PDA

View Full Version : Question about SFP kit.

phokingphosho
02-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey guys I have a question about the SFP kit. I was going to save up and get enough money for a boost controller/gauges and just get it all at once for when I have the kit, but I was wondering if it would be possible to just get the kit and get the boost controller and gauges later on like a month or two later? But from what I can understand, if I have SFP install, I need gauges for them to tune, so...? And also, do you think that Cybernation would sell me just the gauge and gauge pods? Alright, that's all the questoins I have for right now, thanks.

THMotorsports
02-17-2004, 10:44 AM
You can customize whatever you like from SFP. You do not have to have them install gauges for tuning. Let me know and I can cut you a deal on that turbo kit.

Sales@truehonda.com

Pikachu
02-18-2004, 09:12 PM
hey i already have the SFP turbo kit and i do not have any of the guages i have had it for about a month now with no guages they are just for you pleasure and your knowledge you do not have to have them but it is go to have them

TheMutt
02-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Kinda off topic i know, but could someone from SFP tell me about what they offer for a 1st or 2nd gen rx7 with a 13b? ie how much for a turbo kit and how much power I could put out? Just pm me if you want or post it if you can. Thanks

Most-Wanted
02-23-2004, 04:09 PM
e-mail Scott at scott@sfp.net or call them. He doesn't really visit here anymore because he got too much slack for answering peoples question's. Mods said it was advertising. Off topic, but saw 2 1000hp motors when I was down there last week. I wish I could of taken one of them home.

dj addicted
02-23-2004, 07:49 PM
hey most wanted.. .hows that 300hp car of yours running???

Most-Wanted
02-24-2004, 04:56 PM
DJ Addicted- I blew it up this past weekend! Just kidding!!! LOL...
It runs so perfect it is actually unbelievable. The new Clutchmaster's clutch set-up is in and so is the Phantom-Grip LSD. We took off the cat and what a difference. I can't flog it yet because I still have 100 miles to go on the clutch break-in, but you can definitely feel the difference. I'm guessing we are at about 315-320hp now. I will dyno it as soon a I get the 500 miles on the clutch. I am thinking about getting some race axles this week before I go to the track. They are definitely a weak link and no reason to push my luck. With my luck, I'll snap an axle and it will smash the side of the tranny or something. Gator Racing has some nice axles, I'll let everyone know the outcome. Thanks for asking:)

dj addicted
02-24-2004, 05:00 PM
most wanted... Im sure the mods will get pissed about this... but Im definately getting that kit... its just a matter of getting that amount of money... I just wish I could install and tune myself and save a lot of money..

SFPracing
03-10-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm lurking around here somewhere... like Brian said, call or email me with ?'s.

Boost Junkie
03-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Pikachu
they are just for you pleasure and your knowledge you do not have to have them but it is go to have them

I do not agree that gauges are for you pleasure. I think that whatever kit you decide to get you should also get at least a boost gauge and an A/F gauge. These are not for decoration. You may not experience any problems without them but you would be amazed at how many times turbo cars that go down without them would not have if only they knew what the car was doing.

Example. Your car is tuned and running great for a few months or even a year. Then your fuel pump starts to fail or an injector fails. Your car will go lean and you will probably melt down a piston. This could have all been prevented by monitoring you A/F gauge.

There are more examples of how the gauges can save you but I think you get the point. ;)

surfsi2
03-14-2004, 03:58 PM
No offense to anybody but the complete kit including guages, and a s-afc-2 is the reason I went with CN. Do yourself a fovor, and this goes for everyone who runs any kind of boost, get the guages!!!!!!!!!
My feeling is every kit should come with boost and air/fuel standard.

danoonez
03-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Anybody know the specs on the turbochargers Cybernation and SFP use?

Boost Junkie
03-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
Anybody know the specs on the turbochargers Cybernation and SFP use?

What specs are you looking for and which turbo are you refering to? We use differnt turbo setups so you will have to be specific and I will answer the best I can.

danoonez
03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Boost Junkie
What specs are you looking for and which turbo are you refering to? We use differnt turbo setups so you will have to be specific and I will answer the best I can.

Oops, sorry about not specifying. I was asking for the specs on the T3/T4 that you choose.