PDA

View Full Version : RE: Best Intake

kpg111
02-20-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm deciding between the AEM V2 and the Comptech intake system. I know this thread can go on and on but I have to decide on which system to get. Thanks.

chet
02-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by kpg111
I'm deciding between the AEM V2 and the Comptech intake system. I know this thread can go on and on but I have to decide on which system to get. Thanks.

This has been gone over a thousand times, do a search, I know there's an intake poll around somewhere too. Personally, I would go w/the AEM V2

KeNnYtAkEr
02-26-2004, 07:40 AM
I like the V2 personally better. Cus if u really think about it the comptech icebox is almost the same as the stock look. so if thats the case why not just keep the stock intake and add a spoon drop in? I'd take the V2 anyday over the comptech. I think the only other intake I'd go for that I want more is the Mugen Ice Box and thats just for the BLing factor hahaha ;)

kpg111
02-26-2004, 06:19 PM
To all those that replied, thanks. I'm going for the V2.:D

chet
02-26-2004, 06:29 PM
FYI:D

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28737

ecsahs3
02-27-2004, 09:01 PM
I honestly don't understand why people are paying big money for the V2 when so many are claiming it not really producing big numbers. Is it a bling factor. Why not just by a short ram then? What's 1-2hp. Someone enlighten me please.

1llusive
03-01-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm sure you guys checked out this link already, but to those who haven't, It has a dyno of a stock ep with a V2 installed. Decide for yourself...

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=186660

1ll

FCobra94
03-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ecsahs3
I honestly don't understand why people are paying big money for the V2 when so many are claiming it not really producing big numbers. Is it a bling factor. Why not just by a short ram then? What's 1-2hp. Someone enlighten me please.

Exactly. I just bought an AEM Cold Air off of ebay for $175 shipped and I think those seem to be the best bang for the buck right now.

Until I see some proof that some how the V2 is worth the extra $75, then the CAI should be fine.

Not to bash the thing, but when they start advertising that there is such a huge gain in power because of harmonic tuning, or whatever, I just can't see how that could significantly, if at all, increase horespower over a regular short ram...next thing you know, they'll probably come out w/ their own "Tornado" and people will start buying that just because "it's made by AEM."

I don't know. That's just MHO...