PDA

View Full Version : alpine f#1 status

humanshield
02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
okay, so here's the deal. i'm gonna be selling an alpine f#1 status head unit and processor within the next month. if anyone is interested in purchasing this, let me know. if the offer isn't realistic, i'm keeping it. let me know. thanks.

p.s. i wasn't sure if here, or the for sale page would be best. so i chose here. mods, feel free to move if you need.

jaydub
02-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Good god, what I'd do for that. :D Unfortunately I have no money for car audio right now. :(

Honestly you might have better luck trying to sell it on a car audio forum, where they know the value of the F#1.

DumbNewB
02-19-2004, 11:11 PM
can u post a picture im not familiar with what it is

humanshield
02-20-2004, 10:41 AM
thanks for the responses! nice and quick. the stereo does retail for $3,000 for the cd player and $4,000 for the processor. as far as it being worth the money. maybe not. but i'm not selling it for that outrageous price. no one should ever spend $7,000 on a stereo for their car (unless you're talking amps, speakers, and the works).

jaydub, you seem to dabble in the car stereo. if your suggestion is to try in a car stereo forum....any suggestions for where? thanks.

you guys still have a chance. remember i'm not looking for retail, i'm looking for decent offers. and when you've seen this thing in action, you'll know why it's the best. not to mention how sexy the two look together.

wanna have the most original EPs ever. i don't think anyone else has this setup. not even the alpine civic si had this!

jaydub
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I usually post on www.elitecaraudio.com and www.carsound.com

Those are two places where the quality of that setup won't be ignored.

humanshield
02-20-2004, 05:08 PM
wow. this was not what i had in mind. if no one wants what i have, that's fine. i don't want people to get upset at each other. the f#1 status is a high end deck as most of you know. and it does need to be tuned professionally. i don't want that, or think that, should stop anyone from having it in their car. just becuase it's a beautiful piece of electronic goodness, doesn't mean it shouldn't adorn the dashes of the civic si.

anyone want it?

jaydub
02-20-2004, 05:18 PM
i edited your topic to be a bit more "friendly." :)

danoonez
02-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by humanshield
...anyone want it?

Of course I want it, just go ahead and send it my way;) .

Bump to the top.

ep3hatchattack
02-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Wow if i only had the money........ Are you interested in an in-dash Kenwood Excelon kvt-910 In-dash DVD player?

humanshield
02-23-2004, 08:37 PM
i'm not really a big fan of in dash dvd players. granted the kenwood one is nice...it's just not my style.

when i get ahold of a digital camera, maybe i'll post some pics of what this bad boy looks like in an SI. until then...or until someone names a price i like...

televated
02-26-2004, 11:22 PM
I know very little about car audio but I'm pretty sure i'd enjoy that. I'm not sure I could justify spending that much at this point but i'm sure I could be talked into it pretty easily. I'm having trouble fining information on the components also. I don't think I have a discerning ear for that level of quality anyway. But then again, I'm one to spring for the best. Aside from reading about it on the Alpine website, is there anything slightly less biased you can offer in the way of features or comparability to other components on the market?

This post didn't really contribute to the thread but I guess I'm just joining the ranks of the useless. Good luck finding a buyer.

By the way, why are you interested in selling if you don't mind? have you got an upgrade in mind?

jaydub
02-27-2004, 12:28 AM
To be quite honest, there really isn't much out there which compares. Pioneer has the DEH-P9 & DEQ-P9 combo setup, which is still not as adjustable as this unit.

danoonez
02-27-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by televated
By the way, why are you interested in selling if you don't mind? have you got an upgrade in mind?

Is there such a thing as an upgrade from F#1 Status?:confused:

humanshield
02-27-2004, 10:39 AM
the only thing out there that i think is better than this unit...is the new f#1 status. which plays dvd audio, a composite output, 3 color illumination, and a new transfer system called ionbus. the f#1 status i have uses alpine's ai-net.

but there's always gonna be something better. i'm looking to sell this to see if i can't make some money to get some performance parts for my car. and that's it. if i can't i'd be happy in just keeping it. but, i sure could buy some nice performance parts with the money. eh, who knows.

as far as my opinion on the f#1. using all the levels of adjustability never entered into it with me. you could spend the better half of your life tuning it. i like it for how smooth it looks, sounds, and operates. did i mention looks?

ep3hatchattack
02-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Wow..... the guy interested in this who needs to be talked into it............. THIS IS THE BEST CD PLAYER ON THE PLANET......... I hope that helps a little...... thanks, dave

humanshield
03-01-2004, 08:59 PM
maybe trades?