PDA

View Full Version : Spoon Fixed Damper Set

audomatik
02-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Anyone have this? I'm very interested in it. Seems to be the same sort of setup as the Mugen. No one made a big deal about this one tho like the Mugen. It's cheaper too. I saw the Mugen go for as much as $1000, the Spoon is $775.

mrfixit687
02-19-2004, 07:12 PM
link plez

audomatik
02-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Check it out here (http://www.spoonsports.us/catalog/civic/suspension.htm)

I emailed to double check the price. It is $775, there was a type on the website. It's the one pictured at the very top...

hernameis?
02-19-2004, 07:49 PM
someone needs to get some more info on this.. Im gettin pretty damn impatient with H&R and their cup kit delay...

SONIC SI
02-19-2004, 08:22 PM
The pricing for the EP3 is $2250. :eek:

Damper kit Fix TYPE-R EP3 51600-EP3-000 msrp $2250

mrfixit687
02-19-2004, 08:58 PM
it says type R, and doesnt type R have diff suspension then us? the mugen kit is for the us si

trk
02-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
it says type R, and doesnt type R have diff suspension then us? the mugen kit is for the us si

No the mugen kit is for the CTR, I have it, the labeling is CTR.

2250 NOT 775 ...

lol

:eek:

tom3
02-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
Check it out here (http://www.spoonsports.us/catalog/civic/suspension.htm)

I emailed to double check the price. It is $775, there was a type on the website. It's the one pictured at the very top...

I believe he's saying that there's a typo on the site. Notice that the adjustable ones for both EK9 and EP3 are $2250, it would make sense if the fixed dampers for EP3 is $775, seeing how the fixed dampers for EK9 is $775.

audomatik
02-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Email from SpoonSports.us
It is $775.00. It is a typo. Thanks for catching that. Currently out of stock.

There ya go. It is $775, but it's out of stock.

SONIC SI
02-20-2004, 05:26 AM
Well for $775 that's a killer price. Does anyone know when they will be in stock again? I will give them a call today and see when they will have them in.

Low Rider
02-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by trk
No the mugen kit is for the CTR, I have it, the labeling is CTR.

2250 NOT 775 ...

lol

:eek:

Hey TRK... I am thinking of getting the Mugen fixed set up. Do you recommend it? What are your impressions? Thanks bro...:D

"NMFO"

hernameis?
02-20-2004, 06:03 AM
does anyone know the stats on the fix kit? like drop, spring rate etc?

CivicGSiR
02-20-2004, 06:12 AM
the way it's pictured looks as though it's with out springs. especially when they sell all the springs seperately. so, $775 looks as though it's without springs & the springs are $335 a set.
$775+335=$1,110
the $72ea. straight springs(black) are for the coilovers.

$1,110 for SPOONSPORTS:)

$1,000 for MUGEN:)

trk
02-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Low Rider
Hey TRK... I am thinking of getting the Mugen fixed set up. Do you recommend it? What are your impressions? Thanks bro...:D

"NMFO"

I love them. About the same drop as Eibachs. The mugens stop all body roll and dive when entering corners or braking suddenly. They are great on the freeway, perfect for driving fast, at really slow speeds they can be a little rough on rough roads.

Overall, A+. Great stuff.

mrfixit687
02-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by trk
I love them. About the same drop as Eibachs. The mugens stop all body roll and dive when entering corners or braking suddenly. They are great on the freeway, perfect for driving fast, at really slow speeds they can be a little rough on rough roads.

did you have lowering springs before the mugen? or driven another ep that is lowered but without the mugen set? because it says how the mugen compensates for bumpsteer with relocated control arm mount, i drive my friends 97 prelude he's lowered with tiens and koni yellows and it bumpsteers, and its very annoying, so i just want to know if theres any hint of bumpsteer with the mugen setup

SiR_d1
02-20-2004, 02:03 PM
$775!

thats a wicked price for Spoon. Thats only about $1050 Canadian. I would forsure get these over the Mugens

trk
02-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
did you have lowering springs before the mugen? or driven another ep that is lowered but without the mugen set? because it says how the mugen compensates for bumpsteer with relocated control arm mount, i drive my friends 97 prelude he's lowered with tiens and koni yellows and it bumpsteers, and its very annoying, so i just want to know if theres any hint of bumpsteer with the mugen setup

Yeah, I had eibachs and stock struts...

Shitty compared to mugen.

trk
02-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
$775!

thats a wicked price for Spoon. Thats only about $1050 Canadian. I would forsure get these over the Mugens

ITS 1110$ --- go back and re-read it.

SiR_d1
02-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by trk
ITS 1110$ --- go back and re-read it.

just saw it, my bad

Burgh
02-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Um the spring listing lists spring rates up to 24K!!! Do you mean to tell me that we can pick and choose what spring rates we want to go with these dampers and that the dampers will even work with these kinds of rates??!! :eek:

If we DO get to choose our own rates and these dampers can handle the higher rates then that's a fantastic deal!

Low Rider
02-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by trk

Excellent... thanks bro...:D

Low Rider
02-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
Anyone have this? I'm very interested in it. Seems to be the same sort of setup as the Mugen. No one made a big deal about this one tho like the Mugen. It's cheaper too. I saw the Mugen go for as much as $1000, the Spoon is $775.

Mugen set includes springs... Spoon does not!!!;)

SiRman
02-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Um the spring listing lists spring rates up to 24K!!! Do you mean to tell me that we can pick and choose what spring rates we want to go with these dampers and that the dampers will even work with these kinds of rates??!!

The springs available with dif. rates are for the Spoon adjustable coilovers. You must use the OEM style Spoon progressive springs with the fixed dampers.

03blueSI
02-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Are these out now. Last time I checked I was told that Spooin was not releasing them. This was around the time that Spoon removed them from their website (you used to be able to see them on the spoion website, they were taken off about 6 months ago)

SiRman
02-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Are these out now. Last time I checked I was told that Spooin was not releasing them. This was around the time that Spoon removed them from their website (you used to be able to see them on the spoion website, they were taken off about 6 months ago)

Last I heard the adj. dampers/coilovers where not yet produced, with no planned ETA for their production. The EP market is picking up a bit but I wouldn't keep any fingers crossed that we will ever see these.

They are still listed here:
http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-suspension.html

I had to wait a long time for the Spoon progressive springs to become available, but they finally did, so their is still hope for those wanting the coilovers.

Chinaboy
02-21-2004, 12:36 AM
im gonna get the fix non adj damper kit + progressive springs on my hatch before summer, the whole deal 900 US, not bad I must say. They should fit our chassis because... on Hondawerx site, there is a EP3-R JDM.. and a EP3 USDM.

I would get spoon over mugen anyday... common dude 1000 and 1100... if you are throwing down 1000 for suspension, if you gonna whine about 100 more then maybe you should not think about changing suspension at all.

trk
02-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
im gonna get the fix non adj damper kit + progressive springs on my hatch before summer, the whole deal 900 US, not bad I must say. They should fit our chassis because... on Hondawerx site, there is a EP3-R JDM.. and a EP3 USDM.

I would get spoon over mugen anyday... common dude 1000 and 1100... if you are throwing down 1000 for suspension, if you gonna whine about 100 more then maybe you should not think about changing suspension at all.

So you'd "get spoon over mugen anyday" because?

I mean, the spoon stuff may not even exist, its also never been reviewed or tested on an usdm Si... yet you'd pick it anyday over mugen.

Excuse my attitude but are we label whoring here?

Low Rider
02-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by trk
So you'd "get spoon over mugen anyday" because?

I mean, the spoon stuff may not even exist, its also never been reviewed or tested on an usdm Si... yet you'd pick it anyday over mugen.

Excuse my attitude but are we label whoring here?

Here, here...!!! I have some Spoon goodies on my baby but, it's not because I have any preconcieved notions of superiority. I have the Mugen rear sway bar too... After all, Mugen has been around a lot longer than Spoon has.

My bet is that they both have great R&D facilities.:D

SONIC SI
02-21-2004, 08:24 AM
For the price of the Mugens or the Spoons I would rather spend a little more and get a nice set of coilovers.

SiRman
02-21-2004, 10:04 AM

Make sure the price you are looking up for the fixed dampers includeds the progressive springs.

As far as review and testing on a USDM (CanadaDM actually), I have had the SPoon progressive springs on my car for over 8 months now and love them.
The Spoon fixed dampers would provide superior valving in the shocks
and provide better performance then the stock shocks, but I'm not made of $$, so I don't have them.

yomamaInMySi
03-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Spoon fixed it's a no as per spoon us.

Low Rider
03-16-2004, 12:33 PM
At this time, there is no scheduled production run for the Spoon EP3 fixed damper - it doesn't exist! :'(

Chinaboy
03-16-2004, 03:41 PM
i ordered my springs, they are in a container going to OPAK racing as we speak now from Japan. The springs are here, and there is a run of ep3 non ajust dampers. But thye are not gonna be out just yet. Prolly have to wait a bit longer for those.

Progressive springs are made to be used with stock struts or the NON ajustable dampers from spoon

the Stright springs with different spring rates are to be used with adjustable coil over system

I am getting the springs for 300 and then the dampers for 630 when they are available.

But since the dampers aren't gonna be here for a while... imma finish my T1R exhasut espisode.. then maybe save up 1200 for a Spoon header. and then in between do the lower bars and the strut tower bars... I should be done by xmas, if spoon release their products with me on time... thne I will be able to mess with other spoon goodies like the yellow engine cover, drain bolts, and socks... lol those come last

Chinaboy
03-16-2004, 03:45 PM
also im not whoring any name brands, mugen and spoon are very respected brands but i want to make a USDM spoon replica of the Spoon EP3... or maybe I will use all spoon internalsm and then get CF Mugen Wing, CF Mugen hood, and CTR sideskirts, and Mugen Lip =D then I can have best of both worlds

bryan
03-16-2004, 03:54 PM
i ordered my springs, they are in a container going to OPAK racing as we speak now from Japan. The springs are here, and there is a run of ep3 non ajust dampers. But thye are not gonna be out just yet. Prolly have to wait a bit longer for those.

any idea when they might be available?

Low Rider
03-16-2004, 03:56 PM
also im not whoring any name brands, mugen and spoon are very respected brands but i want to make a USDM spoon replica of the Spoon EP3... or maybe I will use all spoon internalsm and then get CF Mugen Wing, CF Mugen hood, and CTR sideskirts, and Mugen Lip =D then I can have best of both worlds

What kind of rims are you getting? :D

Chinaboy
03-16-2004, 03:59 PM
What kind of rims are you getting? :D

looking at 5zigen FNCR-10 or however name they are... or maybe juss go cheap and go rota C10... or slips.. SW388 are WAY too expensive for my blood... if i was to spend 2200 for spoon... they would be a ajustable dampers over the SW388 anyday

Chinaboy
03-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by bryan
any idea when they might be available?

my spoon dealer told me they will be here by next month... so im hoping to save more so when i have the springs, I can order the dampers are available.

I was so stupid to spend money on the exhasut first on the car... I should of done suspension first... that was such a noob move. I mean i didn't mind spending 600 on the muffler... but I should of done that later on.

Low Rider
03-16-2004, 04:08 PM
my spoon dealer told me they will be here by next month... so im hoping to save more so when i have the springs, I can order the dampers are available.

I was so stupid to spend money on the exhasut first on the car... I should of done suspension first... that was such a noob move. I mean i didn't mind spending 600 on the muffler... but I should of done that later on.

Who is your Spoon dealer - I think they are stringing you along. I spoke to the Spoon distributor for North America yesterday and there is no date released for the arrival of the Spoon fixed dampers - sad but true!!! :'(

By the way: those FN01R's are beautiful rims... what colour would you get?

97 TYPE-R 312
03-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I love my Mugen Sport Suspension. Great ride for everyday and occasional track time.

-Victor

Chinaboy
03-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Who is your Spoon dealer - I think they are stringing you along. I spoke to the Spoon distributor for North America yesterday and there is no date released for the arrival of the Spoon fixed dampers - sad but true!!! :'(

lets see, my dealer is in south sf, he is in connection with Opak Racing which is the NA distrubutor... there are so many... I thought AJ Racing was a NA Distrubutor also... and ... anyways forget about distrubutors... my dealer can get me parts, he order directly from Opak racing... so he talks to them frequent. My dealer is also a shop in south SF called Acutech. The owners name is Niki and he is a great guy, if anyone around SF should need spoon parts, talk to me and I put u straight to him... he is the best all round.

FN01R... prolly gonna go bronze... its good on a white car =D

low rider, I think you and sirman and I, are gonna have about the same setup kinda car... think us three got something in common with our ep3's

Chinaboy
03-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 97 TYPE-R 312
I love my Mugen Sport Suspension. Great ride for everyday and occasional track time.

-Victor

yeah the Mugen Sport Suspension is a great setup, but we are talking about Spoon setup... :confusem:

Low Rider
03-17-2004, 04:36 AM
lets see, my dealer is in south sf, he is in connection with Opak Racing which is the NA distrubutor... there are so many... I thought AJ Racing was a NA Distrubutor also... and ... anyways forget about distrubutors... my dealer can get me parts, he order directly from Opak racing... so he talks to them frequent. My dealer is also a shop in south SF called Acutech. The owners name is Niki and he is a great guy, if anyone around SF should need spoon parts, talk to me and I put u straight to him... he is the best all round.

FN01R... prolly gonna go bronze... its good on a white car =D

low rider, I think you and sirman and I, are gonna have about the same setup kinda car... think us three got something in common with our ep3's

I would love to try those Spoon fixed dampers. If you have a line on them let me know... Right now I am running the AEM CAI, Comptech headers, T1R b-pipe, and Spoon N1 exhaust. I am waiting for some Buddy Club P1 Qualifiers - they have been on order forever!!! I might also get the Mugen throttle body and Hondata flash. ;) Suspension is a whole other story...

Chinaboy
03-17-2004, 11:30 AM
im gonna build a spoon hampster... but I donno about hte BC CF hood... looks wierd... so I might just do the Mugen CF hood and a Mugen CF wing, then the type R sides and call it a day for the looks... looks are not as important to me yet, so im just throwing all my money into the functoin of the car. So far my mods are...

Spoon Street Type Axelback
Injen CAi

Future....

Spoon prog springs w/ spoon unadjust dampers
T1R bpipe
hopefully Spoon header, after some modficications, (can't we use RSX header with our engine?)but will get a header of some kind. I want to stick to spoon because its a whole system u kno? if I mix and match parts, the result might not come out the same.... I donno how accurate my logic is but...
Spoon TB
Spoon headgasket
Hondata Reflash... or maybe get a spoon piggy back unit... but if i don't have a a2 head it mightnot work

Then if i got extra money to fuck with i'll get a spoon street type radiator.

that is my plan just a spoon hatch... not to say that spoon is the best and i'll be invinsible or whatever, but its just a dream i had to have a Spoonish EP3... so imma do it

yomamaInMySi
03-17-2004, 01:20 PM
As per OPAK, there won't be a fixed damper kit. Supposedly they made it for the DC5 and that's the pic that we see on the web site.

Low Rider
03-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
As per OPAK, there won't be a fixed damper kit. Supposedly they made it for the DC5 and that's the pic that we see on the web site.

Yeah... that was my understanding too! Sadness... :'(