PDA

View Full Version : Turbo, Supercharger, or NOS

civiconjuice
02-19-2004, 08:53 AM
I am new to this forum and import cars all together. I was wondering what do you all think is the best bet for the money. I want to do something to my engine to make it faster, but i do not wanna spend a ridiculous amount of money. Let me know what u think is the best thing to invest in

STP03BlueSI
02-19-2004, 09:09 AM
NOS= Quick, and can be painful(at high amounts)
Turbo= Lag time, and can be painful(prob long term on high boost)
SuperCharger= no lag, and prob can do damage..but I truely don't know to much about SC.

Hatch02SI
02-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by civiconjuice
I am new to this forum and import cars all together. I was wondering what do you all think is the best bet for the money. I want to do something to my engine to make it faster, but i do not wanna spend a ridiculous amount of money. Let me know what u think is the best thing to invest in

Im not new at all... But to this day i still haven't figured it out... since i already have i/h/e i am gonna stay away from turbo... maybe all motor (head swaps/etc)or supercharger or nitrous... don't really know yet.

ATRIOT
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Cheap power when you need it = Nitrous. You cant go wrong when properly installed and applied. Best bang for the buck.

Vertigo
02-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Cheap power when you need it = Nitrous. You cant go wrong when properly installed and applied. Best bang for the buck.
Agreed! Nitrous is the poor-man's HP.

ViViDPeArL
02-20-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT

go with nitrous...if you have all stock..and waat more hp, you can't get a better deal. besides...keep it under a 50 shot on all stock parts and you'll be perfectly fine...BTW, make sure you shift BEFORE your fuel cut off kicks in...or else...kaboom

ViNRoCk8
02-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Get the NOS man!!!!!

lol.......

N2o is obviously the best bang for your buck, but boost is a great thing:D

ViViDPeArL
02-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by ViNRoCk8
Get the NOS man!!!!!

lol.......

N2o is obviously the best bang for your buck, but boost is a great thing:D

boost is a great thing...but motors that aren't designed for boost, shouldn't be boosted under stock conditions IMO. Plus, with boost, your motor is CONSTANTLY working harder...where as nitrous...a little 40 shot here and there for 10 seconds doesn't hurt.

tcostello3
02-21-2004, 05:03 AM
swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......

denmah
02-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by tcostello3
swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......swap it, boost it, blow it up......

:) my hero

Vertigo
02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by tcostello3
That method becomes rather costly.