PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone selling their cars?

Nismonotmugen
02-20-2004, 04:13 AM
Don't tell me you guys are disappointed in it. I'm actually trying to buy one and now I see people selling them is giving me second thoughts.

Peking
02-20-2004, 06:31 AM
If you actually take a good look at it. It is only a few who are getting rid of their rides. You just don't see as many "I love my EP and I will never get rid of it" threads :D

Jon

STP03BlueSI
02-20-2004, 06:42 AM
Yea they sell their Hot EP..for a

SKITTLE

because they want speed...and a neon:D

BlairSpeed
02-20-2004, 09:05 AM
I freaking love my car. Got it Nov. 1, '02 and I now have 22K miles and not one thing has gone wrong in it. (knock on wood!)

You wont be disappointed!;)

slc71
02-20-2004, 09:08 AM
I have thought about getting rid of the EP3, but I finally came to the conclusion that I love my EP3 and screw what other people say about it being a matrix, focus and delivery van.
You also have to be able to admit that your EP3 is not the fastest car on the road, but I would rather have something unique to myself and built by my own hands then factory assembled power.
Personally I need the reliability and gas mileage more than I need a 300HP monster that gets 18MPG and has transmission problems all the time.

ALSO
The SRT-4 is not a neon, ya right.
For anyone you talk to that has an SRT-4 point out there VIN tag inside the door.
Check this picture of a SRT-4 door.

http://home.insightbb.com/~slc71/door.jpg
http://home.insightbb.com/~slc71/sticker.jpg

STP03BlueSI
02-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by slc71
ALSO
The SRT-4 is not a neon, ya right.
For anyone you talk to that has an SRT-4 point out there VIN tag inside the door.
Check this picture of a SRT-4 door.

http://home.insightbb.com/~slc71/sticker.jpg

LMAO!!!http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh2.gifhttp://www.tamparacing.com/forums/images/smilies/astrosmiley2.gif

btw...the neon is a http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/images/smilies/rcain.gifwith ahttp://www.tamparacing.com/forums/tamparacing/smiles/crackbaby.gif

silver ep
02-20-2004, 09:56 AM
btw...the neon is a with a

:smilem:

02NJHondaep3
02-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Well the economy is poop right now. Everyone is dropping interest rates so they can show growth to investors or superiors. I'm paying 6.4% interest on my ep3 when some dealers now are offering 1.9% or even 0%.

I could've bought a WRX or a Type S for a less interest rate. Most people are seeing this now. I feel like an ass for paying this much in interest and I have thoughts about buying another car but i love my ep3 so i would never consider selling it. Even after all the bs and fights me and her went through.

Black03Si
02-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Peking
If you actually take a good look at it. It is only a few who are getting rid of their rides. You just don't see as many "I love my EP and I will never get rid of it" threads :D

Jon

Exactly. You're always going to see more threads of people complaining about their car than praising it. If someone has a good thing going you may or may not hear about it, but the second someone has something screw up on them, it's pretty much guaranteed you're going to hear about that.

As far as people saying the ep looks like this or that, I get nothing but compliments from your average, everyday people. The only people that I see bagging on the ep are the ones registered to other car forums that have a biased opinion towards their own ride.

Mugen Power
02-20-2004, 10:28 AM
The minivan/egg/mouse comments don't bother me. I mean, even I call it that sometimes and so do some of my friends. I've even seen members of the board do the same thing! It's all love, baby. Besides, on more than a few occassions, girls have thought that my EP was cute. :winkm: Whatever gets positive comments, right? :smilem:

blacksihatch
02-20-2004, 10:39 AM
I love my ep, I just might have to get rid of it for financial reasons. I can afford the payments I just want to move to a different state and go back to school, and the payment is holding me back.

Zero Three Si
02-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 02NJHondaep3
Well the economy is poop right now. Everyone is dropping interest rates so they can show growth to investors or superiors. I'm paying 6.4% interest on my ep3 when some dealers now are offering 1.9% or even 0%.

I could've bought a WRX or a Type S for a less interest rate. Most people are seeing this now. I feel like an ass for paying this much in interest and I have thoughts about buying another car but i love my ep3 so i would never consider selling it. Even after all the bs and fights me and her went through.

Maybe your credit has something to do with it buddy...

Not calling a SRT-4 a neon is like saying an Si isn't a civic.

Mugen Power
02-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by blacksihatch
I love my ep, I just might have to get rid of it for financial reasons. I can afford the payments I just want to move to a different state and go back to school, and the payment is holding me back.

Personally, if that's the case, I'd get rid of the EP and go back to school because it's more important.

02NJHondaep3
02-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

Maybe because I'm 19 and i havent established enough credit yet BUDDY

think about that one.

STP03BlueSI
02-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Wow I am 21 and I had to get a Co-signer for my car..

what is up with everyone today...is everyone a buddy?...maybe its because i want a BUDDY Club hood:Dhttp://www.tamparacing.com/forums/images/smilies/spiny.gifhttp://www.tamparacing.com/forums/images/smilies/astrosmiley2.gif

Chris

ViNRoCk8
02-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

Not calling a SRT-4 a neon is like saying an Si isn't a civic.

Actually its a little different. An Si actually says "Civic" all over the car.

A neon doesn't.

:D

dofu
02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
abuse has been kinda harsh on my ep, so i've been thinkin bout tradin in for somethin with a bigger motor and awd or rwd, but i'd be losing too much on this car since i bought it new, and i have hella miles... and plus, im enjoyin this car too much... little things can get fixed and my car will be good as new...

Siman
02-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I want my car to handle and perform like spoon sports EP3 does! I want the higher revs and 6 speed and lots more HP, Work Wheels, mugen N1 exhaust, type-r spoiler and such.....thats the ONLY reasons i would and want to keep my EP3. 240SX's and AE86's are soooooo tempting though. I know i would take a big loss, but if I could sell my ep3 to a dealer for 10,000 I could buy a ae86 for 1 grand and then dump alot of dough into it so it would be everything i have ever wanted! I love backroads, thats why !http://www.aj-racing.com/images/Project/AJREP3/DSCN4066.jpg

Mugen Power
02-20-2004, 01:52 PM
I almost bought an AE86 before the EP came into my life. To get what I wanted from the 86, it would've cost too much money and it was such an old car... Sometimes I still wish I bought it though... :crym:

Nismonotmugen
02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
i owned an ae86. I was putting so much money into it I could have just bought an EP3.

spacevtec
02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Dont get me wrong ppl ...I love my EP and this site but it's really not the best car for having a baby seat. I wish had an unlimited budget to just go out and buy another car but we all know how that is. So please dont think ppl are selling cuz the car SUCKS...

B17A
02-20-2004, 06:05 PM
I'll sell you mine. ;)

Peking
02-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Black03Si
Exactly. You're always going to see more threads of people complaining about their car than praising it. If someone has a good thing going you may or may not hear about it, but the second someone has something screw up on them, it's pretty much guaranteed you're going to hear about that.

As far as people saying the ep looks like this or that, I get nothing but compliments from your average, everyday people. The only people that I see bagging on the ep are the ones registered to other car forums that have a biased opinion towards their own ride.

Yeah that is pretty much it. I also get nothing but compliments from folks too. Well when the car was stock people at gas stations used to ask me if it was one of those electric vehicles :( :D

savesteve
02-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Yea they sell their Hot EP..for a

SKITTLE

because they want speed...and a neon:D

Danm Straight :)

savesteve
02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ViNRoCk8
Actually its a little different. An Si actually says "Civic" all over the car.

A neon doesn't.

:D

Call it what you like, but all you'll read off the back (if you can still see it) during the race is SRT-4. :)

savesteve
02-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Yeah that is pretty much it. I also get nothing but compliments from folks too. Well when the car was stock people at gas stations used to ask me if it was one of those electric vehicles :( :D

I really like my SI. *shrug* Didn't complain about anything to much. When people post normaly they are asking for help with something. This is why you get more negative than positive. Likeing your car isn't a reason most people will be compelled to post.

Soon2beEP3
02-20-2004, 07:52 PM
I love my EP, my only problem is that it's not fast, very quick though. But there are numerous medicines to cure this disease and there will be more to come. I'm looking toward a K20a swap in a few years. One fast EP. Plus, Gotta love the "rally style" shifter.

02NJHondaep3
02-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Only complaint is whenever I take my car out, everyone looks at it like its a spaceship and asks the same ol questions. Is it weird with that up there?!

My 2003 Si
02-21-2004, 05:30 PM
i havent bought my Ep yet.. and i am already getting comments on it on how much it looks gay and a eg.. but idk its all good.. it matters to me if i like it i am paying for it....

My 2003 Si
02-21-2004, 05:32 PM
hey i dont have the IS yet.. but dam i love it.. and for all those people that dont like t then.. its all good.. just dont cry about it.. cuzz ur not the one paying for it and driving it.. i am sucka

cmb
02-21-2004, 08:38 PM
and you have to remember that the fact that alot of ppl ARE posting about getting rid of the Si shows that they miss it/sentimental about it.

if they didn't care, they wouldn't bother posting anything more...and just move on...

the good bye posts are like mini-tributes if you ask me.

hey, i was in the same boat...
i had to trade mine for a TLS (for baby/family duty!)

still miss my ep! :D