PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Racing Problems

Vierge99
02-18-2004, 03:45 PM
In case nobody checked the main discussion or the company's website, Jackson Racing has halted online ordering of many of it's supercharger kits. The 02-02 Si and RSX kits most importantly. I made a call to Jackson Racing and when asked what was up with the price drop, webpage update, and online sale stoppage, they couldn't tell me the answer (specifically) and we're very nervous about speaking to me after that. They did reassure me though that I could still buy the kit over the phone for $2,595.00. I wonder what's going on up there. If you've noticed, most of their kits now are sitting right at $2595.00. Unless it's a high-output system of course. Maybe another price drop and fix of the faulty units...

ATRIOT
02-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Something about a bearing problem was mentioned in another thread.http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30602

Tenacious G
02-18-2004, 04:13 PM
ATARI TEENAGE RIOT ... is that where you got your screen name? that has been bugging me for the longest time. sorry to hijack the thread, but it just dawned on me.

ATRIOT
02-18-2004, 05:05 PM
LOL Yeah thats where its from, are you a fan?

bgsteve523
02-19-2004, 12:49 PM
any info on whats going on yet? I wanna know if they are going to make a race version or a boost upgrade kit? Thats what they need to do ASAP to bring in more customers. I hope this isn't a double post sorry if it is

Tenacious G
02-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
LOL Yeah thats where its from, are you a fan?

well, i used to work at a college radio station, and ATR consistently made the playlist. i wouldn't call myself a fan simply because i'm not that familiar with the music, but from what i remember, i liked their songs.

back on topic ...

JR had a problem with the needle bearings. at least two members on ephatch have had problems and sent their SC back to JR for repair (Champ Masters and 1fastsi or something). i think CM has his back. This kind of gives JR a black eye as far as their reputation for reliability, but they are a quality company. i have no doubt the problem will be fixed shortly, all defective SCs will be repaired and we can all boost safely in the near future.

Champ Masters
02-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Yep, I got my charger back about a couple weeks ago and put it back on. Everything seems fine, no noises, no knocking etc. I got to hand it to Jackson, they really stand by their products. I had my charger back in under a week and while it was down there they went through it by hand and replaced everything and tested it! Hope everyone get theirs fixed and running again soon.