PDA

View Full Version : 4 hour cleaning day

ek9jdmhb
09-30-2002, 12:03 AM
damn. i just spent 4 hours cleaning my car today. The swirls were getting to me while i was washing i so i decided to go all out. First, i I used 3m hand glaze to hide my swirls. It did a pretty good job hiding the swirls and it also made my black paint blacker. (it looks wet) Than i waxed it with meguirs hi tech yellow and that made the paint smooth as hell, and it kinda hid the rest of the swirls. after that, i put mothers carnuba wax. The paint looks fresh. I so happy. its kind of time consuming but well worth it. In about a month or so, im gonna get a porter cable which should cut that time in half. tomorrow, im going to tackle the inside of my car.

AkronSi
09-30-2002, 06:11 AM
The time goes a lot faster if your doing it with a friend and drinking good beer!

02blksi
10-01-2002, 02:38 PM
The time goes a lot faster if your doing it with a friend and drinking good beer!

AGREED ! :)

BTW : I envy you, i have to work all week 9hrs a day, by the time i come out its to late!! GRrrrrrRRrrr oh well, maybe ill take a half day this week (my baby is DIRRRRTTTTYY!) :'( --joe :)

ek9jdmhb
10-01-2002, 10:39 PM
it was worth it. Usually i just wax my car and not polish it. when i did that, the dust would fly on my car, but for some strange reason, its still clean.