PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rates

civic hatch boi
09-29-2002, 10:47 PM
are
150 front and 290 rear good or bad?
i have no clue.

they're tein springs.. for 01+ civics..
i knwo i shoudln't get them if they're not for my car.
but the price is too good.. so.. wondering if it woudl work?
or if i should jsut something else.

HondaMan
09-29-2002, 11:43 PM
The correct spring rates for our cars are like double those numbers. I know you know not to get them unless they are made for our car, so I would recommend against them and find some for our cars like the Progress springs I have. It's your call if you want to risk it over getting a good deal...not worth the potential trouble IMO, so pay a little extra for the right springs. :)

civic hatch boi
09-29-2002, 11:46 PM
damnit ur right hahaha... i know progress are good and all..
but dunno., i just want name brand stuff. i guess im spoiled...
i guess ill go for sportlines :( just gotta save up since they're the only ones out. and since H&r's wont drop our cars low enough as i would like..

i JUST listed all my college books on sale on ebay.. so go buy them!!! ahahah if i sell them all, i should have a good $350 in my pocket :)

todaCspec
09-30-2002, 05:36 AM
end of October,they should have teins for EP's. just be patient, plus more time to save money.

civic hatch boi
09-30-2002, 10:14 AM
are you seroius?? end of october?? do you know any more info on them. ie. drop, cost, etc?
did you hear this from Tein themselves?

02SilverSiHB
09-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
are
150 front and 290 rear good or bad?
i have no clue.

they're tein springs.. for 01+ civics..
i knwo i shoudln't get them if they're not for my car.
but the price is too good.. so.. wondering if it woudl work?
or if i should jsut something else.
those numbers are terrible! yuck! 290 in the rear should be in the front and double that for the rear.

todaCspec
09-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
are you seroius?? end of october?? do you know any more info on them. ie. drop, cost, etc?
did you hear this from Tein themselves?

This was posted by RAcarboy in the forsale forum:

Ok, so we called TEIN yet again. On the TEIN SS system for 2001-up Civic, you have to enlarge the hole in the bottom of the suspension system for the front two dampers from 14.8mm (Civic stock) to 16.5mm (Civic Si). While this can't be that hard to mess up, we finally pushed TEIN and asked them what their deal was. They said, wait till the end of October for both the TEIN SS and FLEX systems. I'll keep you guys updated.

civic hatch boi
09-30-2002, 02:01 PM
ss or flex? what about just regular springs. that's all i can afford.