PDA

View Full Version : Yellow(Gold) EP3 Sighting

BioCin
02-17-2004, 04:33 PM
I am confused as all hell. Today at school(University of New Orleans), I see parked 20ft from me a Yellow(gold mustard color) EP3. It had a Cali plate. Looked bone stock maybe a girls car. Paint looked like factory.

I kid you not. I wish i owned a digi cam I would have taken pics.

I was in the cove(campus eatery) a week ago talking with some people i had met and I said i drove an EP3 and that person said they had a friend who bought(parents bought) it from a dealership and had it special ordered in that color. I didn't beleave it, I was like they only come in 4 colors and yellow is not one of them. Well Today I saw it, i had to do one of those double takes and then i spent 5 min in the parking lot staring at it(i was late for class because of it). Well do any of you know if this is a special edition or it is probably true about getting it special ordered?

It was the same color gold as the car posted in the Custom forum under "Gold Paint?" But it wasn't that car. It was bone stock in body, don't know what was under the hood.

jaydub
02-17-2004, 04:37 PM
It's called urine... err, Euro Yellow, and it's not a special color.

skooba
02-17-2004, 04:39 PM
It's a 2002 model. Vivid Blue Pearl replaced it in 2003. Your friend is retarded for telling you it was special ordered.

BioCin
02-17-2004, 04:43 PM
I am glad I got the vivid blue pearl then.

I just didn't know what was up i never seen that before at all. They must not have made many of them in that color. That is an ugly color.

jaydub
02-17-2004, 04:44 PM
they made plenty in that color. It is no more rare than any other color.

EricP3
02-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
they made plenty in that color. It is no more rare than any other color.
Actualy it is more rare than the other colors, because they only made si's in that color for 1 year.

jaydub
02-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by EricP3
Actualy it is more rare than the other colors, because they only made si's in that color for 1 year.

I'm talking about from that particular model year.

EricP3
02-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
I'm talking about from that particular model year.
Ok, i get what your saying now. Yes they made just as many yellow Si's in 2002 as they did Black, Silver or White. That yellow is definatly the ugliest color though. I kinda liked it but my dad refued to have a car that color in his garage! haha :p

k20hatch
02-17-2004, 08:29 PM
It was me!!!

Na j/p

SilentGiant
02-18-2004, 02:47 AM
*sigh*

always hatin on the color :(

STP03BlueSI
02-18-2004, 07:19 AM
I dont think anyone is really hatin on the color..Its just a different color.:D

itwasfate02si
02-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by BioCin
Looked bone stock maybe a girls car.

Why if it's bone stock it's gotta be a chicks car.....:(

Sarah

EKON
02-18-2004, 08:04 AM
What the fuck is up with all this hatin' on Euro Yellow EP? Its the only color that stands out (other than the red the canadians get). This is how I feel about the other colors.

Silver=Everyone and their grandma has this color

Black=Nice, but a bitch to keep clean

White=Not a sporty color (unless its Championship White)

Blue=Its been over played

My 2 cents

:p

Fuck the Haters

(j/k...drive what you like):D

Jpax
02-18-2004, 09:01 AM
:D I liked all the comments on my car. "WHOA what the F@#K were you thinking?"

"Were you high when you bought this, you really need to lay off the crack pipe"

"This is got to be the most retaded thing you have done, yet!"

Speck
02-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Man, no kidding, people HATE on the Euro Yell.... I just have to say, I am STILL very happy that I bought it in that color. Nothing could make me change it :)

-=speck=-

Jpax
02-18-2004, 09:24 AM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjc4OTgxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjc4OTg0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

:'(

k20hatch
02-18-2004, 09:47 AM
I had alot of haters at first, now that everyones getting used to it they actually love the color! Its like a unique one of a kind color. You dont have to even paint a new color to stand out and be different! I loved my color from the start and i do more and more everyday! Of corse i have the people they still say urine yellow and stuff, i just smile and brush it off and get a laugh out of it!

jaydub
02-18-2004, 09:51 AM
hehe I call it Urine Yellow in jest but to be honest the color has grown on me. :)

1flySi2002
02-18-2004, 10:02 AM
When we were buying the EP, I thought the yellow was soooo ugly I wanted it. But they didnt have one in yellow, and besides my husband wouldnt let me have it anyway. I really like the yellow one now.

Graywolf
02-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Euro yellow isn't bright enough, if it were more yellow, and less euro, it'd be sweet

Siman
02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
I almost bought one in the Euro yellow....I havent but seen ONE euro yellow in Tennessee. And guess what, it was at a dealership, i havnt seen one on the road.....

imagine Black rotas with a full mugen body kit and some other look nice goodies....it would look pretty cool, I think Mr.T would approve dont you?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/MMPH-E/254152.jpg

SilentGiant
02-18-2004, 10:22 PM
werd...

plan on doing that...Carbon fiber hood, and some gun metal rims...

but probably be next year...

this year is all suspension mods and my CAI...come on SPRING!

yellerep3
02-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Come on yall stop hatin the color, but hell i love the yellow more than any other and glad i got it. to each his own.

TrippZ
02-19-2004, 12:48 PM
EYP REPRESENTTTTTTTTTTTTTT w00t w00t

and yes, yellow on black is hot! :D

yellerep3
02-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
EYP REPRESENTTTTTTTTTTTTTT w00t w00t

and yes, yellow on black is hot! :D

yes yes it does, just picture any mod on yellow looks so much better, carbon hood, hatch, rims gun metal or black looks sick with this color, wish i could give an example but im broke and unemployed