head on over to Autopia (http://www.autopia.org) and do a search for NXT (that's what meg's new wax is called). I think you'll be surprised at the responses. It's really heated things up. $15.00 isn't that much for wax...especially a sealant type wax. Check it out and let us know what you think. I hear it smells like limes.

It looks like a good consumer wax, easy to use and fairly durable with some cleaning capabilities. It might look great topped with some pure carnuba. If anything else, you should head on down to Autozone or some place like that and pick up a bottle.

Be careful, before you know it you'll end up buying car wax like it's a drug :D

getch74
02-24-2004, 01:34 PM
i tried the jet dry yesturday. It seemed to work pretty good. Only like 3 bucks at wal mart.