PDA

View Full Version : regrinding cams?

jdm03ep
02-17-2004, 05:43 PM
is it possible to make a nice amount of power on stock cams reginded? not just with the k-series engine but who has worked with this at all?

oldskool
03-10-2004, 04:14 AM
i would wait until a set of fresh cams comes out, like from skunk2racing. the lobes can wear off on a regrind (they just weld extra metal onto the existing lobes and then grind a different profile) i called comp or crane cams forget which and asked about cams for the si and they didnt have anything and they suggested not doing a regrind and they said for new custom cams a master cam would run a few thousand! and also i would have no idea what kind of specs would work good, lift overlap duration lobe seperation single or dual pattern....the possibilities are endless, so i would wait for an aftermarket cam that has been tested;)

2tacosfor$1
03-24-2004, 10:32 PM
regrinds are for the poor mans racing. you never know if they are the right specs especially if you go to some hole in the wall machinist. Its worth the money to buy NAME brand. because you know what you are getting. but if you really want regrinds...go ahead.