PDA

View Full Version : Progress rear sway bar with HKS catback?

1fastminivan
02-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Did anyone have a fix for the problem of it hitting the bar a little? or did anyone NOT have any problems with the HKS catback hitting the Progress rear sway bar? This goes for anyone with that bar and aftermarket exhaust but especially to those with the HKS. :D

fsugatorbait
02-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
Did anyone have a fix for the problem of it hitting the bar a little? or did anyone NOT have any problems with the HKS catback hitting the Progress rear sway bar? This goes for anyone with that bar and aftermarket exhaust but especially to those with the HKS. :D

I had problems with the greddy evo and my neuspeed rear sway. Just go to any auot parts store and buy two extra exhaust hangers and add one to each of the two hangers on the canister, you might have to work at it a bit to get them to fit on all the way, but they do. No more rattle. :)

RiCeCoOkEr1280
02-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
I had problems with the greddy evo and my neuspeed rear sway. Just go to any auot parts store and buy two extra exhaust hangers and add one to each of the two hangers on the canister, you might have to work at it a bit to get them to fit on all the way, but they do. No more rattle. :)

Mine rattles w/ the greddy evo too... I got used to it... If it starts rattlin', i just rev it a bit.... yeah yeah... I know it's ghetto... hahaha :p

Paul

!@#$%
02-20-2004, 02:54 PM
how about the 22mm ctr rear sway? I assume it would hit as well seeing how both are the same size?

DynaSpeed
02-20-2004, 04:17 PM
I've tried a few different things that actually have worked... a little piece of rubber garden hose wrapped and taped around the sway bar, and a piece of copper tubing foam taped... works for a while, but it melts if you don't get anything that can't take heat.

EnJaNir
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
I finally did a fix for this problem. If you use 3 tie wraps/cable ties/zip ties whatever you want to call them and place them in addition to the 3 hangers and tighten them up just a bit you have just enough clearance to get rid of all the noises

DynaSpeed
03-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Zip ties on the exhaust, or on the exhaust hangers? either way, it will get hot enough to melt them off.

EnJaNir
03-31-2004, 09:52 AM
on the hangers behind the stock rubber ones, works like a charm been 3 weeks now