PDA

View Full Version : 04 ep still available months from now?

kwigybo
02-18-2004, 04:55 PM
hey guys,

i'm a long time reader, first time poster. i've found that this is a great place to find out all kinds of info about the ep. so i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

i used to drive a green/teal eg si (you know the one i'm talking about). it was a great car for daily driving, but i never modified a thing on it. now that the si is back in a hatch form, i was seriously thinking about getting one. so a few weeks ago i got a quote from a local dealer in LA and they told me i could get the ep for $17,915.65 (maybe because sales are slow?), which was the invoice price according to KBB. BUT...then a few days ago i read on TOV that the ep's are stopping production in march. i was not planning on getting an ep until end of may / beginning of june. my question is...do you think that there will still be enough ep's to go around at that time? and do you think that i'll still be able to get it for that price a few months from now?

thanks in advance for your responses!

Peking
02-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah they will be there, trust us on that :( Good thing is you will get a much better deal. Also check the newspapers, they post great deals there that you won't see at the dealer.

fsugatorbait
02-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Yeah they will be there, trust us on that :( Good thing is you will get a much better deal. Also check the newspapers, they post great deals there that you won't see at the dealer.

Hahaha, yeah im gonna agree with Peking. I picked up a new 02 si about 4 months ago from a local dealer. I bet in June you'd still have your choice between the 03 and 04. Good luck, and the price you got quoted I hope is for an 04.

SiR_d1
02-18-2004, 05:16 PM
I don't believe they're going anywhere:(

RedLight_Si
02-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Wouldnt that be something if now there was a sudden demand/panic to get one the last of the Si's before they are gone? All of sudden dealers who were giving big discounts on them were now charging customers sticker or even more.Lets see what happens.

shauniewalnuts
02-18-2004, 08:00 PM
lol that would suck! i hope them get cheaper i am planning out gettin one the same time

Surprise
02-18-2004, 08:53 PM
The article said that they are not producing any more 04's, it didn't say that there won't be any 05's.

Peking
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Surprise
The article said that they are not producing any more 04's, it didn't say that there won't be any 05's.

If the article is true, then I wouldn't doubt a year off to get ready to introduce the new coupe (like some others I think the coupe will be making it in 06 with a power upgrade). I might get one, to go with my EP3 :)

prestoguy124
02-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Peking
If the article is true, then I wouldn't doubt a year off to get ready to introduce the new coupe (like some others I think the coupe will be making it in 06 with a power upgrade). I might get one, to go with my EP3 :)

http://www.hondapreview.com/civic/

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=202867

you seem to be right on it being a coupe.. as for when.. seems like 05 is the year.. right now everythin seems to be up in the air.. no official word from Honda NA

Surprise
02-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Jeff the writer of the article also said

Don't get the wrong idea - this news item is not about the demise of the current Civic Si - it's simply noting that production for the '04 Model Year is quickly winding down. It doesn't say anything about the model disappearing for '05.

So if you can't by a new Si soon, don't worry.