PDA

View Full Version : Best Tire 4 Stock Rims?

AzN Si GuY
02-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Can someone tell me the best tire and measurements for stock rims? Any kind of opinion or input would help. Thanks :)

j spek chucks
02-19-2004, 08:00 PM
i like my kumos 205 50 15

Karim
02-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Th best size for your car in 15's without throwing off the speedo would be 205/55/15.

Which tire to choose? You have plenty of options. If your on a tighter budget Sb00 and Thorgod put the Yokohoma ES100s on and like them very much but Sb00 found find to wear quick if you tend to drive really hard on them and autocross on them.

If you have a little more money, I used to run that size on my celica when I had it and loved the Bridgstone S03s. Great wear, great grip in the dry, and very good in the wet.

There are plenty of other tires that are good also but I like those 2.

Karim

f4hondaphile
02-19-2004, 08:28 PM
What was the wear like on you S03s, how many miles could you get out of them with aggressive street driving, no auto-x?

Thanks

03EP3SiHB
02-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Falken Azenis BABY!!!, Nice tires, good wear, not so great in the rain, but who really drives hard in the rain????? I do, but I like to get a little siddwayzzzz. Anyways Falken has some nice ass tires that don't run that high as far as cost, the rest is finding best price on mount and balance. Peace!

Karim
02-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by f4hondaphile
What was the wear like on you S03s, how many miles could you get out of them with aggressive street driving, no auto-x?

Thanks

I don't drive very agressively on the street. I save it for the weekends at the track or the parking lot lots filled with orange cones. But when I do drive hard on them I have a tendency to really cook them :D

I could've easily got 20k out of them but didn't end up having the car much longer and traded it in for my Honda :)

Karim

Karim
02-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3SiHB
Falken Azenis BABY!!!, Nice tires, good wear, not so great in the rain, but who really drives hard in the rain????? I do, but I like to get a little siddwayzzzz. Anyways Falken has some nice ass tires that don't run that high as far as cost, the rest is finding best price on mount and balance. Peace!

The azenis are great! The bad thing about them though is they don't make them in 205/55. They make them in 205/55 which throws your speedo off. Not by much but it does.

Karim