PDA

View Full Version : RSX Type-R

NemesisITR
09-29-2002, 08:01 PM
Hey, guys I just read in the new sport compact car that Honda is still thinking of bringing the RSX Type-R over in 2003. SSC says that Honda needs to bring back the R to help them stay in the market. What do you guys think? Oh yeah, I still need help on loading my video of my ITR doing 150. Look under post "Need Help" under General Discussion

IceD out N CALI
09-29-2002, 08:07 PM
sure would be nice, but gotta see it to believe it

DownTheHatch
09-29-2002, 08:14 PM
All I heard about was the "Factory Performance" package, which is a type-s with upgraded suspension, 17" wheels, factory lip kit, and the type-r spoiler.

If they brought over the Type-R that would be sweet but we need some solid proof.

!@#$%
09-29-2002, 08:22 PM
i've just about lost faith in honda performance. don't get me wrong, they still produce the most efficient and safe cars for teh buck (reliability) IMO, but they have truly let their so called "racing heritage" go to waste. They have the engineers and workers to OWN the car market, yet they are too afraid of the risks.....all i can say is, 'only way to create precedence is to create beneficial risk.' they can look up the word beneficial in their honda commercials and window stickers to see what hypocrites they are turning out to be.

!@#$%
09-29-2002, 08:29 PM
btw....is it just me or does the word they describe the shoreside ITR as 'setting precedence....' a false statement?

If it set precedence, then there would be further cars to relish and inspire by this in the future of which our future will not produce. I don't see that happening.

NemesisITR
09-29-2002, 09:30 PM
In reply to setting precedence, yes other cars have gone after the shoreside ITR. Look at the new protege, it has a suspension set up that is a rival to my ITR. Cars are now coming with "tuned suspension" from the factory that are not Honda. The Celica GTS is a great car in the slaloms. They still dont have the power or gearing like an R, but their suspensions are getting really close to the R. Better sway bars, strut tower bars/braces, better springs, shocks, struts and even the addition of an LSD. Even the interiors are becoming race like, simuliar to the JDM ITR and shoreside ITR. So I think the shoreside ITR has set precedence for others. But that's what I think.

!@#$%
09-29-2002, 10:26 PM
nemesis i 100% agree with you, what bugs me is the fact that honda has the resources to improve upon what was already a great car and they hesitate to do so...... honda isnt some small proprietorship or anything we all know that.

Other cars to me seem to be setting their own precedence and honda is calling it quits (in the U.S.)

so much potential.....just like me....i have the ability to go to college tomorrow and change my life forever but i hesitate to do so for the fear of the risks it might bring me. I feel i need to leap from the egde as honda should as well. I know doing so will bring me more benefit in the long run and i guess i just feel honda is missing out such as i am. :(

!@#$%
09-29-2002, 10:29 PM
either way, keeping at the rate that they [honda] are now, they will never have problems being a great company and worldwide corporation, however the innovation that is still untapped is what will keep that just above everyone's [toyota nissan] level. thats my opinion and alot of it just kinda hits close to home.

MagusDC5
09-29-2002, 11:28 PM
The only thing we are getting is the performance package. There has been no official statement from Honda regarding the release of an "RSX Type R".

So until then its still only Japan who gets graced with the Integra Type R.

ArcticBlueRsx
09-29-2002, 11:57 PM
the DC5-R or ITR is never gonna make it to US shores....plain and simple..just like they wont bring a NSX-R or what not over here...

DJQuikFingaz
09-30-2002, 05:14 PM
I totally disagree. The ITR has made it here before, it can make it again. You shouldn't just rule out all hope.

MagusDC5
09-30-2002, 05:53 PM
I also agree... the ITR has a slight chance since it has been here before...its all the people who think the CTR is coming- there never has been and there never will be one here.