PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

iwantansi
02-17-2004, 05:44 PM
This is the predicament here boys. . I have a '99 Si right now but our local Honda shop has chopped the price of a new '03 to $17,300 and then whatever I can work them down. Do you think I should trade up? I have already started moddin my car so I will have to start all over but do you think its worth it? Any thoughts appreciated.

Jon

dofu
02-17-2004, 05:58 PM
one night i saw a 99 si with i/h/e on the freeway... i had i/h w/18s and a huge box, and 2 passengers at the time... i still smoked him... not by very much, but with all the added weight i had, the fact that i still beat him says a lot... btw... he tried to pull on me... i caught up and passed him

redronin22
02-17-2004, 06:04 PM
they have better gearing but no torque. but that 8k redline sure is sweet. easily fixed with hondata.

TheMutt
02-17-2004, 06:14 PM
The differences between the two are small, given the exception of looks, and it's really all taste. If you like the way the hatch looks, the size of it, and the fact that most non-honda girls wont like them, go for it! The torque is lots of fun compared to some of the b-series, the close gears are pimp, with the shifter your girl can get even closer, and the interior is overall just better! In all honesty, the only reason I can really see for not trading up if you can get a good deal is that mods can be more $$$ because the a3 is not everyones favortie and the exterior styling is not for everyone. But the 99s still sell really well and I'm sure you could pull off a really good deal.

iwantansi
02-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Thanks for those thoughts. I am having trouble finding some good places that sell EP3 parts. I ussually go through places like Options Auto and Cox Imports but im looking for Spoon (I know its getting played out) parts. I thought I read an article about Spoon getting an authorized dealer but im not sure if that is true or not. Thanks for any more input.

Jon

BTW why CTR body pieces so damn expensive?!

eggsi
02-17-2004, 07:56 PM
The main reason why ctr parts are so expensive is because 99 out of 100 people that can get them jack up the price because of the high demand for it. But i about to give in to them and buy the ctr front for know then save for the rest. you can't beat factory fit.

rabbitman
02-17-2004, 09:16 PM
and if you do go after the EP, you need to talk them down a lot more. i walked out with a new 03 EP at the beginning of this month for 15.5k without any haggling whatsoever.

Peking
02-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by iwantansi
This is the predicament here boys. . I have a '99 Si right now but our local Honda shop has chopped the price of a new '03 to $17,300 and then whatever I can work them down. Do you think I should trade up? I have already started moddin my car so I will have to start all over but do you think its worth it? Any thoughts appreciated.
Jon

Welcome to the site :) What do you have done to the 99 SI, and the price they are asking is to high. Depends on what you have done to your SI, and what kind of shape is your ride in? If you are not happy with what you have done, and/or you would like a new ride. Then work them down in price, then start over with what you have learned so far. Also you will have a great place like ephatch to help you :D

iwantansi
02-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Well, thanyou all for sharing your thoughts. Tonight I purchased an '03 EP3, I think the blue is called VBP? I take delivery tomorow night. For those that are curious, me and my dad haggled em to $15400 and then $8500 for my car which they only wanted to give me $7500 to begin with. I can't wait to get it and start putting some goodies on. I think maybe I will go for the Mugen suspension first? Anyways, thanks and hopefully this site will be a good resource in the future.

BlackSi613nin
02-19-2004, 10:51 PM
congrats on the new car! i wasnt the mugen suspension, but cant afford just yet.. post some pix of ur new baby!!!

joHn

oogy-boogy
02-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by iwantansi
Well, thanyou all for sharing your thoughts. Tonight I purchased an '03 EP3, I think the blue is called VBP? I take delivery tomorow night. For those that are curious, me and my dad haggled em to $15400 and then $8500 for my car which they only wanted to give me $7500 to begin with. I can't wait to get it and start putting some goodies on. I think maybe I will go for the Mugen suspension first? Anyways, thanks and hopefully this site will be a good resource in the future.

That is awesome....

Welcome to the site and enjoy your new baby. :D

Feel free to drop Q's as there are a ton of great people here. Always remeber, the search button is your friend.