PDA

View Full Version : Sah-weet....

audomatik
02-17-2004, 04:27 PM
I just found out if I trade my car in on a Lancer Evo 8 I could get a projected $11-13k for my EP3 with barely 12k miles on it. What an investment. I'm kinda pissed. I've had my car for just over 7 months and it's only worth that? How could it drop $6-8k in 7 months? So glad I bought this car... :'(

skooba
02-17-2004, 04:30 PM
5 months ago you would have gotten about 14-14.5k. However, since the release of the 2004 SI, the 02-03s dropped a few thousand. Don't worry, as soon as all of the EPs sell from the dealers, their value will go up, simply because supply drops off to zero. Just give it time. Besides, a car is a liability, not an asset. If you were considering an EVO, you should not have bought an expensive car a year before, of course you're going to lose money.

D16Y8_Turbo
02-17-2004, 04:33 PM
In the first 2 years, the car depreciates the most. Lots of people say that they paid 17K for their EP but the bad news is when you pay less for a car...the car is worth less. Pay more for your car, you'll get more for it. Don't trade the car within two years. You'll lose lots of money trading it in earlier than 2 years.

jaydub
02-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Man I'm sick of reading all these whiney ass posts.

savesteve
02-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
I just found out if I trade my car in on a Lancer Evo 8 I could get a projected $11-13k for my EP3 with barely 12k miles on it. What an investment. I'm kinda pissed. I've had my car for just over 7 months and it's only worth that? How could it drop $6-8k in 7 months? So glad I bought this car... :'(

I got about 13k for my 03 w/ 11k miles when I traded for my SRT-4.

No clue why they don't retain their value like a normal honda.

audomatik
02-17-2004, 04:50 PM
i wouldn't be pissed if i paid anything less than $19,600 for my car, but i paid full price. i got some insentive tho. i got some free mats, free oil changes, etc.

ps... if you're tired of reading it dont post... way to make this like clubrsx/clubsi/vwvortex...

skooba
02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
If you don't mind my asking, why did you pay full price?

jaydub
02-17-2004, 04:54 PM
i wouldn't be pissed if i paid anything less than $19,600 for my car, but i paid full price. i got some insentive tho. i got some free mats, free oil changes, etc.

ps... if you're tired of reading it dont post... way to make this like clubrsx/clubsi/vwvortex...

Don't be mad because you got screwed on the price and now it's not holding value. I'll post if I feel compelled to do so, and lately I have felt compelled to point out the fact that there's a lot of sandy vaginas and bunched panties in this forum, mostly from owners having buyers remorse. I don't feel bad for you, that's what happens when you buy a car: It depreciates.

skooba
02-17-2004, 05:01 PM
*in Eric Cartman voice*

In this Nancy Drew mystery novel, Nancy goes to the beach and gets sand trapped in her shoe. This could explain how audomatik got sand in his vagina.

audomatik
02-17-2004, 05:10 PM
wow... it officially happened. this place has turned into the vortex. lets see, why did i pay full price? because just about half the people on this site did. and i purchased it at the beginning of july so there was absolutely no budging on the price from my dealer. i don't care, i get another 3 free oil changes and tire rotations and one free alignment. so i didn't get SCREWED... i'm sorry i didn't get my EP at $12k like you did. Way to start an internet fight because I'm looking for a new car.

If you'd like to know... I purchased my car when I was at a previous job doing shit work and getting paid shit money. Now I make 3 times as much and can afford something I know I'd enjoy. I'm not saying that I hate my EP or regret buying, I just fell into a better job and more money. Why not spoil myself?

Nice sandy vagina comment... what are you like 17? Daddy bought your car huh?

jaydub
02-17-2004, 05:14 PM
wow... it officially happened. this place has turned into the vortex. lets see, why did i pay full price? because just about half the people on this site did. and i purchased it at the beginning of july so there was absolutely no budging on the price from my dealer. i don't care, i get another 3 free oil changes and tire rotations and one free alignment. so i didn't get SCREWED... i'm sorry i didn't get my EP at $12k like you did. Way to start an internet fight because I'm looking for a new car.

If you'd like to know... I purchased my car when I was at a previous job doing shit work and getting paid shit money. Now I make 3 times as much and can afford something I know I'd enjoy. I'm not saying that I hate my EP or regret buying, I just fell into a better job and more money. Why not spoil myself?

I'm 26 and old enough to know when someone's crying over spilled milk. Shit happens. I'm not exactly overjoyed about the resale value either, but I'm not gonna whine about it at this point. I'm not trying to "start an internet fight," that's not what I do. I post my opinion and people get offended sometimes. I refuse to candy-coat my responses because I'm worried about someone's reaction. This isn't the first time you've gotten pissed off about my responses either, and I'm sure that it won't be the last. It comes with the territory of being willing to voice one's opinion, and it's a risk I'm more than willing to take.

EricP3
02-17-2004, 05:16 PM
You guys crack me up :D

skooba
02-17-2004, 05:19 PM
1. I did not get my car for $12k. I got it for $17,600.
2. My dad did not buy it, I did.
3. I never started a fight. I said "don't mind me asking....". The sandy vagina comment was a harmless joke, I am sorry that you cannot take anything lightly.
4. I bought my car in February, 5 months BEFORE you. You could have gotten a lower price, all you had to do was shop around.
5. Why would you buy a new, $20k car if you were at a shit job making shit money? Don't be angry at ephatch for your poor financial habits.
6. I'll be 21 on thursday. People have different senses of humor, whereas you, seem to have none. It was a joke dude, just relax.
7. Read my first post in this thread, it explains the value of our car and why it has gone down lately, but just like the 99-00 si, it will level out.

iVtec si
02-17-2004, 05:19 PM
uh...werd!:p

audomatik
02-17-2004, 05:20 PM
When was I crying over spillt milk? I just stated that in 7 months my car depreciated to $11-13k. Thats a $1000 a month. My mom's 2002 Jetta is worth more than my EP and its got 13000 more miles and some battle scars. She paid just around the same price, a little more cause she got the leather and everything... but sheesh dude. I'm not pointing fingers but its responses like yours that can go unneeded. You sound just as bad as people over at VWVortex.com.

audomatik
02-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by skooba
1. I did not get my car for $12k. I got it for $17,600.
2. My dad did not buy it, I did.
3. I never started a fight. I said "don't mind me asking....". The sandy vagina comment was a harmless joke, I am sorry that you cannot take anything lightly.
4. I bought my car in February, 5 months BEFORE you. You could have gotten a lower price, all you had to do was shop around.
5. Why would you buy a new, $20k car if you were at a shit job making shit money? Don't be angry at ephatch for your poor financial habits.
6. I'll be 21 on thursday. People have different senses of humor, whereas you, seem to have none. It was a joke dude, just relax.
7. Read my first post in this thread, it explains the value of our car and why it has gone down lately, but just like the 99-00 si, it will level out.

1. I wasn't talking to you...

enough said

02SilverSiHB
02-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
no kidding!

audomatik
02-17-2004, 05:23 PM
wow... my posts got all messed up...

2. A shit job to me is anything less $30k a year. So it was making shit money $10 an hour 40 hours a week sitting at a computer, doing basic web design and trying not to fall asleep.

i was looking to see posts like savesteve's, like how much you got for your EP and things like that. not harassment because you think "i'm pissed about getting screwed." i'm willing to take a loss but not $7k. chill out people...

skooba
02-17-2004, 05:26 PM

enough said

You weren't talking to me? You started off by saying "lets see, why did i pay full price?" ....a question that I asked you.

Also, I made a sandy vagina comment, you didn't specify who it was directed towards, so I assumed myself. Sorry for the confusion.

redronin22
02-17-2004, 10:28 PM

Nice sandy vagina comment... what are you like 17? Daddy bought your car huh? [/B][/QUOTE]

wow! u make 3x as much money. whoopty freaking do. i make 3x as much as i did when i got my SI. big deal. Mod you're SI and be happy.
If u get the EVO insurance would rape u not to mention maintenance.
(its a shitsubishi)
Also the evos arent gonna hold their value once again see above reference to mitsubishi. watch the resale value plummet further and cry even more as your 30k car plummets in value.

jaydub
02-17-2004, 10:35 PM
If he really made "three times what he did when he bought the Si," he wouldn't be concerned about losing a couple grand.

phatfreeza
02-17-2004, 10:37 PM
bwhahaha... this is good readin' :)

redronin22
02-17-2004, 10:43 PM
If he really made "three times what he did when he bought the Si," he wouldn't be concerned about losing a couple grand.

yea 90 grand a year and he's bitchin about 7 grand? big whoop

not to mention how the hell can he score a nice job like that yet be suckered into paying sticker on a SI. everyone and their mom knows that!!

i bought my car for 18.5k in july as well . . . . . july of 02
I got free floormats/mudflaps/sidemolding/door molding/free detailing and some free rice obx pedals with the car. :angel:

jaydub
02-17-2004, 10:45 PM
I bought my Si in Oct 02 for 17k. I also got a 7yr/100k extended warranty for that price. :cool: There's no excuse to buy any car for MSRP.

Soon2beEP3
02-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Spoil yourself with a K20a and like redronin22 said Shitsubishi.

redronin22
02-17-2004, 10:52 PM
If i had a crap job and only got paid 90k id have a toda/mugen JDMpimpified EP.

dream list:
suspension: volk ce28n 18" fightex coilovers
engine: mugen bling I/H/E toda everything
interior: bride c/f navi and navi II, mugen computer dash kit
exterior: mugen aero kit + signal custom widebody

what i have now: mugen oil cap,rad cap,socks

but too bad i only make a lil over CRAP money so that aint gonna happen for awhile. hehe

glw
02-17-2004, 10:55 PM
five years from now when your ep has over 100K miles on it it will still be work $10K. the car looses most right after purchase but nothing like a honda keeps their value for as long.

513n179
02-17-2004, 10:57 PM
umm, can you help me find a job that'll pay me 3x what i make now?

Peking
02-17-2004, 11:02 PM

I have already expressed my feelings on this before :(

This site is still very different from others, conflict will always be here. The key is knowing how to deal with it, easiest thing to do is laugh it off. Take the time to better explain yourself, cause in all truth you were not trying to start anything and neither was Jaydub.

wow... my posts got all messed up...
i was looking to see posts like savesteve's, like how much you got for your EP and things like that. not harassment because you think "i'm pissed about getting screwed." i'm willing to take a loss but not $7k. chill out people...

If you started your thread like his, you would have different posts. Sorry for your loss, hopefully your next ride will be more better for you.

civicracer1128
02-17-2004, 11:43 PM
why do people trade a new car in on a new car a year later??????? thats like the best way to loose money. and yeah i know the wording is funny but i do consider a 1 year old car new. i mean if you were trading in the ep for a suburban cause your girl was knocked up with a litter of quintuplits or something that would be more worth it. all you guys trading in for evos or srt4s or whatever.......WHY!?

seattlecivic
02-18-2004, 03:33 AM
WHAT!! SOMEONE SPILLED THE MILK!?? "SPANKING TIME" Get ready to Really cry.. Daddy is coming for you now ^_^

audomatik
02-18-2004, 05:15 AM
Damn when did I ever say I was making 90k? I'm done... bye guys

Siman
02-18-2004, 04:36 PM

good god, some people and their rude comments.....deal with it Jaydub, not everyone on this site is satisfied with their car anymore....I'm not:'(

Siman
02-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Damn when did I ever say I was making 90k? I'm done... bye guys

people bashing for no earthly reason....he just likes the EVO, i do to! i would trade mine in a heartbeat if i could for an evo. My Mitsu dealership has 4 of them, Red, Yellow, Black and a white one...dayam...and they are discounting them too, they have only sold 2 previous...they bought to many!

STi's are badass to you know.....did i mention you can buy a ferrari 308gtb with the weber carbs on ebay for 20,000 all day long...those sound good and have good handaling and look cool and are mid engined and are cool and are cool and i like the integra type-r there cool

wow i rambled just like some of the guys on here too! :confused:

D16Y8_Turbo
I didn't think this was going to be a popular thread. :eek:

jaydub
Originally posted by Siman
good god, some people and their rude comments.....deal with it Jaydub, not everyone on this site is satisfied with their car anymore....I'm not:'( http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/dead_horse.jpg

02SilverSiHB
02-18-2004, 04:45 PM
http://www.dubfusion.com/tehfunny/dead_horse.jpg
no kidding!